Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

Even though they have Tom Cruise on the bench, it certainly shouldn’t be...

*puts on sunglasses*

... Mission Impossible

Delete your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

*puts on sunglasses*

... Mission Impossible

Dunno. There are a few good men in that Wasps pack

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

*puts on sunglasses*

... Mission Impossible

Leave.

Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

He did the 80 against Munster

I know but maybe he isn't 100% right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

awec wrote: »
    That is a strange back row

Why? Conan and VDF out and out 8 and 7. Leavy a 6 and a half. I think its exciting.

• Advertisement

Dunno. There are a few good men in that Wasps pack

I might be in the minority, reports of bad weather, I mean serious rain man, literally days of thunder both far and away suggest that it would be risky business to rely on the firm ground that Wasps usually relish. If the score is close in the last 10 I'll have my eyes wide shut.

Jerry Maguire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Can't believe Ruddock didn't make the cut. Best 6 in Ireland at the moment imo. I think we'll see him start in France next week.
    Tomane is a shocker also. How he got ahead of ROL and Ferg is a mystery.
    Hopefully , we annihilate them and begin our quest for glory smothered in glory, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

I might be in the minority, reports of bad weather, I mean serious rain man, literally days of thunder both far and away suggest that it would be risky business to rely on the firm ground that Wasps usually relish. If the score is close in the last 10 I'll have my eyes wide shut.

Jerry Maguire.
    you were probably going to throw in Jack Reacher - but that would have been a bit of stretch!

Looks like Wasps are playing their Bee team.

trollface.jpg?1296494117

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭gleesonisgod

So the experienced and successful professionals agree with me.....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster by 20+.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Jerry Maguire.

Cant believe you didnt work "Far and Away" in there somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Congrats buddy. You (an anonymous internet user) succeeded in proving a point against other anonymous internet users.

Have a biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I wouldn't eat that if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Why? Is it soggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Just the 14 homegrown internationals starting so. James Lowe really needs to sort himself out

And just the 12 Leinster-developed. Some conveyor belt of talent!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Don't think it proves anything to be honest.

Name me one better 6 in Ireland so far this season?

I hate that omission if I'm being honest. I hope it's not a case that his body isn't as rock solid with all the injuries because he should be in the best back-row every day of the week.

Should add it's nothing against Leavy because we all know what he's like at top-form. Hopefully he's back at that level tomorrow because he was off the pace against Munster (while still playing ok).

Hopefully we see Ruddock against Toulouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I think this is the first time I've ever looked at a Leinster 23 and thought "thats so strong, its unfair".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Interesting that Wasps have selected Daly on the wing. He's their most skillful player but may not
    actually see much of the ball. The conditions forecast suggest that it won't be a free flowing game and Leinster have selected a pack that will make a mess at the breakdown. Always the hardest conditions for wings to thrive in. Especially when your pack is expected to be under the pump for most of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Since the match only lasts 80 minutes, the most pressing concern for that Leinster team will be narrowing down the selection of positions in which they will make love to their opponents.

Clegg wrote: »
    Interesting that Wasps have selected Daly on the wing. He's their most skillful player but not
    actually see much of the ball. The conditions forecast suggest that it won't be a free flowing game and Leinster have selected a pack that will make a mess at the breakdown.

I think 13 is by far his best position but the absence of Wade means they're somewhat screwed in the back three and will need Daly there.

Leinster will hopefully have a good cut at that midfield. Micky Le Bourgeois (fantastic name) is only in his first season of top flight rugby; he has spend his entire career in the Championship before now. He's going to have his work cut out for him standing across from Sexton, Henshaw and Ringrose.

It will be interesting to see how the back rows go. Despite the disruption, I still reckon their back row is comfortably the best row of their pack (but should still definitely come off second best to our own).

-17 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Buer wrote: »
    Clegg wrote: »
    Interesting that Wasps have selected Daly on the wing. He's their most skillful player but not
    actually see much of the ball. The conditions forecast suggest that it won't be a free flowing game and Leinster have selected a pack that will make a mess at the breakdown.

I think 13 is by far his best position but the absence of Wade means they're somewhat screwed in the back three and will need Daly there.

Leinster will hopefully have a good cut at that midfield. Micky Le Bourgeois (fantastic name) is only in his first season of top flight rugby; he has spend his entire career in the Championship before now. He's going to have his work cut out for him standing across from Sexton, Henshaw and Ringrose.

It will be interesting to see how the back rows go. Despite the disruption, I still reckon their back row is comfortably the best row of their pack (but should still definitely come off second best to our own).
    I hadn't actually seen that Wade wasn't playing! Just took it for granted that he would be. Daly is quality and can play well anywhere across the backline. But for this match specifically you'd have to wonder how effective he'll be. He needs good ball from his pack that I just don't think he'll get on the wing. At least if he was at 13 he'd get his hands on the ball more.

Wasps front five without Launchbury just looks so underpowered. Yes the back row looks good but they're also dependant on the other forwards to do the job. Just don't think they have the quality to put Leinster under much pressure. But this is the European Cup and every side is decent. Can never take things for granted.

Taken from the Celtic Cup thread:
    Leinster Rugby ‘A’

15. Jack Kelly CAPTAIN
    14. Adam Byrne
    13. Jimmy O’Brien
    12. Tom Daly
    11. Dave Kearney
    10. Noel Reid
    9. Paddy Patterson(U21)
    1. Peter Dooley
    2. Ronan Kelleher(U21)
    3. Vakh Abdaladze
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Mick Kearney
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Scott Penny(U20)
    8. Caelan Doris(U21)

16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Ed Byrne
    18. Jack Aungier(U21)
    19. Oisín Dowling
    20. Max Deegan
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan(U21)
    22. Ciarán Frawley
    23. Michael Silvester(U21)

Looks to me like they're preparing Reid to start a match or two for the senior side at 10 during the autumn series. We've three games during that period. October 27th, November 4th and November 23rd.

With the way that the Irish games fall, I wouldn't be surprised if we were without Byrne and Sexton for all three. November 3rd is the Italian game in Chicago. I'd expect Byrne to be over there for that in some capacity and wouldn't expect Sexton to be in Italy playing Treviso the weekend before! Perhaps Byrne plays and then flies from Italy to Chicago and joins up with the squad?

Regardless, the following weekend is the Kings in South Africa where it'll be Frawley/Reid. And then we've the final game on the 23rd at home to the Ospreys which is the same weekend Ireland plays the USA when I don't expect Sexton to feature so Byrne is likely to be involved (unless Schmidt wants to look at someone like Burns, Carty or even Bleyendaal but I don't see that happening).

The other very interesting item is that Max Deegan looks to be losing out on a significant amount of game time to Doris. There certainly seems to be a lot of time being invested in Doris (which I'm fine with).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Bleyandaal would be a waste of time imo. Carty may get a look as may Byrne, but Carberry needs as much time as possible wearing 10 for Ireland. He should start against Italy and the Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Buer wrote: »
    Taken from the Celtic Cup thread:

Looks to me like they're preparing Reid to start a match or two for the senior side at 10 during the autumn series. We've three games during that period. October 27th, November 4th and November 23rd.

With the way that the Irish games fall, I wouldn't be surprised if we were without Byrne and Sexton for all three. November 3rd is the Italian game in Chicago. I'd expect Byrne to be over there for that in some capacity and wouldn't expect Sexton to be in Italy playing Treviso the weekend before! Perhaps Byrne plays and then flies from Italy to Chicago and joins up with the squad?

Regardless, the following weekend is the Kings in South Africa where it'll be Frawley/Reid. And then we've the final game on the 23rd at home to the Ospreys which is the same weekend Ireland plays the USA when I don't expect Sexton to feature so Byrne is likely to be involved (unless Schmidt wants to look at someone like Burns, Carty or even Bleyendaal but I don't see that happening).

The other very interesting item is that Max Deegan looks to be losing out on a significant amount of game time to Doris. There certainly seems to be a lot of time being invested in Doris (which I'm fine with).

Doris has been earmarked for big things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Bleyandaal would be a waste of time imo. Carty may get a look as may Byrne, but Carberry needs as much time as possible wearing 10 for Ireland. He should start against Italy and the Eagles.

Bleyandaal would be a waste of a cap. Even if he was fit when has he really shown that he is international class? he had a few decent games 2 seasons ago and nothing before or since.

Carty is not good enough

It will be Sexton, Carberry and Byrne in Ireland squad. Burns will be back up

Would it be the worst thing to pull JJ out of Munster and bring him to Leinster. Munster have ruined him. He would be a good backup 10 and could get some form back

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Would it be the worst thing to pull JJ out of Munster and bring him to Leinster. Munster have ruined him. He would be a good backup 10 and could get some form back

He was never an outhalf to start with and was very overrated due to his U20 career. I wouldn't go near him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

JJ won't ever be an international outhalf.

He never kicked on at senior level at all. It's nothing to do with Munster, he was playing well when he got his opportunities, and then when he went to Northampton he flopped and then came back to Munster and has continued to flop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement