Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Robin McBryde new assistant coach after RWC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Scrum pretty poor under Fogarty

Scrum good under Fogarty plus Lancaster

Doesn't take a genius to work out what was going on.

But maybe Fogarty has learnt a lot and improved since then, so who knows?

Only 1 small problem with this issue

When exactly has Lancaster EVER worked or coached a scrum? even mentioned he coached a scrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Shefwedfan wrote: »

When exactly has Lancaster EVER worked or coached a scrum? even mentioned he coached a scrum?

There isn't no evidence that he hasn't not worked as a scrum coach coach though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

He used to play hooker and flanker and has a huge amount of experience coaching at all levels. Of course he knows a thing or two about scrum coaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Not sure about Fogarty. The Leinster scrum was often poor before Lancaster came in. In that away game against Bath in '15/'16 it was a mess. Lancaster has probably been doing a lot of his job for him.

Utter crap yet again. You have it in for every foreign player but strangely seem to hate indigenous coaches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

He used to play hooker and flanker and has a huge amount of experience coaching at all levels. Of course he knows a thing or two about scrum coaching.

Based on that we should hire Jonny May as next scrum coach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS9OTXqRhbE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Should just fire the whole staff of Leinster and have Lancaster run the whole show, I am sure he can be his own tea person

Give all players away too. Sure Lancaster could probably beat everyone on his own

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Give all players away too. Sure Lancaster could probably beat everyone on his own

13 Lancaster’s with the o briens in the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I don't know a lot about him, what's his track record like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Not sure about Fogarty. The Leinster scrum was often poor before Lancaster came in. In that away game against Bath in '15/'16 it was a mess. Lancaster has probably been doing a lot of his job for him.

You're some spoofer :pac::pac::pac: (which to be fair we all knew)

But the Leinster scrum under Marco Caputo was one of the very few outright strengths of the Leinster squad under MOC.

Fogs has come in and it's been excellent also.

So (in the words of Eddie Hall) back up your bull****. Find me rates of Leinster scrum penalties compared to their peers

Squatter wrote: »
    Plus it would be nice for Tadhg Beirne to have a chance to experience what playing in the RDS is like!

Not like he had a chance to do that when Scarlets took us to the cleaners in the semi 2 seasons back :pac:

I don't know a lot about him, what's his track record like?

He's the Welsh forwards coach.

Can't be certain but I think they won something of note recently...

And the Welsh pack has always been a pretty formidable entity

You're some spoofer :pac::pac::pac: (which to be fair we all knew)

But the Leinster scrum under Marco Caputo was one of the very few outright strengths of the Leinster squad under MOC.

Fogs has come in and it's been excellent also.

So (in the words of Eddie Hall) back up your bull****. Find me rates of Leinster scrum penalties compared to their peers

The scrum was far from excellent in '15/'16. People have short memories. Maybe you should watch the away Bath match again. And even in other games when it went alright it was often very messy and uncontrolled and liable to slew all over the place. It was as if the pack weren't working as a unit.

Edit: and when I say the scrum was poor before Lancaster came in, I specifically meant 2015/2016. It was excellent before that under Feek and very good under Caputo

The scrum was far from excellent in '15/'16. People have short memories. Maybe you should watch the away Bath match again. And even in other games when it went alright it was often very messy and uncontrolled and liable to slew all over the place. It was as if the pack weren't working as a unit.

Sooooo.....

You refer to one game.... despite Fogerty overseeing more than 100 games?

While we're making assumptions based on that small a sample size... Johnny Sexton is a terrible Outalf because he played poorly against Wales in the 6 nations.

Sooooo.....

You refer to one game.... despite Fogerty overseeing more than 100 games?

While we're making assumptions based on that small a sample size... Johnny Sexton is a terrible Outalf because he played poorly against Wales in the 6 nations.

Well, that's a bit of a straw man argument, considering what I said in the two sentences directly after the part you bolded.

Well, that's a bit of a straw man argument, considering what I said in the two sentences directly after the part you bolded.

Ballsy move doubling down on your wrongness

Usually you've given up by now.

Anyway I should know better than to engage you for more than one post.

Fogerty is not a poor scrum coach. The Leinster scrum is not poor and has not been this decade. Neither of these are up for reasonable discussion

That's the end of it from me. I will see you next time to take the piss at your barely concealed xenophobia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Me and the lads got a picture with Fogarty after every away Champions Cup match we went to. A tradition that sort of started when they bumped into him in Toulon airport a few years ago. After the Toulouse game this year we were like "John, photo photo" and he was like "ahh lads, how many is this now". A bit of a tradition we're a little upset to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Oh people, will ye never learn. :pac:

The McBryde appointment is a bloody good one. And great to see a homegrown coach earning his stripes and being rewarded for doing a fine job. I'd imagine those behind the scenes have a tad bit more knowledge of the ins and outs of day to day rugby and the quality of those involved than some random spoofer on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

errlloyd wrote: »
    Me and the lads got a picture with Fogarty after every away Champions Cup match we went to. A tradition that sort of started when they bumped into him in Toulon airport a few years ago. After the Toulouse game this year we were like "John, photo photo" and he was like "ahh lads, how many is this now". A bit of a tradition we're a little upset to lose.

That's excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Mick Kearney leaving most likely means that we are bringing in a lock?
    I would doubt if any of the academy lads are ready yet!
    The retirements and transfers of players has weakened the squad over the past couple of seasons, imo.
    I wonder if Nagle will be signed. He certainly has the ability and from what I saw, he did well for Ulster.
    Ferg most likely will be suspended. He's lucky to have stayed on the field on Saturday. I think he's a depth player now and nowhere near the top 23. I think he's likely to retire or move on.
    Leinster certainly make us wait for the signings and lads leaving.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    The retirements and transfers of players has weakened the squad over the past couple of seasons, imo.
    I wonder if Nagle will be signed. He certainly has the ability and from what I saw, he did well for Ulster.
    Ferg most likely will be suspended. He's lucky to have stayed on the field on Saturday. I think he's a depth player now and nowhere near the top 23. I think he's likely to retire or move on.

Wouldn’t think a second row will come in. There are 4 senior ones with 3/4 good young ones.
    Also they won’t be signing Nagle as only last night they confirmed he was leaving.

Between Fardy, Molony, Dunne, Dowling and possibly Baird and Charlie Ryan we're ok for the start of next season.

Hopefully Ryan and Toner come back fit from the RWC.

The Kearney move really struck me as they're backing the younger lads especially Dunne who looks a really good prospect.

But Kearney was really showing good form this half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

jacothelad wrote: »
    By A HOLE IN ONE...? :D:D

Very EAGLE eyed of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Toner, Ryan, Fardy, Moloney, then Dowling, Dunne and Baird coming through. Why on earth would we be signing another lock? The IRFU would never sanction a second NIQ lock, with those three young lads coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

errlloyd wrote: »

Fogs is an absolute gent. I was briefly coached by him at a much lower level he was quality there and I can only presume he is with Leinster but I definitely believe he's the type of guy you want to hold on to in a team environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Let's not forget that Murphy covers the row as well. So during the RWC we should have Fardy, Molony, Dowling, Dunne, Baird and Murphy. That should be enough. We should have decent back row options too in Ruddock, Deegan, Doris, Penny, Connors and Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Fogs is an absolute gent. I was briefly coached by him at a much lower level he was quality there and I can only presume he is with Leinster but I definitely believe he's the type of guy you want to hold on to in a team environment.

I haven't met him, but always really impressed with his poise and responses during those horrible in-game interviews.

Ferg cited

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Ferg cited

Proper order. See you next season, Ferg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement