Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

I think it is a fairly widely accepted view that
    1. Carbery was not looking for a move
    2. Carbery was happy with his position in the Leinster squad
    3. Carbery was convinced by people outside of Leinster that it was in his interests to go elsewhere.

I've already said i have no problem with this, but it is disingenuous to imply that the four cases are the same

It's not disingenuous, if Carbery wanted to stay in Leinster he could have easily stayed, except that he had ambitions to play for Ireland, and if he stayed he would have lost out to other players getting regular game-time.

The other players mentioned are moving or have moved for the exact same reason, i.e. to play for Ireland.

I'm sure the other players would have stayed where they were if they were told that they would still have the same chance to get on the Irish team if they didn't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

salmocab wrote: »
    Ah none of those apart from Heaslip and Isa were starters when they finished up. Isa was replaced by Lowe effectively and Heaslip by Conan. We hardly missed a beat on either. I think Jordi was a loss as whilst not a guaranteed starter he was always close and covered multiple positions. The others were almost finished or mid level players.

By the time Isa finished up he was completely done as well. Lowe is a much better player than the Nacewa he replaced (ie the 35 year old).

Conan is not Heaslip but he's a better 8 than Murphy easily, who started all the knockouts last season. I'd love to have Murphy back in the squad now but that's with VdF and Leavy injured.

McGrath and Carbery were/are big losses imo, Carbery is one of the best natural talents we've seen in this country and it still really rankles with me that he's moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Away with this, you sound like a Munster supporter

Buer out of the closet?

Wonder what Israel would think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Leinster Season Ticket Holders have from today until 5pm on Friday to purchase their seats for the Pro14 Semi-final.

Public sale info coming on Tuesday 7th.

STH have priority with the away team getting an allocation and any unsold tickets (if any) will then go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Any ST holders not using theirs I promise to be loud, obnoxious and fawn over John Fogarty one last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

errlloyd wrote: »
    Any ST holders not using theirs I promise to be loud, obnoxious and fawn over John Fogarty one last time.

It’s only one ticket per ST, so it would have to be someone who can’t make the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Ferg's hearing was meant to be held yesterday, but thus far no news - anyone know why?

"The Leinster winger goes before a disciplinary committee Wednesday, via conference call, following an incident during Saturday’s Pro 14 defeat in Belfast when McFadden came into contact with his fellow Ireland international in the 13th minute."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Burkie1203 wrote: »

What a sweet sweet moment. It was confirmed then, that was the semi win. There was no way back for Munster then.

"He's running for the posts. He could be running for the final" is one of my favourite bits of commentary.

Drico mentioned in his book that ROG had a tell when he was doing a cut out like that. He had a little dummy before the wind up. He said it wasn't something he'd look for in analysis as such but something he knew from his years of playing with him. Great read. Great try

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

ROG is already running back before BOD intercepts the pass. He knew he was in trouble the moment the ball left his hands.

• Advertisement

Great vid but really more one for the Munster thread no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Would anyone have perdicted the huge swing after that game

Munster have won 1 trophy since?

Leinster have won
    4 HC
    1 Amlin Cup
    3 Celtic/Rabo/etc etc leagues

I think that is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭accensi0n

All hail the king of Croker park!

They cut to the crowd after that try, I find the stunned looks on more than a few of the Munster faces quite amusing. That game was meant to be a procession to the final, they couldn't believe what they were seeing.

They cut to the crowd after that try, I find the stunned looks on more than a few of the Munster faces quite amusing. That game was meant to be a procession to the final, they couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Yes it is very funny.....but we should not gloat

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yes it is very funny.....but we should not gloat

Nah we should.

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nah we should.

Your day will come.

awec wrote: »
    Your day will come.

The Leinster academy is starting to come good. I could see them potentially winning a trophy or two in the next few seasons....

Sorry did I say Leinster academy, I meant Ulster:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Please note this is a joke, a bad one at that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

The Leinster academy is starting to come good. I could see them potentially winning a trophy or two in the next few seasons....

That is such an offensive thing to call North Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

What a sweet sweet moment. It was confirmed then, that was the semi win. There was no way back for Munster then.

"He's running for the posts. He could be running for the final" is one of my favourite bits of commentary.

Drico mentioned in his book that ROG had a tell when he was doing a cut out like that. He had a little dummy before the wind up. He said it wasn't something he'd look for in analysis as such but something he knew from his years of playing with him. Great read. Great try

I'll always remember the bit after that where we were defending our line, turned it over and released the pressure. The game was won in reality. Less than 10 mins on the clock. But we still refused to give an inch.

"And look at this turnover again. It is magnificent."

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Long runs the fox.

Enjoy it while it lasts, and remember the more you pontificate the worse it will be when it all goes tits up.

Long runs the fox.

Enjoy it while it lasts, and remember the more you pontificate the worse it will be when it all goes tits up.

You're taking this a bit seriously. And it has already gone tits up for Leinster since 2009 as I'm sure you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

In fairness, neither could we! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Long runs the fox.

Then we should all quit following sport at all. The whole point is when your on top to lord it over everyone else and when your not to pretend you don’t care.

salmocab wrote: »
    The whole point is when your on top to lord it over everyone else

Yes but you can appreciate why an Ulster supporter would have a problem with this bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yes but you can appreciate why an Ulster supporter would have a problem with this bit :D

To paraphrase what they themselves like to say, their day will come.

Saracens and Exeter are putting out second string teams this weekend according to the Guardian.

Definitely a big plus Leinster not having any game this weekend, small margins and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I was standing on "the Hill" and as soon as he caught the ball I actually thought I was going to have a heart attack. A great, great rugby memory (not actually having the heart attack adding to that of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Watched that one in a pub in Offaly, the locals were all supporting Munster.
    " A terrible day for Irish rugby etc"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Leinster have apparently sold 12k season tickets already and are expecting to sell out. How many do they have capacity for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement