Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

My memory of last year was that it was full, but anyone who wanted a ticket and was organised about it got sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

They put additional seating in last year at the end of the terraces to meet demand. Glasgow Scarlets was also a sellout last season. Tickets weren’t overly hard to get last year as a lot of fans blew their allowance of trips to Bilbao

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I remember getting three tickets easily enough. Good day out. Would go again.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Leinster v Munster should always be in the RDS. I understand why it isn’t but the atmosphere is so much better there than in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Last year's semifinal was indeed sold out.

Season ticket holders get first refusal and the rest go on public sale. They'll plonk in the extra 600 seats too to increase capacity.

Most people i know who wanted tickets last year got sorted but I know a few who couldn't get tickets for love nor money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Last year's semifinal was indeed sold out.

Season ticket holders get first refusal and the rest go on public sale. They'll plonk in the extra 600 seats too to increase capacity.

Most people i know who wanted tickets last year got sorted but I know a few who couldn't get tickets for love nor money.

Where do they put the extra seats?

troyzer wrote: »

Either side of the North and South stands. Temporary extension to the sides of the tiered seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

troyzer wrote: »

On the end of the terrace by anglesea road. Can’t temember if that’s the north or south stand. The one that’s not by simmonscourt

Bridge93 wrote: »
    On the end of the terrace by anglesea road. Can’t temember if that’s the north or south stand. The one that’s not by simmonscourt

North.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

North.

And another on the south diagonally across from the one on the north

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    And another on the south diagonally across from the one on the north

Yep. It's 630 seats in total I believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Fair enough, not been to one in a few years. I don't think the Pro14 knockouts are a huge draw though, on top of which the last notice means it doesn't tend to be that difficult to get tickets anyway.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Fair enough, not been to one in a few years. I don't think the Pro14 knockouts are a huge draw though, on top of which the last notice means it doesn't tend to be that difficult to get tickets anyway.

If it Leinster Munster it will sell out I would think. Enough Munster supporters living in Dublin to kick the attendance up enough to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I’d be amazed if it doesn’t sell out, there are 12,000 season ticket holders. Even if Munster only bring 3-4K, Leinster casuals should easily fill the rest of the demand. Not often we get to see full strength Leinster v Munster games.

stephen_n wrote: »
    I’d be amazed if it doesn’t sell out, there are 12,000 season ticket holders. Even if Munster only bring 3-4K, Leinster casuals should easily fill the rest of the demand. Not often we get to see full strength Leinster v Munster games.

Agreed, it will absolutely sell out. Last year I think it sold out four or five days before the game.

Potentially both teams last game of the season and as someone else pointed out, it's where the game should be played as the RDS atmosphere for that game is incredible. Aviva is a dreadful place for the game but understandable given the revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

RDS >> LR

The atmosphere (and the weather) was fantastic at the Leinster vs Ulster Pro 12 final 2013.

Am I reading this correctly? Is the semi definitely going to be in the RDS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Yes, same as last season

Yeah Saturday 18th May think the ko time is confirmed too

Yeah Saturday 18th May think the ko time is confirmed too

Yep at 3pm :)

• Advertisement

Excellent

Yep at 3pm :)

Flying out early that morning on holidays, might just have time to get out for a pint after check in

Was there any actual word on Cronin? I know someone here said he’s out was there any official word at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Was there any actual word on Cronin? I know someone here said he’s out was there any official word at all?

I had heard it on RTE radio, but the latest official line is that it's "under assessment".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Can't be in the Aviva as there is not enough time to sell/market it to get anywhere near breakeven.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Can't be in the Aviva as there is not enough time to sell/market it to get anywhere near breakeven.

If Leinster wanted to play a semi in the Aviva they could have started marketing and selling it a few weeks ago as Leinster v unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

If Leinster wanted to play a semi in the Aviva they could have started marketing and selling it a few weeks ago as Leinster v unknown.
    Yeah and what happens if Trevino beat Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Leinster hardly beat Munster in the RDS last year, we probably shouldn't be giving up home advantage to have it in a half full stadium, even if there is a good bit more revenue.

You'd still not even half fill it on that much notice. You'd get your 13,000 season tickets and a small number of extras and then you'd have 30-35,000 seats empty

No away fans would purchase until a week before the game and the atmosphere would be brutal.

RDS is a much better venue in so many ways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

stephen_n wrote: »

Yeah and what happens if Trevino beat Munster?

If Trevino beats Munster at the age of 79, then I'm taking up golf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement