Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Clegg wrote: »
    It's days like today where the loss of Kiely's will truly be felt.

I keep forgetting it's closed and then whenever I remember it's like I've lost it all over again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

I keep forgetting it's closed and then whenever I remember it's like I've lost it all over again :(

Going for a burger and chips in Eddie Rockets before the "A" game this afternoon at 5pm. It's a far second best to the K Club.

My inner Ross O'Carroll Kelly will be mourning the loss.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

errlloyd wrote: »
    Buer wrote: »
    If JGP keeps up his form he's going to make a fight of it though. His kicking is unrecognisable from where it was. The clearing kick after Jack McGrath stole the ball on the Leinster 5m line was top class, for example. He was about 7m from the sideline but still managed to nail his kick to about 10m outside the 22 from the base of the ruck.

Yeah, pretty much this. I think he's closing in on McGrath and actually might time his run of form to put his hand up for Japan. Personally I think they're both very good. McGrath main strength is his cover tackling which is excellent (see: McGrath ends Joey Carbery), JGP has that wicked skip pass he does to wingers when we're close to the line. We score off that a lot.

What's JGP doing that we haven't seen from McGrath over the years though?

Box-kicking? Breaking the line? Scoring tries both sniping off the back of a ruck and on the break?

McGrath has been doing all of that, also has a very good defence and was our player of the year only two years ago.

I'm happy that if something happens to him (or if we have to rotate him) we have a more than able back-up in JGP but McGrath starts in our strongest team for me.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Johnny's already talking about next year when Lowe is Irish qualified

I imagine he'll be receiving many offers when his contract comes close to expiring. Need to do everything we can to keep him. He's world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

WHAT a performance. Lowe was outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I imagine he'll be receiving many offers when his contract comes close to expiring. Need to do everything we can to keep him. He's world class.

Lowe doesn't qualify until November 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bazzo wrote: »

Lowe doesn't qualify until November 2020
    Fair enough. That's quoting Sexton however. Got a bit ahead of himself.

Point on Lowe still stands though. Must keep him.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Fair enough. That's quoting Sexton however. Got a bit ahead of himself.

Point on Lowe still stands though. Must keep him.

Yep, he’s the best winger in Ireland right now and Earls is getting older.

Imagine a back three of Stockdale, Larmour and Lowe.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Below AIL standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Below AIL standard.
    You'll be 90 and still quoting that. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Dev Toner will hopefully go on to be the most capped ever provincial player.

He's on 226 now at 32 years old, will be 33 next June.

DOC had 268, as far as I know, and D'arcy had 257.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

CatFromHue wrote: »

He's still 101 off Muldoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

CatFromHue wrote: »

He also sort of seems likethe kind of player who could keep doing what he is doing for years to come.

Any word on what happened to Leavy?

Healy went off at half time, did he pick up a knock?

Otherwise didn't look like we had too many bad knocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Any word on what happened to Leavy?

Healy went off at half time, did he pick up a knock?

Otherwise didn't look like we had too many bad knocks.

Looks like Healy and McGrath is a planned 40-40 min split. Makes sense to get McGrath as much gametime as possible.

Leavy walked off so am guessing it's minor. Hopefully so.

Would love to know how far Toner runs in matches as he seems to be at every breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

40/40 splits don't really make a huge amount of sense to me. You get the half time period to get your breath back and recover so you lose a little bit of impact from the sub. Surely if you're planning to split time then the minimum you'd aim for is 50/30.

40/40 splits don't really make a huge amount of sense to me. You get the half time period to get your breath back and recover so you lose a little bit of impact from the sub. Surely if you're planning to split time then the minimum you'd aim for is 50/30.

Unless you are specifically managing player minutes, but otherwise I'd agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Leavy was feeling his calf in warm up. Healy took a bang to the knee. Rob Kearney was tightening up. None serious. All according to Cullen after the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah, Healy was limping when he came out of the changing rooms for the second half. Hopefully nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

SOB made a huge impact off the bench.

Pool opponents Bath and Toulouse about to kick off - think Heaslip doing commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Pool opponents Bath and Toulouse about to kick off - think Heaslip doing commentary.

He is on C4, I listened to a bit and switched over to BT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah he is. Coverage has been very good as has pre-game.

They had a morning show called The Big Tackle leading up to it (with an hour gap to match coverage). Had Heaslip, Habana and Gareth Thomas on and was very enjoyable.

Somewhat unrelated but I think they (C4) will do a great job of the Autumn Internationals coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

troyzer wrote: »
    SOB made a huge impact off the bench.
    I think they are managing him well in fairness, I'm glad to see a gentler reintroduction than usual. He is building up his match sharpness nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Toulouse win!! Next week will be tough

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Toulouse win!! Next week will be tough

Wasn't impressed by Toulouse. Bath had to literally hand it to them.

Think we'll have far too much for this Toulouse team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wasn't impressed by Toulouse. Bath had to literally hand it to them.

Think we'll have far too much for this Toulouse team.

Couldn't agree more. Bath hit the post with a penalty in last ten minutes and then in case anyone missed this absolute howler mere moments later...

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1051107717631356933?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement