Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

More like what are Rob Kearney's plans after the WC. He can come back and wear 15.
    Byrne, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, Carbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Neil3030 wrote: »
    For Leisnter

Yeah.

I knew that.

I really, really didn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Yellow card for Scarlets's no.15 Morgan Williams #celticcup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Leinster A gaining an extra 3 points on the board taking the lead at the start of the second half.

3-13

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Fabulous win for Connacht against Scarlets. Now gives us an opportunity to pull a big away from them points wise. Need a good performance tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Luke's coat is playing havoc with the camera :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

SOB is warming up with the 23. Very good sign for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Luke Fitz, coming over here taking our jobs.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Is this on the radio anywhere?

James Ryan's face is covered in someone else's blood and he's wearing it like war paint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

troyzer wrote: »
    SOB is warming up with the 23. Very good sign for next week.

Yeah he was waterboy tonight, that’s usually a sign he’ll play next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Thought that was a fine performance last night. I'd say the coaches will be pretty pleased with how the team handled those long periods where Embra were camped on the Leinster line, really good discipline in general and managed to get out without conceding after one long spell in the first half. Some of the attack was pretty lethal as well.

Thought that was a fine performance last night. I'd say the coaches will be pretty pleased with how the team handled those long periods where Embra were camped on the Leinster line, really good discipline in general and managed to get out without conceding after one long spell in the first half. Some of the attack was pretty lethal as well.

Given the way the Edinburgh packed showed up it could easily have descended into a tight forwards driven game. Even though all the scores came through the backs it was the workrate and physicality of the pack that was still absolutely key.

Terrific match and great season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

James Ryan's face is covered in someone else's blood and he's wearing it like war paint.

Really hope he's OK - that said, I was delighted with the way Mick Kearney played - best I've seen from him in blue.

vienne86 wrote: »

Really hope he's OK - that said, I was delighted with the way Mick Kearney played - best I've seen from him in blue.

He looked really bad. Could barely stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Good performance again last night, defense was excellent especially defending the line for so long on a few occasions, hard to stay disciplined in those situations.
    Very early to be talking like this but getting the bonus points as much as possible is a massive deal, last year I really thought we had a boost with the week off when the play offs were on, topping the group is a massive deal now for going on to win trophies

salmocab wrote: »
    Good performance again last night, defense was excellent especially defending the line for so long on a few occasions, hard to stay disciplined in those situations.
    Very early to be talking like this but getting the bonus points as much as possible is a massive deal, last year I really thought we had a boost with the week off when the play offs were on, topping the group is a massive deal now for going on to win trophies

More than just the bonus point. Have you seen the size of the point difference gap?

VdF, Leavy, SOB.

We are spoiled rotten. Each of them are there-thereabouts in MoTM chat in any game they play.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're missing Leavy and Ryan for a few weeks. Leavy's jaw took a very solid hit and Ryan to me took two big knocks in that game and I'm not sure if he wasn't dazed after the first one but was well shook after the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ryan confirmed as concussed so I suppose he'll miss Connacht even if he passes protocols. Leavy needs game time so hopefully he's ok.

I thought McGrath looked a bit rusty so would like to see him play again next week. Maybe throw Hugh O'Sullivan on the bench to allow Lowe another run.

• Advertisement

Ryan confirmed as concussed so I suppose he'll miss Connacht even if he passes protocols. Leavy needs game time so hopefully he's ok.

I thought McGrath looked a bit rusty so would like to see him play again next week. Maybe throw Hugh O'Sullivan on the bench to allow Lowe another run.

Where's that from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hopefully Ryan will be ok, he was going to be rested against Connacht in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Doubt we’ll see too many first team players next week, though we may see a backrow of SOB, Deegan & Leavy.

Byrne
    Tracey
    Porter
    Moloney
    Kearney
    Leavy
    SOB
    Deegan
    McGrath
    Byrne
    D Kearney
    Tomane
    ROL
    A Byrne
    Larmour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

stephen_n wrote: »
    Doubt we’ll see too many first team players next week, though we may see a backrow of SOB, Deegan & Leavy.

Byrne
    Tracey
    Porter
    Moloney
    Kearney
    Leavy
    SOB
    Deegan
    McGrath
    Byrne
    D Kearney
    Tomane
    ROL
    A Byrne
    Larmour
    Leavy will be a nuisance, but otherwise it's winnable for Connacht if it's this team.
    Massive game in our pov, we won't catch more wins anytime soon after this home game

connachta wrote: »
    stephen_n wrote: »

Byrne
    Tracey
    Porter
    Moloney
    Kearney
    Leavy
    SOB
    Deegan
    McGrath
    Byrne
    D Kearney
    Tomane
    ROL
    A Byrne
    Larmour
    Leavy will be a nuisance, but otherwise it's winnable for Connacht if it's this team.
    Massive game in our pov, we won't catch more wins anytime soon after this home game

I can't wait. It'll be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Would love to see bundee and Tom Farrell up against henshaw and ringrose. Would be a great chance to see where Farrell really is. Unfortunately It’s highly unlikely to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Would love to see bundee and Tom Farrell up against henshaw and ringrose. Would be a great chance to see where Farrell really is. Unfortunately It’s highly unlikely to happen
    It's fortunate, we have to take 4 or 5  out of this one, not test our player vs Irish stars....Our schedule is awful until November..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

A good disciplined approach from Leinster last night. Superb in defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Toner was just brilliant last night. Savage work rate and must have had glue on his hands....the restarts were superb as was his pick up after the charge down and the reverse pass on the loop for Lowe's try. The bloke is getting better with age. He'll never be regarded as top class or selected for the Lions due to his lack of dynamism but his effectiveness on the pitch is hard to beat.

VDF was as good. His energy was ridiculous. The line speed over and over was phenomenal and his ruck work was brilliant. His clear out technique is superb; he never risks a neck roll and has a fantastic way of levering a man off the ball which belies his relatively small physical status compared to other forwards.

Hopefully the two concussions are minor and both Ryan and Leavy are back soon. They'll be needed s the games come thick and fast very soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement