Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Confused by the questions there wrt time - unless they actually wanted to kick it dead (i.e. tap and kick) then the time is no longer relevant?

I'm almost certain Scarlets 17 went to injure Healy there. Got hands around his knee and drove at his thigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Thank Christ Conan didn't have a go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Deserved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Good try. And Gareth Davies slid in with his knees to Lowe's exposed ribs.

Scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That knee slide needs to be punished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

Yes get over Lowe! Dirt from the Scarlets 9 sliding in with the knees

Sneaky from Gareth Davies. No way he had to go in like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I hate that knee slide that people do when somebody is scoring in the corner. Happened Ferg against Scarlets last year as well. Dirty.

I'm almost certain Scarlets 17 went to injure Healy there. Got hands around his knee and drove at his thigh.
    Think I saw that too, looked like he could have let it go but trued to twist it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Clear as day knee slide into James Lowe there. It's essentially leading with your knees with no attempt to tackle.

Should be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Welsh are experts at the knee to the ribs on defenseless players

Nice comments from Warburton on Lancaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Not the first time Davis has kneed someone while they scored. Thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Some kick!

We are very good at frustrating Welsh teams.

Buer wrote: »
    Those are the kicks that Byrne has to be nailing but I've no confidence in him to do it. They should be 75/25 but I find them far closer to 50/50.
    Two decent one's since, def should have got the first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Gareth Davies does a Liam Williams. Not pretty.

Ross Byrne is a question mark wrapped in a riddle. There's definitely a pressure issue with him. Can nail the hardest kicks but struggles with those that have a certain level of expectation.

Nice comments from Warburton on Lancaster.
    Watching on eir, what's he saying?

This could be a long day for Scarlets, they've used a good deal of their bench already. That fatigue is going to open gaps later for the likes of Larmour and Lowe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Buer wrote: »
    Ross Byrne is a question mark wrapped in a riddle. There's definitely a pressure issue with him. Can nail the hardest kicks but struggles with those that have a certain level of expectation.

Been really g0od tonight by and large. Serious defence and decent under the odd high ball that has come his way. Just needs some consistency in kicking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Lowe is hard to stop close to the line. Scarlett's might think that was just a bit too easy - loose forwards needed to anticipate that and allow the wing to slide.

Ruddock pick of the forwards, Lowe the backs - has looked good with the little ball he has had.

Scarlett's are surprisingly quite route one on attack - I really really don't rate Fonatia, was delighted when he quit the Crusaders.

I hate that knee slide that people do when somebody is scoring in the corner. Happened Ferg against Scarlets last year as well. Dirty.

Richard Hibbard did it to a Benetton player last week and it was a disgrace. I'll try and quickly gif it just as it's worth a look. Player was in agony for a while afterwards.

Edit: Here it is

Oa3hzW2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

It should be a pen on the half way line after the conversation. I just can't understand how it is never looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Great to see Warburton calling Davies out there, saying he knew what he was doing.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Lowe is hard to stop close to the line. Scarlett's might think that was just a bit too easy - loose forwards needed to anticipate that and allow the wing to slide.

Ruddock pick of the forwards, Lowe the backs - has looked good with the little ball he has had.

Scarlett's are surprisingly quite route one on attack - I really really don't rate Fonatia, was delighted when he quit the Crusaders.

Fonotia did nothing at Ospreys. Perhaps Scarlets were left in a bind when Scott Williams left.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What channel are ye watching it on for Warburton?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Clear as day knee slide into James Lowe there. It's essentially leading with your knees with no attempt to tackle.

Should be punished.

Hate it so much. Would be a penalty and a yellow anywhere else on the pitch. Zebo caught Adeolokun in a similar manner in 2016 drives me mad every time I’ve seen it since then.

mangobob wrote: »
    Great to see Warburton calling Davies out there, saying he knew what he was doing.

Davies did a really unpleasant number on Luke McGrath in the pro-14 final just before Conan's try, he strikes me as a bit of a scummy player but I don't see enough of him to say that with any certainty.

• Advertisement

Luke's shirt selection is developing nicely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement