Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Anyone else notice the match clock?
    After that last try it went 38 minutes then back to 37 then 38 and then junped to 79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

JGP made a real impact, has to be said. Dave Kearney and Ruddock had great games.

Tomane, jeeesus.

Defence drills all week I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

How on earth did we get that win?????? Great result. Great work by the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Great win. Good to see Da(bo)veaverage playing well and with pace and Young Byrne on the wing looking sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Buer wrote: »
    In fairness, was it ever in doubt?

It sure was . .Am happy to be proven wrong. :cool:

Good to be back ;)

That was close. Phew.

• Advertisement

Good interview from Ross Byrne, mature performance today and gave sensible, honest, answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

That's an odd choice for MOTM. Ross outshone by his opposite number IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Im liking Eir sports so far.....might try a match on Premier and see if they are any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Fcuk sake, interviewer seemed clueless, asking Byrne about Carbery is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Great start to the league, shambolic defense at times but a lot of guts shown. Lots of impact from the bench

• Advertisement

I'm only seeing the studio now, Bowe, Luke and DoC in their glad rags trying to have a professional looking chat. Gas stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Very patchy. McFadden, Kearney, Doris were very good. Thought Byrne was mostly quite good with a couple of hairy moments.

Bench was excellent. Porter, Byrne, Deegan and JGP won us the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

It's in the tackle stats. Cardiff made 192 to Leinster's 79. They were absolutely wrecked.

Having said that, they only missed 13 to Leinster's 16. Three of those were Tomane.

He was absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone else notice the match clock?
    After that last try it went 38 minutes then back to 37 then 38 and then junped to 79

Thank you. I thought I was going insane.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fitzgerald has fairly piled on the beef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

awec wrote: »

Noticed that, needs to hit the gym....shirt busting open

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Eir sport need a desk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I think there's only one word that can be used to describe Tomane.

Poison.

Would he make it in the AIL though??

kmart6 wrote: »
    Fcuk sake, interviewer seemed clueless, asking Byrne about Carbery is nonsense.

It's a fair question, it's something a lot of people will be wondering about given RB was favoured at Leinster (seemingly) and Carbery was getting the green nods.

It's building to ROG V Sexton v2.0 - mods are going to be ecstatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm only seeing the studio now, Bowe, Luke and DoC in their glad rags trying to have a professional looking chat. Gas stuff.

It matches the rest of the production. Some new camera operators would also help or a decent match producer who keeps up with play.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    He's unavailable tonight. That's acrually Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tomane wasn't great against Newcastle either. Other than that, job done. BP win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

DoC singling out Ruddock for praise. Saying Schmidt will be looking on approvingly.

Clegg wrote: »
    DoC singling out Ruddock for praise. Saying Schmidt will be looking on approvingly.

In terms of style and what they bring at times, Ruddock is Doc's heir. Amazing work rate and pain in arse ability.

I should have included him in my list of players who stepped up tonight.

Oh DOC. I can only cringe so much at someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Was I the only one thinking Kearney was a bit of a turnstile in defence tonight? He was superb in everything else he did but fell off or flailed at a good few tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Thought in the first half in particular Molony was putting in a good shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

What was the craic with your one interviewing Byrne?

Two insulting questions in a row:

"Let's be honest, this is Leinster's ****ty backup team, how did you win?"

"Now that Carberry's gone and you're the only one left, how does it feel to be here out of Leinster's desperation rather than your own merit?"

Am I wrong or was that the general gist?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Was I the only one thinking Kearney was a bit of a turnstile in defence tonight? He was superb in everything else he did but fell off or flailed at a good few tackles.
    Wasn't great but rarely plays there. Encouraged by his aggression and lines in attack though. Similar with ROL in defence and attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Buer wrote: »
    Wasn't great but rarely plays there. Encouraged by his aggression and lines in attack though. Similar with ROL in defence and attack.

Yeah thought he really showed some good form, very strong and decisive. Going to create some selection headaches this year if he builds on that and stays fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement