Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

fungus should give up rugby showed his true self tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

sailrail from Dublin port with the onward rail ticket to Newcastle is about 50E one way for both boat and train. much more comfort than a bus but with a few changes.

Considering this pretty ok on a Friday going over. But train connections very tight on Sunday to make the afternoon sailings.
    Presuming Holyhead is dead on a Sunday afternoon if your stuck waiting for evening sailings 8.30 pm ish

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

Considering this pretty ok on a Friday going over. But train connections very tight on Sunday to make the afternoon sailings.
    Presuming Holyhead is dead on a Sunday afternoon if your stuck waiting for evening sailings 8.30 pm ish

Much quicker from Belfast to Cairnryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

When they've had something to play for the Leinster Pro 14 team has usually played well and won. They topped the group ages ago so every games been a dead rubbed for them. But it's still concerning that we've lost a lot of games recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Tomas81 wrote: »
    Much quicker from Belfast to Cairnryan.

True
    But Mrs kc won’t be willing to pick me up from Belfast !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dubal

Clegg wrote: »
    When they've had something to play for the Leinster Pro 14 team has usually played well and won. They topped the group ages ago so every games been a dead rubbed for them. But it's still concerning that we've lost a lot of games recently.

I would have been too, until they simply turned it on against Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

True
    But Mrs kc won’t be willing to pick me up from Belfast !

Well that's all good sail and rail ticket Belfast to Cairnryan includes Ur bus from Bus Aras to Belfast port. It's 80 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I’m getting old and short of sight. But Zidane would blush watching that video. Reckon McFadden will get cited there for sure. Just needed to pull out a switchblade to finish him off.

WTF was he thinking??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭jacothelad

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I’m getting old and short of sight. But Zidane would blush watching that video. Reckon McFadden will get cited there for sure. Just needed to pull out a switchblade to finish him off.

WTF was he thinking??

He was thinking, " It's Calamity Clancy. He's not going to do anything if I nut someone as we're playing Ulster!" .."See what I mean? :D"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

jacothelad wrote: »
    He was thinking, " It's Calamity Clancy. He's not going to do anything if I nut someone as we're playing Ulster!" .."See what I mean? :D"

I reckon he read on the Leinster fans gear website that nothing beats a hoodie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Clegg wrote: »

I wouldn't be worried at all. We were beaten at home by Benetton and got trashed away to Connacht this time last season and won the double. These games mean absolutely nothing.

As it happens, I am pretty happy with what I saw for the most part. That 8 minute period after the card was fantastic. The fight we showed was great for what was a nothing game away from home. It beat the hell out of the equivalent game last season in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

molloyjh wrote: »
    I wouldn't be worried at all. We were beaten at home by Benetton and got trashed away to Connacht this time last season and won the double. These games mean absolutely nothing.

As it happens, I am pretty happy with what I saw for the most part. That 8 minute period after the card was fantastic. The fight we showed was great for what was a nothing game away from home. It beat the hell out of the equivalent game last season in Galway.

Yeah, people were saying the same thing after the Glasgow game, very worrying etc. Then we wiped the floor with Toulouse.

The only player from today who will get a jersey against Saracens is Ross Byrne. It's a whole different squad with a lot more to play for. Maybe we won't win but losing today will have nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Squatter wrote: »
    I wondered about that too. I assume that Clancy was so relieved that they finally managed to score that he let it go.

Can anyone clarify the law about crawling along the ground holding the ball. Can one do it indefinitely? And how can a crawler be tackled by an upright player without the latter making a high tackle?

If your knee touches the ground and you've been held, i.e. someone has actually pulled you to the ground and is still attached, then you are only allowed to make one movement to place the ball and it can't be forwards.

The ambiguity for most people is if someone ankle taps you for example and you trip to the ground, you're still allowed to get up because it's technically not a complete tackle.

But if you've been waist tackled by someone to the ground, you're not allowed to crawl forward on your knee as you say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just watched the highlights, very disappointed with the match officials. Line lady only seemed interested in calling blue offside, 40 something mins totally disregarded a white knock on.

Not that it matters tho.

What happened RB? seemed like he was cramping up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Not fussed. As last week proved after the hand wringing that followed Glasgow, it means nothing. Some decent showings from a few more senior guys. 1/4 off the tee cost us although none were easy.

We played almost all the last 20 with a pack of Dooley, Kelleher, Abdeladze, Baird, Murphy, Connors, Penny and Doris. I'm not exaggerating when I say that wouldn't have been a B&I Cup pack last season. Disappointed not to win but there was some good intensity and ambition shown by them today.

My prediction for this week.

Ferg to be citied followed by not enough evidence to prove head on head contact and Ferg to be let off with a warning over future conduct.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So we have either Munster or Trevisio in the RDS for our semi final on Saturday 18 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Will Connors made 29 tackles. He was chop tackling anything that came down his channel today. Very impressive game from a guy who's only had 6 senior minutes this season.

Has there been any closer or clearer replay of the McFadden incident?

The replay's I've seen are fairly distant and honestly I've seen people sizing up against each other making minimal contact that have looked like that. He might have been trying to headbutt him, he might have been getting into his face. It wasn't clear enough that I would go straight to judgement without hearing from both players.

Otherwise I'm a bit surprised at the criticism of Leinster. Teams that have something to play for or are playing at home are going to be tough to beat for a team with nothing to play for and little team cohesion due to constant rotation and inexperience.

I'd like if we were winning these teams but that doesn't mean I'm surprised that we are not. The pro14 is the most competitive league in Europe and our reserves are seriously pushing some top teams. Context is key.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Has there been any closer or clearer replay of the McFadden incident?

The replay's I've seen are fairly distant and honestly I've seen people sizing up against each other making minimal contact that have looked like that. He might have been trying to headbutt him, he might have been getting into his face. It wasn't clear enough that I would go straight to judgement without hearing from both players.

TMO said there was only one angle on it. From the brief replay, it seemed to me that Fads reacted to something that wasn't recorded. Citing will be down to testimony from match officials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Steve wrote: »
    TMO said there was only one angle on it. From the brief replay, it seemed to me that Fads reacted to something that wasn't recorded. Citing will be down to testimony from match officials.

Reidy swung at him. Not sure on the contact from it but We defo had a swipe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Still bloody stupid from Ferg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Will Connors was outstanding in defense - hes a real talent,

Baird, Dunne and Ryan gonna make second row very interesting in the coming years,

Leinsters backrow production line has gotta be one of the best in the world: Will Connors, Penny, Timoney, Deegan, Doris, Leavy, Conor Oliver, VDF, SOB, Conan, Ruddock, Jordi M., Paul Boyle.

Still bloody stupid from Ferg.

Agree, should know better whatever caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Will Connors was outstanding in defense - hes a real talent,

Baird, Dunne and Ryan gonna make second row very interesting in the coming years,

Leinsters backrow production line has gotta be one of the best in the world: Will Connors, Penny, Timoney, Deegan, Doris, Leavy, Conor Oliver, VDF, SOB, Conan, Ruddock, Jordi M., Paul Boyle.

It was Will Connors’ defence that lost them the match. He left a gap for Rea to score the winning try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It was Will Connors’ defense that lost them the match. He left a gap for Rea to score the winning try.

Never shall he wear a Leinster jersey again

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It was Will Connors’ defence that lost them the match. He left a gap for Rea to score the winning try.

Fair enough but I still wouldn't be hammering him for that.

It was practically his first game of the season having done his knee in after 6 minutes of the very first game. He had no match practice and was going to be rusty. He'll be disappointed but if you judged every performance on one mistake, especially in their first game (a dead rubber) all season, then we'll get nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

What are the odds of picking up semi final pro 14 tickets particularly if we end up facing Munster? Would many go for general sales?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What are the odds of picking up semi final pro 14 tickets particularly if we end up facing Munster? Would many go for general sales?

Not sure a semi final has ever been a sell out. Wouldn’t expect it to be a problem anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Not sure a semi final has ever been a sell out. Wouldn’t expect it to be a problem anyway.

Eh it would be in RDS. Last year was sold out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement