Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

errlloyd wrote: »
    Leinster have apparently sold 12k season tickets already and are expecting to sell out. How many do they have capacity for?

18,500 generally. 19,150 when extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

18,500 generally. 19,150 when extended.

I doubt they'll allow for zero allocation to general sale and away fans.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

troyzer wrote: »

Not allowed too as both tournaments have a % that must be available to the away team (even if in most cases they don't get fully taken).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Not allowed too as both tournaments have a % that must be available to the away team (even if in most cases they don't get fully taken).

I'd say they have a hard cap of something like 15-16k.

troyzer wrote: »

Of course not but that's their capacity.

Away allocation is 25% so approximately 4,750 for Munster.

The rest to general sale. Bear in mind though that Munster returned 1,000 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

errlloyd wrote: »
    Leinster have apparently sold 12k season tickets already and are expecting to sell out. How many do they have capacity for?

Think 13.5k or thereabouts is the most they sell as season tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Think 13.5k or thereabouts is the most they sell as season tickets.

That was the figure I had in my head also for season tickets

Of course not but that's their capacity.

Away allocation is 25% so approximately 4,750 for Munster.

The rest to general sale. Bear in mind though that Munster returned 1,000 last year.

Sorry... Munster or Benetton :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

McFadden has been banned for 6 weeks. So he misses the entirety of Leinster Champions Cup and League run-in.

Furthermore, he will only be free to play from midnight on Sunday 25th of August, "to ensure the ban accounts for meaningful matches played by Leinster rugby and Irish rugby."

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He must have admitted guilt and wore his best tie to get away with 6 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

awec wrote: »
    He must have admitted guilt and wore his best tie to get away with 6 weeks.

From the Indo article:
    "While McFadden could have been punished with a lengthier ban, the committee "took into account the player's previous disciplinary record and his good conduct acceptance of culpability, his remorse and his engagement with the instant disciplinary process".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Clegg wrote: »
    McFadden has been banned for 6 weeks. So he misses the entirety of Leinster Champions Cup and League run-in.

Furthermore, he will only be free to play from midnight on Sunday 25th of August, "to ensure the ban accounts for meaningful matches played by Leinster rugby and Irish rugby."

So really it’s a 3 match ban in effect at most

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Are the counting the WC warm ups as meaningful matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

DGRulz wrote: »
    Are the counting the WC warm ups as meaningful matches?

Yes. He will miss the first three.

He wouldn't be in the running for the RWC squad proper but would definitely have hoped to be in the wider training squad. This has probably put paid to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yes. He will miss the first three.

He wouldn't be in the running for the RWC squad proper but would definitely have hoped to be in the wider training squad. This has probably put paid to that.

I’d say he’s as likely to be involved in the WC now as he was a week ago. If there are a good few injuries in the warm ups and the tournament he could get the nod but it would take a good few.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Genuinely don't mean to be inflammatory but it's a bit of a joke that his disciplinary record is being quoted as a mitigating factor

I think he's lucky to get away with 6 to be honest, it was a deliberate headbutt to the face. IMO he should have got the mid-range ban, given he made contact with Reidy's head, and no time taken off given the fact it was just absolute foul play and no way to explain it away.

4 weeks taken off for saying sorry is all a bit much. It wasn't some mistimed tackle or dodgy clearout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

I think he's lucky to get away with 6 to be honest, it was a deliberate headbutt to the face. IMO he should have got the mid-range ban, given he made contact with Reidy's head, and no time taken off given the fact it was just absolute foul play and no way to explain it away.

4 weeks taken off for saying sorry is all a bit much. It wasn't some mistimed tackle or dodgy clearout.

I’m still shocked it was only given as a penalty. Shocking decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

He's a complete clown. What is he trying to prove there? He's all macho man and aggro when he wants to be and then misses tackles like nobodies business.

KH25 wrote: »

That's Clancy for you.

If I never see George Clancy referee an Ulster game again it'll be too soon.

• Advertisement

He's missing out on a European final (yeah I know he probably wouldn't have been picked) and Pro14 knockout phase. Whatever chance he had of going to the RWC is gone. He's been punished enough. A couple more weeks wouldn't make any odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

KH25 wrote: »

That's Clancy for you.

If I never see George Clancy referee an Ulster game again it'll be too soon.
    Agreed. Awful referee.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,463 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

On a different note... Rhys Ruddock played with Liam Williams for North Wales U11s

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Bazzo wrote: »
    Genuinely don't mean to be inflammatory but it's a bit of a joke that his disciplinary record is being quoted as a mitigating factor

Yeah, his disciplinary record is not exactly stellar.

He was obviously unlikely to be anywhere near the squad, but he is also not a million miles away from it. The warm up matches definitely should count as part of the suspension period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭jacothelad

You're taking this a bit seriously. And it has already gone tits up for Leinster since 2009 as I'm sure you know.

Surely it was more like baps out......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Not Clancy's fault. He's seeing something the size of a thumbnail. TMO cocked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ferg is prone to moments alright. Was surprised to see good behaviour being a mitigating circumstance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Missed the run in last season through injury, this season now too, have to feel for him even if this one is entirely self inflicted. He'd no chance of the RWC so that isn't relevant imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Missed the run in last season through injury, this season now too, have to feel for him even if this one is entirely self inflicted. He'd no chance of the RWC so that isn't relevant imo.

Ferg is not a bad squad player. Can play a number of positions. Is always hard to play against because he is a constant niggle. Also a extremely good kicker.

I dont think he was going to make it but still a few injuries and he is not far off it

• Advertisement

Re the RWC squad, you'd expect Earls, Stockdale, Larmour and Conway to be definitely ahead of him.

But after that? Byrne, Sweetnam, Dave K?

Unless I'm missing someone obvious, McFadden would definitely be in the wider discussion.

Edit: to clarify, I'm talking about who Joe would pick, not who boards.ie would pick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement