Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Wasps got beaten at home by Gloucester ahead of next weekend.

I thought Kearney had a seriously good game at FB.

Would start him and move Larmour to 14, with McFadden benching.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

JGP had a good game I thought, passing wasn't sloppy and his kicking was actually a lot better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The reactions on the match thread make this victory so much sweeter. They're going mental that they couldn't beat a weakened Leinster side.

I hope Jack McGrath's subbing off was for nothing serious. Strange for a prop to be taken off at HT. Usually get the first 10 mi items of the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Is it just me, if you shaved Shane Byrnes head he'd look just like a smilier George Hook?

https://twitter.com/RTEsport/status/1048657090259177473

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

JGP had a good game I thought, passing wasn't sloppy and his kicking was actually a lot better than expected.

His pass for Lowe's first was top class and did he win a breakdown penalty at one point?

He's comfortably our best performing scrum half so far this season. I don't know if we can leave him out of the 23 given his form and the complete lack of game time for Nick McCarthy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Buer wrote: »
    His pass for Lowe's first was top class and did he win a breakdown penalty at one point?

He's comfortably our best performing scrum half so far this season. I don't know if we can leave him out of the 23 given his form and the complete lack of game time for Nick McCarthy too.

James Lowe and Scott Fardy is why you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Clegg wrote: »
    The reactions on the match thread make this victory so much sweeter. They're going mental that they couldn't beat a weakened Leinster side.

I think you need to settle down. I don’t think they’re going mental they couldn’t beat a weakened Leinster side. They got some very bad ref calls and I would be annoyed too. Just be humble in victory instead of gloating.

swiwi_ wrote: »

I think you need to settle down. I don’t think they’re going mental they couldn’t beat a weakened Leinster side. They got some very bad ref calls and I would be annoyed too. Just be humble in victory instead of gloating.
    Nah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Connacht have done Leinster A few big favours already this season. Beating Ulster and Scarlets.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

They also got away with a lot. POM binding illegally in the scrum all game (which gave them a massive advantage), Arnold charging with a shoulder to Lowe's back for the try attempt that was held up in the first half.

They have no excuses. Their biggest gripe is the deliberate knock on call which should have been a penalty for Earls being offside anyway.

They can't take their beating, so nobody should be surprised if people gloat.

Enough of the 'poor Munster' nonsense. They gave it their all and came up short. Again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Nah

Karma will haunt you back if you don’t be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Can someone make a gif out of the tackle on Carberry by Luke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Karma will haunt you back if you don’t be careful

Chicken Karma????:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Buer wrote: »

Agreed; with the way Toner is playing and the way McGrath isn't, then I think we have to keep JGP and Fardy is very unfortunate to lose out. I think Lowe has to play in every scenario.

I'd probably bring Fardy back in for Toulouse where we'll need all the hard edge we can get.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The way McGrath isn’t?

McGrath has had a very good start to the season. JGP is playing really well but McGrath is number 1 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Faugheen wrote: »
    The way McGrath isn’t?

McGrath has had a very good start to the season. JGP is playing really well but McGrath is number 1 for me.

Defo. McGrath is getting better and better and is ahead of JGP for me every time (though JGP has started the season well). Luke got a great tackle in on CJ tonight

Lowe and Larmour have been in such good form that they need to start in Europe. Our backline is going to be different for these games as we no longer have Isa who almost always did the right thing at the right time. We need something different from the past. Lowe and Larmour offer a counter attacking threat to go with their excellent offloading and line running game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Think the refs calls swung both ways and balanced out on the day. Some bizarre decisions but he was consistent through out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I have now reached the point where I want James Lowe to stay at Leinster until he's as old as Nacewa. He just lights up the place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The decision at the end was peculiar, and highlights one of the problems with conferences. There was no reason to kick the ball out. Both Leinster and Munster had a BP on offer. And neither had any reason to want to deny the other, as we play in different conferences.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

errlloyd wrote: »
    The decision at the end was peculiar, and highlights one of the problems with conferences. There was no reason to kick the ball out. Both Leinster and Munster had a BP on offer. And neither had any reason to want to deny the other, as we play in different conferences.
    Lack of understanding of the conference system I think on the part of Leinster.

Leinster had absolutely no reason to kick it out, it was impossible for them to lose the game and it made absolutely zero difference if Munster got a LBP or not. Should have played on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Leinster hadn’t looked like scoring for about 20 minutes at that point, there was nothing to play for and a European game in 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

stephen_n wrote: »

Leinster hadn’t looked like scoring for about 20 minutes at that point, there was nothing to play for and a European game in 6 days.

They're also five points clear at the top and are miles ahead on point difference.

Leinster aren't going to miss one bonus point by the end of the season one way or another. They (and Ireland) would miss James Ryan though he had broken his leg in the 82nd minute trying to get a BP.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

troyzer wrote: »
    They're also five points clear at the top and are miles ahead on point difference.

Leinster aren't going to miss one bonus point by the end of the season one way or another. They (and Ireland) would miss James Ryan though he had broken his leg in the 82nd minute trying to get a BP.
    James Ryan had been subbed already, no?

awec wrote: »

James Ryan had been subbed already, no?

Yes, sorry. You know what I meant though. The general idea of a top, international player getting injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Kearney had one of his better games at full back but it was all defensive and catching. We need a more forward going impetus in our back line than him.

Heymans wrote: »

Kearney had one of his better games at full back but it was all defensive and catching. We need a more forward going impetus in our back line than him.

He's just never going to be that. He's a rock solid defender but he's never going to break open the line for a huge run. Leo knows that and so does Schmidt. You pick him because he's probably the most reliable defender at fullback in Europe, but that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He's just never going to be that. He's a rock solid defender but he's never going to break open the line for a huge run. Leo knows that and so does Schmidt. You pick him because he's probably the most reliable defender at fullback in Europe, but that's it.

And yet his slice n dice against connacht was instrumental in the Ringrose try

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement