Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

****ing scandalous decision. No other words for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Was very quick giving that penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

No way that was a penalty against Leinster anyway. Very poor decision

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That was great by halfpenny to be fair, Tomane totally ineffectual at that ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

He pings Porter and then let’s Scarlets away with it. A joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Good decision by ref.
    Bad decision by Byrner to go wide.
    Straight up the middle, drop was on.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,585 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A single hand reaching out onto the ball is not significant to warrant a penalty..... Silly call

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Would have taken a LBP beforehand but that's bitter. We lost becsuse we were dumb. Even at the end why the hell were we going wide? Byrne should never have directed us out there. Don't think he fancied the drop goal at that point but needed to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Having said that it was a self inflicted loss.

Byrne blew some easily lockable penalties and we never should've went wide at the end. We're making yards for fun up the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

awec wrote: »
    That was great by halfpenny to be fair, Tomane totally ineffectual at that ruck.

Are you a wind up account? Between that photo and that nonsense comment you’d have to wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Missed peanlties are a sickner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Was I hearing things or did the TMO say something to the ref at the end?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    A single hand reaching out onto the ball is not significant to warrant a penalty..... Silly call
    Nah. Hand on it. Ref was always gonna give it. Support and clear out was lacking but decision to go wide was stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Are you a wind up account? Between that photo and that nonsense comment you’d have to wonder.
    Thats brave :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That sums up his performance for me. Absolute ****e and I always try to give the ref some sympathy.

Don't get me wrong, Leinster were very poor in the second half and contributed to their own downfall but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Ref was fast on the draw for that. But we only have ourselves to blame for that. We were crap for long periods. But I will take a lbp.

Buer wrote: »
    Nah. Hand on it. Ref was always gonna give it. Support and clear out was lacking but decision to go wide was stupid.
    Spot on.

Halfpenny got hands on it, Tomane just sat there like he wanted to sniff Halfpennys armpit or something. The angle Halfpenny was at should have seen him easily knocked off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Can't blame the ref for that last call. Tomane needed to blow Halfpenny out of it.

We played well in the first half and the final ten minutes of the second. 30 minutes of pure crap in the second half cost us the game. But for an early season game against one of the best sides in Europe I think we went ok. Lots to improve on but some encouraging individual performances too. Ruddock has laid down an early season marker to all backrows playing in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Would have taken the LBP before the game, so can’t be unhappy, but at the same time the game was there for the taking and we let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,585 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just had a quick relook at the last penalty... And fair enough 1/2p had two hands on.. Barely...

However, he was second man in, as luke Mcgrath cleaned the first man out.

Still a bad call

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

DonVito wrote: »
    Can't blame the ref for that last call. Tomane needed to blow Halfpenny out of it.

As always, in isolation it may be the right call. It's the utter inconsistency from minute to minute that is enraging.

Anyway, Leinster fairly muck tonight all in. Ruddock immense, Dev his usual busy self and Healy had a monster at the breakdown and rucks. Likes of Nagle and JGP really need to up their game though. Don't think Nagle has it in him but JPG is better than that. Bench was ineffectual.

Referee poor for both sides but vociferous home support told and so it should. First try was the most irritating but we played stupidly after the break.

A lot of poor play but many positives. Ruddock and Healy were excellent. Cronin looked very good and Furlong was good. Nagle had a very good first half and a mediocre second half. Kearney put in a very physical shift off the bench again.

JPG and Byrne mixed good with bad. Unfortunately Byrne's bad is the difference between a win and loss. Straightforward missed kicks but nailed two touchline conversions in fairness. Bad decision at the end. Simply think he didn't fancy taking the drop on.

Midfield gave us very little. Failed to spark and some errors. Lowe is Lowe. Electric and some silly decisions. McFadden was solid. Great finish. Larmour looks like he had been in the gym. Hope it's not to the detriment of his agility but he had a good game anyway.

Bench was not great. Not sure anyone who came on improved proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It's not the end of the world, we have the likes of Murphy and Carbery still to come... back.... oh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

DonVito wrote: »

You can. No matter how ****e Tomane was or how bad a decision it was to go wide its only a penalty if its penalty.

Player on the ground released and the players on their feet fought for the ball. Tell me how the defending team gets the decision for that?

Anyway, I wouldn't be too annoyed, most teams this season will come away from the Scarlets with nothing at all.

A win would have been nice but a LBP is a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

corny wrote: »
    You can. No matter how ****e Tomane was or how bad a decision it was to go wide its only a penalty if its penalty.

Player on the ground released and the players on their feet fought for the ball. Tell me how the defending team gets the decision for that?

Well from my view, O'Loughlin kept the ball shielded first with his leg and then pushed the ball back onto his side. That's not releasing. Anyway, the fact that there's debate on here means it wasn't a clear and obvious picture. That's what I mean when I say you can't blame the ref. It's up to the players to prevent a picture that opens up that decision in the mind of the referee. Tomane had an opportunity to clean Halfpenny out of it. That's what the coaching staff and the players will be looking at on Monday. That's what they'll be working on in training. Not putting it down to poor refereeing.

awec wrote: »
    Anyway, I wouldn't be too annoyed, most teams this season will come away from the Scarlets with nothing at all.

A win would have been nice but a LBP is a good result.
    6 points from these two games? Yup, more than happy. Saw enough to think our form hasn't fallen off a cliff either.

Saw some good moments from Tomane tonight in carrying but he's comfortably my biggest concern now. I've posted about how the influence of Nacewa and Strauss need to be replaced desperately. Tomane needs to show more and fast.

Disappointed in Henshaw tonight. By far our senior back on the field but showed very little.

A confidence builder at home to the Dragons beckons. Here's Jonny.

Buer wrote: »
    6 points from these two games? Yup, more than happy. Saw enough to think our form hasn't fallen off a cliff either.

Saw some good moments from Tomane tonight in carrying but he's comfortably my biggest concern now. I've posted about how the influence of Nacewa and Strauss need to be replaced desperately. Tomane needs to show more and fast.

Disappointed in Henshaw tonight. By far our senior back on the field but showed very little.

A confidence builder at home to the Dragons beckons. Here's Jonny.
    You'll put 50 on the Dragons. It'll be a non-event.

Sexton playing next week would be bizarre. Playing him in a dead rubber rather than a game where Leinster could actually benefit from his presence just doesn't make sense to me, it's cases like these where I think more common sense needs applied to the welfare rules.

• Advertisement

Healy was a monster all game. Was melting rucks near the end too. Max Deegan made a positive contribution too. He runs lovely support lines and makes metres in contact from that. Similar to Jordi actually.

Nagle just isn't good enough however. He doesn't have the physicality to play top level rugby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement