Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

errlloyd wrote: »
    Leinster hardly beat Munster in the RDS last year, we probably shouldn't be giving up home advantage to have it in a half full stadium, even if there is a good bit more revenue.

Plus it would be nice for Tadhg Beirne to have a chance to experience what playing in the RDS is like!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,857 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Leinster hardly beat Munster in the RDS last year, we probably shouldn't be giving up home advantage to have it in a half full stadium, even if there is a good bit more revenue.

That Champions Cup hangover. Those Munster lads wouldn't know the feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That Champions Cup hangover. Those Munster lads wouldn't know the feeling :D

Beating Sarries would be absolutely huge, mentally it would be a big ask to come back a week later and perform at the level that will be needed to beat a good Munster team who will be very much up for it. Personally if we win the European cup I wouldn’t care about the next week although I’m sure I’ll change my tune on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

It’s been confirmed at the Leinster awards night that Mick Kearney is leaving at the end of the season. I know it had been rumoured previously but not sure if it had been confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Beating Sarries would be absolutely huge, mentally it would be a big ask to come back a week later and perform at the level that will be needed to beat a good Munster team who will be very much up for it. Personally if we win the European cup I wouldn’t care about the next week although I’m sure I’ll change my tune on the day.

True but swap that for Racing and you have the exact same feeling from last year.

You're absolutely right though. I'd begrudgingly accept a loss a bit easier if we have a momentous weekend in a fortnight.

Supporters Player of the Year - Sean Cronin

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1122591354067066880?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Where is Mick Kearney off to?
    Thought he was the best lock outside of Toner, Ryan and Fardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

That's a shame about Mick Kearney, he played some good rugby in the second half of the season and would probably be lining out in a European final if he hadn't been injured. Best of luck to him wherever he's off to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The rumour was that Kearney was heading back to Connacht but obviously hasn't been confirmed.

Strange to see a player announced as leaving but with no confirmation whether it's retirement or to a new club.

• Advertisement

The rumour was that Kearney was heading back to Connacht but obviously hasn't been confirmed.

Strange to see a player announced as leaving but with no confirmation whether it's retirement or to a new club.

Happened with Cathal Marsh last year. Don't think he agreed a new club til the Summer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If Leinster wanted to play a semi in the Aviva they could have started marketing and selling it a few weeks ago as Leinster v unknown.

It doesn't work like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Happened with Cathal Marsh last year. Don't think he agreed a new club til the Summer.

Think he was released by Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Why wasn't sob on the list.

Probably an end of the night bigger tribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Possibly he’s still a Leinster player until after the WC. If he wasn’t selected he’d have to play with Leinster. Bit fanciful I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,088 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Probably an end of the night bigger tribute.

You're right with that. Leinster's twitter account are quoting an interview he's giving right now.

It'll be a bit odd if they don't do one for Jack McGrath though. He's been a big part of our success in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Max Deegan has won Young Player of the Year, and James Ryan has won Players’ Player of the Year.

Tonight has been a good reflection on St. Michaels with the school award along with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Seanie trolling on Instagram?

IahGIGQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Well deserved award for Deegan. Ever since he lost the 8 jersey to Doris early in the season he stepped up his workrate and excelled in every position across the backrow.

As for Ryan, the guy is just a freak. Already one of the most influential forwards in world rugby at only 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭jacothelad

stephen_n wrote: »
    Yeah and what happens if Trevino beat Munster?

By A HOLE IN ONE...? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's a big promotion for Fogarty. Not just the Ireland scrum job, but also taking control of the training programme for all elite academy prospects across the four provinces.

The 42 has his job description up, "working across the four provinces to deliver a technical program for both scrum and lineout for coaches and players in the elite player pathway. He will also deliver technical clinics to the academies, national age grade squads and players in the national talent squad (NTS)".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Clegg wrote: »
    That's a big promotion for Fogarty. Not just the Ireland scrum job, but also taking control of the training programme for all elite academy prospects across the four provinces.

The 42 has his job description up, "working across the four provinces to deliver a technical program for both scrum and lineout for coaches and players in the elite player pathway. He will also deliver technical clinics to the academies, national age grade squads and players in the national talent squad (NTS)".
    He is top class and will be perfect for this role.
    Being doing such good job in Leinster. Expanding for all provinces is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Not sure about Fogarty. The Leinster scrum was often poor before Lancaster came in. In that away game against Bath in '15/'16 it was a mess. Lancaster has probably been doing a lot of his job for him.

How many changes will Leinster be able to make from the Heino final to the semi against Munster?

One of McGrath or Byrne for Healy?
    Ruddock (if available) for Fardy?
    One of Connors and Deegan coming into the backrow?
    Could probably switch up the halves
    ROL or COB* coming in at 12?

*probably hasn't been getting enough gametime lately to really be in a position to step in in a knock-out game

I'd say they should aim for maybe three changes in the pack to keep it fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

How many changes will Leinster be able to make from the Heino final to the semi against Munster?

*probably hasn't been getting enough gametime lately to really be in a position to step in in a knock-out game

We should recall Nagle for that one - just to annoy Ulster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Not sure about Fogarty. The Leinster scrum was often poor before Lancaster came in. In that away game against Bath in '15/'16 it was a mess. Lancaster has probably been doing a lot of his job for him.

Lancaster is some man for one man.....

At the moment he is doing Cullens and Fogarty job... :p:p:p:p

Should just fire the whole staff of Leinster and have Lancaster run the whole show, I am sure he can be his own tea person

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Definitely Tomane at 12.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Lancaster is some man for one man.....

At the moment he is doing Cullens and Fogarty job... :p:p:p:p

Should just fire the whole staff of Leinster and have Lancaster run the whole show, I am sure he can be his own tea person

Scrum pretty poor under Fogarty

Scrum good under Fogarty plus Lancaster

Doesn't take a genius to work out what was going on.

But maybe Fogarty has learnt a lot and improved since then, so who knows?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement