Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Buer wrote: »
    Toner was just brilliant last night. Savage work rate and must have had glue on his hands....the restarts were superb as was his pick up after the charge down and the reverse pass on the loop for Lowe's try. The bloke is getting better with age. He'll never be regarded as top class or selected for the Lions due to his lack of dynamism but his effectiveness on the pitch is hard to beat.

VDF was as good. His energy was ridiculous. The line speed over and over was phenomenal and his ruck work was brilliant. His clear out technique is superb; he never risks a neck roll and has a fantastic way of levering a man off the ball which belies his relatively small physical status compared to other forwards.

Hopefully the two concussions are minor and both Ryan and Leavy are back soon. They'll be needed s the games come thick and fast very soon.

I maintain that VDF is better than Leavy, which says more about the level VDF is at rather than a knock at Leavy. He’s simply superb and even at the end of matches he looks like he could go for another 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Faugheen wrote: »
    I maintain that VDF is better than Leavy, which says more about the level VDF is at rather than a knock at Leavy. He’s simply superb and even at the end of matches he looks like he could go for another 80.

Very different players though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Does anyone know what's happened to that ak guy who used to post here occasionally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

For a player who was out for so long, VDF's work rate was incredible last night. He was absolutely monstering guys in defence.

Is he better than Leavy? I think he's a better 7 than Leavy, but maybe doesn't have the sort of dynamism that Leavy has in open play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think we'll see Ruddock next week. Fardy too! Maybe a team like this.
    Dooley
    Byrne
    Porter
    Molony
    Fardy
    Ruddock
    S.O.B
    Deegan
    Jgp
    Byrne
    Daly
    Tomane
    R.O.L
    A.Byrne
    Dk

Byrne
    Treacy
    Bent
    Kearney
    Murphy
    Luke
    Reid
    Larmour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

stephen_n wrote: »
    Doubt we’ll see too many first team players next week, though we may see a backrow of SOB, Deegan & Leavy.

Byrne
    Tracey
    Porter
    Moloney
    Kearney
    Leavy
    SOB
    Deegan
    McGrath
    Byrne
    D Kearney
    Tomane
    ROL
    A Byrne
    Larmour

As long as VDF doesn't play ill be happy. I have recurring nightmares of a red scrum cap

b.gud wrote: »
    As long as VDF doesn't play ill be happy. I have recurring nightmares of a red scrum cap

Would you prefer Leavy then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

I think he’s being sarcastic

Yes

Heymans wrote: »
    I think he’s being sarcastic

Nope deadly serious, I think Leavy is absolutely immense but I have seen VDF absolutely destroy Connacht breakdown so many times that I would genuinely prefer to see Leavy than VDF playing against Connacht

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Nope deadly serious, I think Leavy is absolutely immense but I have seen VDF absolutely destroy Connacht breakdown so many times that I would genuinely prefer to see Leavy than VDF playing against Connacht

VDF might need a rest and Leavy took a knock to the head so you might be in luck and we'll have to play some bloke called Sean O'Brien

VDF might need a rest and Leavy took a knock to the head so you might be in luck and we'll have to play some bloke called Sean O'Brien

Did ye take him from us? We have 2 of them in our squad :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did ye take him from us? We have 2 of them in our squad :)

They are imposters

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ah sure VDF only made 23 tackles last night missing none so his standards have slipped since last season. No reason for Connacht to worry.

Forgot that little record was against Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

If I never see that f*&!*ing red scrum cap on the field against us again it will be too soon... he really does need a rest next week, doesn't he. DOESN'T HE!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Leinster have played 151 games in the RDS, 137 wins, 1 draw, and 13 losses

not too shabby, not too shabby at all

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

I'd love to see how that win percentage measures up to other top clubs around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

DonVito wrote: »
    I'd love to see how that win percentage measures up to other top clubs around the world.

I know the Crusaders haven't lost at home since 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Leinster have played 151 games in the RDS, 137 wins, 1 draw, and 13 losses

not too shabby, not too shabby at all

Trying to think of the losses without looking it up.

Wasps
    Treviso
    Dragons
    Scarlets
    Munster
    London Irish

Who else?

• Advertisement

Trying to think of the losses without looking it up.

Wasps
    Treviso
    Dragons
    Scarlets
    Munster
    London Irish

Who else?

Ospreys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

troyzer wrote: »
    Ospreys.

Of course.

Scarlets/Munster/Ospreys could all have multiple wins I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Ulster in 2013, I think

• Subscribers Posts: 41,587 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

troyzer wrote: »
    Ospreys.

That was a tough loss to take...

sydthebeat wrote: »
    That was a tough loss to take...

Yeah, didn't Glasgow win in the RDS the same year?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Lost to Bath in the early days at the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Lost to Bath in the early days at the RDS.

Jonny Hepworth. Never forget.

• Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ulster in 2013, I think

Yea, this was the game when Clancy tried to award Leinster a try after the final whistle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

awec wrote: »
    Yea, this was the game when Clancy tried to award Leinster a try after the final whistle.

It was a try :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Only gave away 3 penalties versus Edinburgh, that is outstanding, particularly given the amount of defending we had to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement