Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

SOB and McCarthy are fit apparentely.

troyzer wrote: »
    SOB and McCarthy are fit apparentely.

Any word on Ryan and Leavy?

Ryan probably wasn't going to feature this weekend regardless but Leavy needs game time now in the run up to Europe / November. I really wouldn't be surprised if he has jaw damage but hopefully it was nothing more than a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Any word on Ryan and Leavy?

Ryan probably wasn't going to feature this weekend regardless but Leavy needs game time now in the run up to Europe / November. I really wouldn't be surprised if he has jaw damage but hopefully it was nothing more than a bang.

Both going through protocol. Nothing mentioned about the jaw so I presume they're treating it as a concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

errlloyd wrote: »
    Only gave away 3 penalties versus Edinburgh, that is outstanding, particularly given the amount of defending we had to do.

Dan Jones was very lenient on the breakdown. I remember Edinburgh players lying all over the ball which presumably means we were doing it too haha.

But also we didn't commit many numbers to the ruck. For their pick and jams it was 2 man tackle and fan out.

Not taking away from the impressiveness of it though. Very good discipline. 139 rucks won by Edinburgh. To give no breakdown infringement over that many is very good.

Similarly we made 175 tackles. None high

Also. One of our conceded penalties was against Larmour for clearing the man past the ruck which was insanely harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

awec wrote: »
    Yea, this was the game when Clancy tried to award Leinster a try after the final whistle.

Like the Murphy's Awec was never bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Also. One of our conceded penalties was against Larmour for clearing the man past the ruck which was insanely harsh

Yeah thought that myself at the match. I seen the ref indicate clearing past the ruck but when they showed a replay a minute later I couldn't see anything wrong

• Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Like the Murphy's Awec was never bitter.

I will never forget that day. It was an outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

awec wrote: »
    I will never forget that day. It was an outrage.

I believe the Furey Brothers came close to writing a ballad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

On news this evening there was a clip of Leinster training with Johnny Cooper watching. Anyone know what was happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Does anyone know what's happened to that ak guy who used to post here occasionally?

Forever watching...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

On news this evening there was a clip of Leinster training with Johnny Cooper watching. Anyone know what was happening?

Picking up a few tackles techniques for bogball

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Who's going to be Leinster's breakout player this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What are the terms. Would JGP qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Think Cooper is involved in fitness training, probably interested from a professional point of view as well as an interest from a sporting one. It seems to be common enough in the sporting world to have visitors from other top level sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Doris has a great chance at that, may struggle to get too much pitch time though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Neil3030 wrote: »
    What are the terms. Would JGP qualify?

No, a new player like Larmour and Ryan last year. I got my tickets for the hype train but there's nobody at the station

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭iminterestd0

No, a new player like Larmour and Ryan last year. I got my tickets for the hype train but there's nobody at the station

Doris the most obvious candidate, maybe Kelleher at hooker or Hughie at 9.

But all are very unlikely to have seasons like Ryan/Larmour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Don't think there is really anyone in that camp other than Doris. The hype train for both Ryan and Larmour started in their school days and I'm not sure there is someone in the same 'highly anticipated' category yet. Obviously someone may surprise us though.

When is Jack Kelly expected to get his first cap?

Sangre wrote: »
    Don't think there is really anyone in that camp other than Doris. The hype train for both Ryan and Larmour started in their school days and I'm not sure there is someone in the same 'highly anticipated' category yet. Obviously someone may surprise us though.

When is Jack Kelly expected to get his first cap?

Kelly will get capped this season IMO. Depending on injury, it could happen in November.

Tommy O'Brien has the talent to really progress, injured at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Kelly will get capped this season IMO. Depending on injury, it could happen in November.

How's his catching coming along - last I saw this was an unsteady part of his game and was counting against him getting runs at fullback.

• Advertisement

Heymans wrote: »
    How's his catching coming along - last I saw this was an unsteady part of his game and was counting against him getting runs at fullback.

haven't seen him playing, although is currently captaining Leinster A, so must be doing something right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Dark horse: Mick Kearney.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Was playing great stuff at Connacht, but now just another toy ye took and broke on us...

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

Zzippy wrote: »
    Was playing great stuff at Connacht, but now just another toy ye took and broke on us...
    he had a fine game against Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

When he first arrived from Connacht he started very well. Physical uncompromising second row.

Saw that player again against Edinburgh. Hope he can replicate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

And we'll do it again and again until ye learn your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

It takes a while to beat the Connacht out of players. :pac:

And we'll do it again and again until ye learn your place.

Reign it in FF, save it for the build up thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I've been hearing good things about Sean O'Brien. Plays 7 but can also cover 6 and 8 if needed. He's meant to be very good at the breakdown and a devastating carrier. Anyone seen much of him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I've been hearing good things about Sean O'Brien. Plays 7 but can also cover 6 and 8 if needed. He's meant to be very good at the breakdown and a devastating carrier. Anyone seen much of him?

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement