Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Zzippy wrote: »
    I don't have a shred of respect for anything that attention-seeker says. He's a wannabe Franno, just saying stuff to be controversial, criticising current players for unprofessionalism (Zebo) and cowardice (Cipriani) just confirms he's a classless publicity-hungry media shill.

With Luke it's a bit disappointing the way he's gone as a pundit, could've been a good insight to a lot of the current players and setups considering he's the same generation as a lot of the main Irish players, but yeah he's just seeking headlines and retweets at this stage.

Oh dear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Oh dear....

Do Munster ever get tired of blaming the ref???

Seriously....

Maybe, just maybe they look at their own discipline....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Oh dear....

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Do Munster ever get tired of blaming the ref???

Ah lads, one person puts up a video and ye have to drag it up here and its generalised as "Munster". Seriously, move on, this is just inter-provincial trolling now and will be treated as such under the charter if this continues.

Eh... I just posted a video I just watched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Eh... I just posted a video I just watched?

It's funny how Gilroy lays into Whitehouse about several decisions that he actually got right. Quinny even said that if the Pen Try incident was down the far end Munster fans would expect YC & PT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Zzippy wrote: »
    I don't have a shred of respect for anything that attention-seeker says. He's a wannabe Franno, just saying stuff to be controversial, criticising current players for unprofessionalism (Zebo) and cowardice (Cipriani) just confirms he's a classless publicity-hungry media shill.

Isn't the whole point of having ex-pros doing these things to get an actual insight into the reality of it?

And I'm sorry now, we don't need Luke Fitz to tell us that Zebo doesn't like the gym. He's been overweight for years. Zebo's whole attitude reeks. I'm extremely glad he's gone.

And before I get attacked, think back to last season. Munster couldn't even pick him in their biggest game of the season. He was giving interviews to the Racing website in the week leading up the game in Paris. He just didn't give a damn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Isn't the whole point of having ex-pros doing these things to get an actual insight into the reality of it?

And I'm sorry now, we don't need Luke Fitz to tell us that Zebo doesn't like the gym. He's been overweight for years. Zebo's whole attitude reeks. I'm extremely glad he's gone.

How is Zebo overweight? He needs to put on some weight if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Seriously?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Seriously?

Don’t see what’s so overweight about that,James Lowe is much bigger than him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

He's not a prop. Yet. ;)

Zebo in France

stephen_n wrote: »
    Seriously?

https://goo.gl/images/FoAEEN

Don’t see what’s so overweight about that, James Lowe is much bigger than him

https://goo.gl/images/FoAEEN

Don’t see what’s so overweight about that, James Lowe is much bigger than him

Zebo = weight
    Lowe = Muscle

Zebo needs to lose weight but bulk up muscle......

Anyway, why we talking about Zebo.......God enough threads got ruined on here about him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Zebo = weight
    Lowe = Muscle

Zebo needs to lose weight but bulk up muscle......

Anyway, why we talking about Zebo.......God enough threads got ruined on here about him
    says all these armchair fans. I dont think any of us can really claim to have any knowledge on what Zebo or any player needs to do ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I don't think overweight is the right description for Zebo. He certainly doesn't look as well conditioned as other pros however.

Clegg wrote: »
    I don't think overweight is the right description for Zebo. He certainly doesn't look as well conditioned as other pros however.

Would like to see him with his top off (no homo)

Would like to see him with his top off (no homo)
    Who cares?

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is the Leinster thread. What has Simon Zebo got to do with Leinster? Drop it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Looks like we might get lucky with the weather tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I've serious reservations about Luke McGrath for this game. JGP has been very good so far this season in my opinion. However I understand he's not in to facilitate Fardy/Lowe and I wouldn't like to leave them out either.
    What are people's opinions on this? Maybe they'll use JGP in France?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I've serious reservations about Luke McGrath for this game. JGP has been very good so far this season in my opinion. However I understand he's not in to facilitate Fardy/Lowe and I wouldn't like to leave them out either.

Reservations how?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What possible reservations could you have over Luke McGrath who has barely put a foot wrong this season?

Gibson-Park has been excellent but there's no doubting who the number 1 is.

Kevski wrote: »
    Looks like we might get lucky with the weather tomorrow night
    463601.png
    That's changed a bit this morning, with no rain forecast after 4pm - 5pm. Light wind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

He’s injured, so it’s a moot point, but McGrath would have probably started one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I also have massive reservations about Leinster's first choice scrumhalf who has been playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Luke McGrath hasn't hit the form that he had last season, I feel. He has been solid enough but JGP has certainly been our best performing scrumhalf this season, I believe. With that said, McGrath has more than enough credit in the bank to retain the starting jersey.

If JGP keeps up his form he's going to make a fight of it though. His kicking is unrecognisable from where it was. The clearing kick after Jack McGrath stole the ball on the Leinster 5m line was top class, for example. He was about 7m from the sideline but still managed to nail his kick to about 10m outside the 22 from the base of the ruck.

accensi0n wrote: »
    I also have massive reservations about Leinster's first choice scrumhalf who has been playing well.
    I have reservations as well. But I cancelled them so I could watch the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He's not in the squad because he's injured. And there's no reason to have reservations about McGrath. He's proven his quality for Leinster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement