Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Re the RWC squad, you'd expect Earls, Stockdale, Larmour and Conway to be definitely ahead of him.

But after that? Byrne, Sweetnam, Dave K?

Unless I'm missing someone obvious, McFadden would definitely be in the wider discussion.

Edit: to clarify, I'm talking about who Joe would pick, not who boards.ie would pick.

Boards.ie would pick James Lowe wearing a Darren Sweetnam wig, Aaron Sexton and Simon Zebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

troyzer wrote: »
    Boards.ie would pick James Lowe wearing a Darren Sweetnam wig, Aaron Sexton and Simon Zebo.

Out of all of them, you chose this for the wig.....

xxbY19M_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Feeling the awl rhino hawn poking up out of me chinos at the workstation, looking forward to the long weekend boyos, but there's only ****e on TV. I doubt leinster will win anything this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I've seen a lot of bizarre comments in here. I think that one might have just gotten into the top 5...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Re the RWC squad, you'd expect Earls, Stockdale, Larmour and Conway to be definitely ahead of him.

But after that? Byrne, Sweetnam, Dave K?

Unless I'm missing someone obvious, McFadden would definitely be in the wider discussion.

Edit: to clarify, I'm talking about who Joe would pick, not who boards.ie would pick.

Yeah, he wouldn't have gone to the RWC but we name large training squads in advance. This is the last time he ever would have been involved with Ireland and that's gone now. He might not have even made that but he definitely would have hoped to.

People might say it's irrelevant but I would imagine he's absolutely gutted to be gone from the mix for that wider training squad. Nobody to blame but himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think Mc Fadden could still be included in the wider squad. He misses the first 3 games but as he was unlikely to be used beyond maybe one appearance I don’t think this is such s big deal. He’s down the pecking order anyway but I think that as short notice to fly out and cover a position during the tournament he’s the sort of player Joe knows can deliver and could still be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I think we're in a spot of trouble if we're flying Fergus McFadden out to Japan during the RWC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

leakyboots wrote: »
    I think we're in a spot of trouble if we're flying Fergus McFadden out to Japan during the RWC

Yeah but you'd say the same about the alternatives. We just don't have many international level wingers. Even compared to 2015 we're pretty bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

leakyboots wrote: »

Yeah it would take a few injuries before he’s in the mix, I don’t think he’s any further or closer to going now than he was a week ago. I do think if we are badly stuck for a winger and need someone at short notice to just join up and do a job he’s someone Joe would have confidence in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Joe's seen more than enough of Ferg to know what he brings to the team. He doesn't need any game time between now and Japan to change any impression Joe already has of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Missed the run in last season through injury, this season now too, have to feel for him even if this one is entirely self inflicted.

d4lvv1s-380c83b5-37f5-4651-854d-ae91f31d33e4.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2UzZWJjNjhiLWFiNDktNGQ5MC04ZGZiLWNlOGU0NTkxZDk5NFwvZDRsdnYxcy0zODBjODNiNS0zN2Y1LTQ2NTEtODU0ZC1hZTkxZjMxZDMzZTQuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.WpJWzbqF6qPXlHyxWuOID85fQwzp8yII2bhyZ3iqlqU

I heard Ferg took the news pretty badly alright

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Before anyone asks, details of public sales (if there is one) for the semi v Munster will be out on Tuesday.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leinster-rugby-munster-guinness-pro14-semi-final/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Before anyone asks, details of public sales (if there is one) for the semi v Munster will be out on Tuesday.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leinster-rugby-munster-guinness-pro14-semi-final/

When will Munster return all the tickets?

If Munster play like they did today we'll win at a canter with the seconds. They won't though, and if they play equal to the quality of their squad then we'll have our hands full.

Big few weeks of rugby.

If Munster play like they did today we'll win at a canter with the seconds. They won't though, and if they play equal to the quality of their squad then we'll have our hands full.

Big few weeks of rugby.

They can defend but they can't score.

If Treviso had to play some clever rugby they would have won easily, silly offloads when they broke the line killed at least 2 tries.

Lesinter just need to play rugby, not lose th ehead like Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hey guys.
    Seen some outlandish prices for the pro14 semi, can any ST holders here confirm them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    Seen some outlandish prices for the pro14 semi, can any ST holders here confirm them?

Terrace ticket was around 25 quid. I don't consider that outlandish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Terrace ticket was around 25 quid. I don't consider that outlandish.

People on twitter saying 60 for north and south,
    Assuming that’s BS?

Assuming that’s BS?

No. They were something like €28.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Assuming that’s BS?

My ticket in the Grandstand (around between the 22 and 10m) was 49.50.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Assuming that’s BS?

My south stand ticket was ~33 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

My North stand ticket was 27 + 3.25 service charge so 30.25

awec wrote: »
    My south stand ticket was ~33 or something

Did you have to pay an Ulster fan penalty?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

ST holders had a 10% discount (those prices quoted above will include that).

Reckon Munster fans and their supporters based up here will Hoover up their allocation, not sure many (if any) will make public sale.

Before the 'should be moved to the Aviva' brigade start shouting, no it absolutely should not have. Its knockout rugby with our arch rival - nothing to do with 'growing the game's by giving away our home advantage.

Before the 'should be moved to the Aviva' brigade start shouting, no it absolutely should not have. Its knockout rugby with our arch rival - nothing to do with 'growing the game's by giving away our home advantage.

Or by having a half empty Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

There's a 'should be moved to the Aviva' brigade?

Where have they been hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Reckon Munster fans and their supporters based up here will Hoover up their allocation, not sure many (if any) will make public sale.

Given today’s attendance I’d say they’d struggle to get 35k into the Aviva, realistically probably struggle to get 30K.

Pretty simple really. Munster returned 1,000 of 4,750 tickets from last year.

Should be the end of the 'move it anywhere else' conversation.

You not hear, it is communion season in Munster....

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You not hear, it is communion season in Munster....

Don't expect a good crowd for a match on the 18th May.

For.....reasons.....

There's always a reason sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement