Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Leinster Rugby ‘A’ team for facing Ulster Rugby ‘A’ in the first round of the new Celtic Cup at Malone RFC on Friday evening (KO 5pm).

15. Hugo Keenan
    14. Michael Silvester
    13. Conor O’Brien
    12. Tom Daly CAPTAIN
    11. Jack Kelly
    10. Harry Byrne
    9. Paddy Patterson
    1. Ed Byrne
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Vakh Abdaladze
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Jack Dunne
    6. Oisín Dowling
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Caelan Doris

16. Dan Sheehan
    17. Giuseppe Coyne
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Ronan Foley
    20. Ronan Watters
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan
    22. David Hawkshaw
    23. Liam Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Leinster Rugby ‘A’ team for facing Ulster Rugby ‘A’ in the first round of the new Celtic Cup at Malone RFC on Friday evening (KO 5pm).

15. Hugo Keenan
    14. Michael Silvester
    13. Conor O’Brien
    12. Tom Daly CAPTAIN
    11. Jack Kelly
    10. Harry Byrne
    9. Paddy Patterson
    1. Ed Byrne
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Vakh Abdaladze
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Jack Dunne
    6. Oisín Dowling
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Caelan Doris

16. Dan Sheehan
    17. Giuseppe Coyne
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Ronan Foley
    20. Ronan Watters
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan
    22. David Hawkshaw
    23. Liam Turner

Back and second row subs are interesting considering there's academy players in those positions not selected I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Ross Molony will find himself very disappointed to be in the A side. He was very abrasive last week against Cardiff and I thought played very well.

I think he's been put in as a pack leader as opposed to being dropped from the seniors.

Byrne at LH means that Jack McGrath is back (although Healy was shown in training pics)

O'Sullivan in that squad also means we wont see Lowe this week as JGP is definitely in the squad.

Unless they rest Fardy and put out Toner and Kearney with Nagle on the bench - which I think is a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Stainalert

D14Rugby wrote: »

15. Hugo Keenan
    14. Michael Silvester
    13. Conor O’Brien
    12. Tom Daly CAPTAIN
    11. Jack Kelly
    10. Harry Byrne
    9. Paddy Patterson
    1. Ed Byrne
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Vakh Abdaladze
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Jack Dunne
    6. Oisín Dowling
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Caelan Doris

16. Dan Sheehan
    17. Giuseppe Coyne
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Ronan Foley
    20. Ronan Watters
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan
    22. David Hawkshaw
    23. Liam Turner

Back and second row subs are interesting considering there's academy players in those positions not selected I think
    Has Giuseppe Coyne played any senior rugby for Trinity? Surprised Ryan Baird doesn't at least make the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stainalert wrote: »
    Has Giuseppe Coyne played any senior rugby for Trinity? Surprised Ryan Baird doesn't at least make the bench.

Great name. Forza Giuseppe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

15. Hugo Keenan
    14. Michael Silvester
    13. Conor O’Brien
    12. Tom Daly CAPTAIN
    11. Jack Kelly
    10. Harry Byrne
    9. Paddy Patterson
    1. Ed Byrne
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Vakh Abdaladze
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Jack Dunne
    6. Oisín Dowling
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Caelan Doris

16. Dan Sheehan
    17. Giuseppe Coyne
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Ronan Foley
    20. Ronan Watters
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan
    22. David Hawkshaw
    23. Liam Turner

Any way of catching it live online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Dowling at 6? Has he ever played there before?
    Big opportunity for the academy lads to show something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Stainalert wrote: »

Don't think so, might have benched for ail but was injured most of last year then played 20s so unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Steff Evans has been dropped to the Scarlets A side. Won't be part of the squad for the Leinster game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Paddy Patterson - it's like some stereotype from a joke in the 70s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Clegg wrote: »
    Steff Evans has been dropped to the Scarlets A side. Won't be part of the squad for the Leinster game.

Disciplinary?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Disciplinary?

Wales Online suggests its form related.
    Wales wing Steff Evans has been dropped to the Scarlets’ A side in the wake of last weekend’s disappointing defeat Guinness PRO14 defeat to Ulster.

Evans wasn’t at his best in the 15-13 defeat at the Kingspan, but Wayne Pivac’s decision to jettison the 24-year-old from his match-day squad is still a major surprise.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/shock-wales-wing-axed-wayne-15118962

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That’s the best rugby team that’ll play up in Ulster this side of christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Clegg wrote: »

To be fair, loads of Leinster players have their roots in other provinces. We absolutely benefit from migration towards the Dublin area and Carbery is no different.

That's not taking anything away from the absolutely world class grass roots and academy setup Leinster rugby has created. Leinster is probably one of the top rugby international producing hot beds in the world outside New Zealand, but the other provinces have certainly suffered a little bit for Leinster's gain.
    Its strange though given that Kildare doesn't even border another province, it is one of the most quintessential Leinster counties, if that's possible. Its like saying Tyrone is not a million miles from Leinster.

Its strange though given that Kildare doesn't even border another province, it is one of the most quintessential Leinster counties, if that's possible. Its like saying Tyrone is not a million miles from Leinster.

I think you're missing the point. Kildare is the countryside and outside of the pale Dublin. Everywhere outside of Dublin is the same to us Dubs. So saying he is from Athy and it isn't a million miles away from the makeup of turnipstan isn't beyond the realms of imagination to most of us who support Leinster - that is the Dubs who aren't blow-ins from bogland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Heymans wrote: »
    Any way of catching it live online?
    No. A games arent streamed by provinces in general so unless fans do something on periscope then no

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I think you're missing the point. Kildare is the countryside and outside of the pale Dublin. Everywhere outside of Dublin is the same to us Dubs. So saying he is from Athy and it isn't a million miles away from the makeup of turnipstan isn't beyond the realms of imagination to most of us who support Leinster - that is the Dubs who aren't blow-ins from bogland.

Ehm Kildare or at least parts of it were in the Pale.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Ehm Kildare or at least parts of it were in the Pale.

Does the majority of the county have fields with sheep and cows in it?

Does it smell like manure when you drive through it?

Well then it's the same as Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You don’t get out of the city much do you?:pac:

True, to be honest I barely skimmed the article but my original point stands. Carbery is an interesting one given both his parents I think are actually from Athy so whilst he spent many years in New Zealand he's fully second generation Leinster.

Sexton might have perhaps been a better example for the article!

Interesting that Carbery is on the bench again this week, Glasgow are in Munster's conference so this would be a valuable away win for them. I would have said that the starting 15 are viewed as the best 15 available for selection right now, but then he's joined on the bench by Beirne so who knows.

Going to get the kids to bed a bit early tonight as we've a stacked day tomorrow. Will also allow me to split screen the two games this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Similar to North South & West County Dublin & every other Leinster County you muppet

No. A games arent streamed by provinces in general so unless fans do something on periscope then no

Anyone out there going to the game can give us a report?

Very interested to see how some of the players get on not least the 2 subs Turner and Hawkshaw.

Also Abdeladze - he was passed out last year by Porter but I think he's a serious option to the firsts going forward if he gets a chance to show what he can do.

Be interested to see how Kelleher goes at Hooker. We will be needing to bring through players in that position over the coming seasons so hope he can throw and do a bit around the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Anyone out there going to the game can give us a report?

Very interested to see how some of the players get on not least the 2 subs Turner and Hawkshaw.

Also Abdeladze - he was passed out last year by Porter but I think he's a serious option to the firsts going forward if he gets a chance to show what he can do.

Be interested to see how Kelleher goes at Hooker. We will be needing to bring through players in that position over the coming seasons so hope he can throw and do a bit around the pitch.

6 DUFC players-Kelly/Sylvestre/Dunne starting and Sheehan/Turner/Coyne on bench

I'm not so sure, I watched him in one of the pre season games and he looked a bit lost, not sure he knew what the Vakh he was doing to be honest :pac:

He was grand actually, looks a good prospect!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

you do know 99.9 % of Leinster is not D4?

I'm sure furlong and Sean O'Brien would love your comment

I'm not so sure, I watched him in one of the pre season games and he looked a bit lost, not sure he knew what the Vakh he was doing to be honest :pac:

He was grand actually, looks a good prospect!

That performance didn't happen in a Vakh-uum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

And the Kearneys, Peter Dooley, Adam Byrne, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

And the Kearneys, Peter Dooley, Adam Byrne, etc etc
    true didn't want to list all the players I picked those two because they are from an agricultural background . but yep you are spot on

It's actually 99.4%

• Advertisement

That performance didn't happen in a Vakh-uum.

Yeah I missed the last 10 minutes because I had to evakhuate early with the kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement