Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

troyzer wrote: »
    Don't expect a good crowd for a match on the 18th May.

For.....reasons.....

There's always a reason sure.

It’s my birthday everyone will be at the party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Don't expect a good crowd for a match on the 18th May.

For.....reasons.....

There's always a reason sure.

Strong winds expected that weekend, not safe to drive

Munster will sell tickets as supporters based in Dublin will source from at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Pretty simple really. Munster returned 1,000 of 4,750 tickets from last year.

Should be the end of the 'move it anywhere else' conversation.

A lot of Munster fans last year bought from the Leinster early Ticketmaster allocation.
    MRSC had a one per person lottery, so a lot Didn't bother with it that way.

It shouldn’t be moved to the Aviva a all, but there was a huge amount of Munster fans in the RDS last year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Some quotes from SOB from today's Sunday Times (behind a paywall).

They suggest SOB would have stayed here for a quarter of what he is getting at London Irish. To be fair he says he understands the business decision of the IRFU (remember how many games he has played of late).

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/sean-obrien-would-have-stayed-at-leinster-for-just-112k-a-year

Some quotes from SOB from today's Sunday Times (behind a paywall).

They suggest SOB would have stayed here for a quarter of what he is getting at London Irish. To be fair he says he understands the business decision of the IRFU (remember how many games he has played of late).

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/sean-obrien-would-have-stayed-at-leinster-for-just-112k-a-year

If SOB stayed then Leinster would need to let a Leavy/Vdf/Penney go

It’s not just money but a young player would look to move if they know SOB is staying, if he is fit he gets the big games

It’s hard but at the end of day SOB was great for Leinster and will be missed but from a long term point of view it’s better to keep a younger player in squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If SOB stayed then Leinster would need to let a Leavy/Vdf/Penney go

It’s not just money but a young player would look to move if they know SOB is staying, if he is fit he gets the big games

It’s hard but at the end of day SOB was great for Leinster and will be missed but from a long term point of view it’s better to keep a younger player in squad

Nope, think that day is past. He's there because the other 2 are injured. He failed to make a matchday squad earlier in the season for Europe I'm fairly sure.

Nope, think that day is past. He's there because the other 2 are injured. He failed to make a matchday squad earlier in the season for Europe I'm fairly sure.

When? He was out with injury, came back and broke arm for Ireland. Came back and was straight into 6 nations squad

He has played all the big matches since then, now I know we have injuries but I still think he would have started, maybe not played as many minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

VdF was at the media event for the Pro 14 finals. He says he hopes to return to training this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Clegg wrote: »
    VdF was at the media event for the Pro 14 finals. He says he hopes to return to training this week.

Really? Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Getting 503 errors right now. This was originally a double post but will keep it up for the new page.

• Advertisement

When? He was out with injury, came back and broke arm for Ireland. Came back and was straight into 6 nations squad

He has played all the big matches since then, now I know we have injuries but I still think he would have started, maybe not played as many minutes

Over the 6N he benched against England, started against Scotland & Italy, and then was ditched against France, didn't make the 23 at all. That was the game VdF got injured in. Leavy was injured for the entire thing. He didn't play well in a single one of those games.

We're perfectly on track to need a new thread in or around the final.

Early thread title:

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI: [*****]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Really? Jesus.

Quite Jesus like ironically! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If VdF returns early from injury again, do we start to accept that he has super human abilities?

He returned from an ACL surgery two months ahead of schedule, and will now be looking to return from the groin surgery a month and a bit ahead of timeline (was told 12 weeks towards the end of March).

If VdF returns early from injury again, do we start to accept that he has super human abilities?

He returned from an ACL surgery two months ahead of schedule, and will now be looking to return from the groin surgery a month and a bit ahead of timeline (was told 12 weeks towards the end of March).

He probably wears that scrumcap in bed. It's the source of his chi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Leinster is lucky that way. Their players have long had a penchant for being able to return from injury well ahead of the normal medical standard timescales.

Leinster is lucky that way. Their players have long had a penchant for being able to return from injury well ahead of the normal medical standard timescales.

Credit where credit due, the medical staff seem to be top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Credit where credit due, the medical staff seem to be top notch

I doubt the medical staff have a big role in a miraculous recovery. VDF is just good at healing fast.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I doubt the medical staff have a big role in a miraculous recovery. VDF is just good at healing fast.

We could move to the Christianity forum and discuss VDF

Full deck pretty much. Shame about Daly but I doubt he would have seen anymore gametime anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Leinster optimistic over Cronins fitness for Saturday. Fairly crucial that he's fit for it I think.

Ruddock should be available for selection too too which is a bonus.

JGP back training this Thursday so unlikely to play. Lowe looks free to play so without question if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In the RTÉ news coverage of the Lancaster briefing today, they suggested that Leinster go in to the final as underdogs despite being holders etc.

I don't think that for a second, does anyone agree with them and why?

In the RTÉ news coverage of the Lancaster briefing today, they suggested that Leinster go in to the final as underdogs despite being holders etc.

Larbre34 wrote: »

I agree. Saracens are in richer form at the moment. Having said that, Leinster showed a lot of vintage against Toulouse. Hopefully they step it up.

Larbre34 wrote: »

Doesn't really matter what happened in the final last year. If Leinster are underdogs it is by a tiny margin though, bookies have Leinster at +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Either that or access to the higher class of medical healing agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Thought it was fairly well known but leinster in particular are actually world leaders in sports science, particularly injury prevention and recovery. The players are monitored constantly to such a level that when something does happen in theory leinster know exactly what happened, where a player is and where they should be meaning their recovery is really efficient.

I've done a really bad job explaining it there but it is a really interesting thing to read up on.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Thought it was fairly well known but leinster in particular are actually world leaders in sports science, particularly injury prevention and recovery. The players are monitored constantly to such a level that when something does happen in theory leinster know exactly what happened, where a player is and where they should be meaning their recovery is really efficient.

I've done a really bad job explaining it there but it is a really interesting thing to read up on.

There were one of the first teams in Ireland, in any sport, to pioneer telemetry. That I do know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

There were one of the first teams in Ireland, in any sport, to pioneer telemetry. That I do know.

Is that how James Lowe gets to a scrum to pat people’s backs so quickly?

• Advertisement

To close to call then really.

I'd say Leinster have the edge in conditioning and durability and assuming we are our usual canny selves playing the ref (and especially screaming about the offsides) we should go well. We'll certainly have the majority of the crowd and hopefully the rugby will win over the neutrals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement