Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Buer wrote: »
    No harm in Tomane getting a break this week and letting him know that last week wasn't acceptable. There are a number of players who are fighting for game time and he'll need to play to his potential if he wants to start.
    He's on the bench.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That's been known for a good while now. He's taking some sort of case against Leicester. Or he was, the last time I looked.

Aye, I knew it looked like he was done, but there's been no official statement on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

dregin wrote: »
    Aye, I knew it looked like he was done, but there's been no official statement on the matter.

I heard the radio ad too. Should be an interesting read tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The front row and back row look very good. But I'm concerned about the second row. No qualms with Toner starting obviously but Nagle is just too soft to cut it at a high level. Last season we worked out how to beat Scarlets. It was a simple one of keeping possession and blowing away their players at the breakdown. Fardy and Ryan were exceptional in those games. Nagle just doesn't have that same muscle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Clegg wrote: »
    Tomorrow's Independent is running an exclusive interview. I was listening to an ad for it and the voice over mentioned his career being cut short due to concussion issues.

It's the Irish Times.

It's pretty scary stuff. Persistent migraines and getting knocked out by minimal contact, both of which we've heard plenty of times before.

I'd say we as fans are only getting the tip of the iceberg in terms of concussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

It's the Irish Times.

It's pretty scary stuff. Persistent migraines and getting knocked out by minimal contact, both of which we've heard plenty of times before.

I'd say we as fans are only getting the tip of the iceberg in terms of concussion.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/former-ireland-and-leinster-flanker-dominic-ryan-forced-to-retire-aged-28-37295367.html

Confirmed

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's the Irish Times.

Persistent migraines can really have a big impact on your life. My missus gets them and some days she’s just unable to do anything.

Hope they clear up for him, but they’re so poorly understood and there’s no definitive cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Very sad to see Dominic retiring. Since underage level I always thought he would go on to be a beast for Ireland. Concussion is no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Run it through google translate and you can get around the paywall. Works for most news sites.

https://goo.gl/xBZ1Dj for example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Anyone know if tonight’s game is on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,049 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I can't remember which segment it was, but one of the Off the Ball rugby bits during the week let the cat out of the bag on this, I think it was Quinlan or Keith Wood. It was mentioned very matter of factly but I did a double take. Sorry to hear its confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

No ref mic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

Yellow card 5 mins gone for Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Very silly 5 mins in.

Parkes is by no means the quickest but he often glides through untouched.

That's never a high tackle.

Great defence and tackle by Ross Byrne to stop a try

Possible high from Ross Byrne but great physical tackle, wasn't someone saying he wasn't physical enough last week..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That's an incredible stop by Byrne.

• Advertisement

Never high, hint of a swinging arm maybe, but he hit his bicep. No issues.

That's actually excellent from Byrne but we're riding our luck here.

That try was coming, they done well to keep them out as long as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

He dropped that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Lost control

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's bullsh1t.

On the replay that didn’t look like a try at all, lost forward and not grounded

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Did the ref really see that grounded? By the time he got round surely Owens had lost it.

After Scarlets just giving away a pen at the lineout I think we should've went to the line again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I would almost give them a try just to get out of that fupping corner we are stuck in for an absolute age. Having said that, not sure that was a try at all....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement