Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    There's a surplus in his position. He's not required.

Furthermore in the event of an injury crisis he can replace a player or be added to the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Adam Byrne is also on the cusp of rugby purgatory. I think a move elsewhere would be in his best interest. Shocking how far he's dropped this last year.

He can't defend. Talented going forward/in the air but I've seen him with teammates pointing at who to take and couldn't follow that simple instruction. Wouldn't rule him out getting that aspect of his game up to speed though, it can be done (edit: he's still only 24)

It's not like some of our top level players aren't prone to defensive brainfarts either, but he didn't have that credit in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

leakyboots wrote: »
    He can't defend. Talented going forward/in the air but I've seen him with teammates pointing at who to take and couldn't follow that simple instruction. Wouldn't rule him out getting that aspect of his game up to speed though, it can be done (edit: he's still only 24)

It's not like some of our top level players aren't prone to defensive brainfarts either, but he didn't have that credit in the bank

He strikes me as a fella who just needs get allot of games under his belt to build confidence. & maybe a gentle shove along the way! He’s been around the squad for 6 years. At 24, Leinster A is not the place for him.
    Somewhere like London Irish would be ideal. The dream team can work their magic! But the championship would be a good place to get a good year, or even 2, of competitive hard edged rugby. He won’t be in the fish bowl of Leinster or under such scrutiny.
    A good run of games and a change of environment might just help him to push on & improve his game awareness & skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

So I listened to the James Lowe interview.

And I was like, dude, that was, like, really sweet...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

swiwi_ wrote: »
    So I listened to the James Lowe interview.

And I was like, dude, that was, like, really sweet...

I love this guy . He was very honest in the interview , the more I Hear him speak and watch him play the more I like him . Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I love this guy . He was very honest in the interview , the more I Hear him speak and watch him play the more I like him . Legend.

He did say “craic” once. Whether he can spell it the right way is another matter but he has picked up some lingo...

Just needs to change like to loike and he’ll be indistinguishable from the locals :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Listening to the podcast, James Lowe seems like a really easy guy to like. Very easy going individual.

Jonathan.

Jonathan.

I'd watch a fly on the wall doc about their shenanigans.

It seems like a real buddy cop comedy :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Which podcast is this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭iminterestd0

Peregrine wrote: »
    Which podcast is this?

Luuuukes.

Which podcast is this?

Left Wing

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Thanks. I checked The Left Wing first but didn't see a new episode. Stupid Dublin Bus WiFi. It downloaded on my mobile data. This should be good.

Thanks. I checked The Left Wing first but didn't see a new episode. Stupid Dublin Bus WiFi. It downloaded on my mobile data. This should be good.

It's just gone up, it was recorded last week but the producers felt it was a week too soon.

God that was low effort.

It's just gone up, it was recorded last week but the producers felt it was a week too soon.

God that was low effort.

Lowe effort

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I wonder if there’s any chance of seeing Tomane on the wing tomorrow. With rotation we could see something along the lines of

Tomane
    Henshaw
    O’Loughlin
    McFadden
    Kearney (either)

ROL loves playing against Munster, has to start for me.

Kevski wrote: »
    I wonder if there’s any chance of seeing Tomane on the wing tomorrow. With rotation we could see something along the lines of

Tomane
    Henshaw
    O’Loughlin
    McFadden
    Kearney (either)

Wouldn't mind that backline. But I think ROL is better option on the wing that Tomane at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Tomane
    Henshaw
    O’Loughlin
    McFadden
    Kearney (either)

I would say there's a solid chance. After Henshaw sat out last week, I can see him starting this one alongside ROL (who went pretty well in this fixture last season). I'd like to see how he fares on the wing which would give us another option ahead of the European games although I can understand why they'd want to get him as much game time in the centre as possible.

If we go with a centre partnership of Tomane and ROL, I think it's a big indication as to how we're approaching this game i.e. preparation purely for our European season. I'd really hope we give it a bit more of a crack than that.

Hopefully a back line along the lines of:

JGP, Byrne, Tomane, Henshaw, ROL, McFadden, RK.

With a bench of McCarthy, Reid, DK.

Hopefully we'll see an equally strong pack. If Jack McGrath is back, it would give a very different look to our team and strengthen us significantly although I'd imagine he'll be well off the pace for the first game back.

A pack of McGrath, Tracy, Porter, Ryan, Fardy, SOB, Leavy and Deegan would be great to see and would have some real bite in it. There are 3 or 4 guys in there who are really looking to put down a marker ahead of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Who was the mental skills coach Lowe was talking about? His book sounded good

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

is Lowe not available?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    is Lowe not available?

He is, think the assumption is that Fardy and JGP will be in squad.

is Lowe not available?

He is but it depends on how ready Nick McCarthy is.

Luke has a decent chunk of minutes this season too so far

is Lowe not available?

He is but Fardy hasn’t played in a couple of weeks, Luke McGrath has played quite a bit and Nick McCarthy needs game time.

So assuming that Fardy will play ahead of Europe and McGrath will be rested that means that Lowe probably won’t play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

He is but Fardy hasn’t played in a couple of weeks, Luke McGrath has played quite a bit and Nick McCarthy needs game time.

So assuming that Fardy will play ahead of Europe and McGrath will be rested that means that Lowe probably won’t play.

Fardy played last week.

troyzer wrote: »
    Fardy played last week.

You’re right, he did

• Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'd rather see Lowe than Fardy in this one

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Larbre34 wrote: »

me too, and if james Ryan is fully back then its a probability

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Larbre34 wrote: »

Toner is unlikely to feature so I'd much rather Fardy than Lowe. All indications are that Munster are going to start Beirne and Kleyn so we shouldn't be taking them lightly up front at all.

Lowe has played back to back matches and is likely to feature in Europe. With his arthritis, they manage his minutes so I don't see him playing tomorrow. Perhaps he will do and JGP misses out again but I don't see that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Buer wrote: »

Lowe has played back to back matches and is likely to feature in Europe. With his arthritis, they manage his minutes so I don't see him playing tomorrow. Perhaps he will do and JGP misses out again but I don't see that happening.

I don't think this is true?

It's just the Kolpak thing that limits him (and let's be honest, his defence was an issue at first, but much improved).

I'd like to see Fardy and JGP to give Toner a rest and because JGP has been better than McGrath.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement