Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Kaino and Pointud cited ahead of our round 2 game to Toulouse .
    Didn't see the Pointud incident but Kaino leveled Roberts and that was the end of Roberts game.
    I think those are the tackles they are trying to crack down on.. he could easily get a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

scott1974 wrote: »
    Kaino and Pointud cited to Toulouse ahead of round 2.
    Didn't see the Pointud incident but Kaino leveled Roberts and that was the end of Roberts game.
    I think those are the tackles they are trying to crack down on.. he could easily get a ban.

I doubt he would be cited unless they found the TV angles showing the contact. The ref was adamant he connected high and he was on the correct side to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Good for Leinster if Kaino is banned but I'd be disappointed as he's one of my favourite ever players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Has anybody seen the Sunday Times write up on Leinster?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/past-six-days/2018-10-14/sport/leinsters-young-guns-look-too-hot-to-handle-wqn7ffbnx

It's too early to declare them champions but I think we can say they look better than last year.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Good for Leinster if Kaino is banned but I'd be disappointed as he's one of my favourite ever players.

Yeah I was excited to see him play but honestly he was bang average against Bath. Had little impact on the game and like many SH imports he seems to have left his work ethic back in New Zealand.

Watched most of Toulouse v La Rochelle last night, very traditional French team Toulouse - love to move the ball around and change the point of attack so with Kaino's mobility he should fit right in. They've terrific handling 1 - 15 and are very opportunistic in their play style.

I don't think they have the organisation to break down Leinster's defence however and they definitely don't have the pack to build the type of pressure they will need to unsettle Leinsters defensive shape.

Think we'll 5 point them based on current form.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was excited to see him play but honestly he was bang average against Bath. Had little impact on the game and like many SH imports he seems to have left his work ethic back in New Zealand.

Watched most of Toulouse v La Rochelle last night, very traditional French team Toulouse - love to move the ball around and change the point of attack so with Kaino's mobility he should fit right in. They've terrific handling 1 - 15 and are very opportunistic in their play style.

I don't think they have the organisation to break down Leinster's defence however and they definitely don't have the pack to build the type of pressure they will need to unsettle Leinsters defensive shape.

Think we'll 5 point them based on current form.

Really wish I was going, I made Wasps the European away game for this year.

Actually, I'm fairly happy with that. You could say Leinster are heading into a Wasp's nest given the overall spanking we just came them.

Should be fierce craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bath is going to be my European away game. Flights and accommodation sorted.

Tickets another matter entirely -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

troyzer wrote: »
    Really wish I was going, I made Wasps the European away game for this year.

Actually, I'm fairly happy with that. You could say Leinster are heading into a Wasp's nest given the overall spanking we just came them.

Should be fierce craic.

Flying out Friday back Monday. Sunday kick offs are a pain. Just trying to weigh up whether to go to Castre v Exeter on the Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Could be that but he's also oooolllllldddd at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Clearly he is lightening over 10 metres, not everyone is fast in the same way

He'd be good if the floodlights :D ever failed........but is he quick?:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

salmocab wrote: »
    I used to date her

I believe she got rid of the beard after you broke up......:P

errlloyd wrote: »
    Flying out Friday back Monday. Sunday kick offs are a pain. Just trying to weigh up whether to go to Castre v Exeter on the Saturday!

If there are tickets and it's not out of your way I'd say definitely go. Exeter are great away from home and have good travelling support. Castres are defending top14 champions and will want to put on a show at home, I'd say it could be a real arm wrestle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Has anybody seen the Sunday Times write up on Leinster?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/past-six-days/2018-10-14/sport/leinsters-young-guns-look-too-hot-to-handle-wqn7ffbnx

It's too early to declare them champions but I think we can say they look better than last year.
    Yeah. Dayglo is a huge fan. And he's probably the closest thing to Wasps royalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The Rec is probably my favorite club ground. Anyone who can get to Bath should really consider it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I don't think they leave their work ethic behind. I think it gets broken by the work ethic of their team mates. They eventually go "what's the point, no one else cares so why should I."

In the right environment, he would have been a massive asset. I know he's old but I just hope he has a good season because as I said he was always one of my favourites. Should have been WPOTY in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

jacothelad wrote: »
    I believe she got rid of the beard after you broke up......:P

If I had a quid for every time I broke up with a girl who then started shaving........,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'm looking to go to the Wasps game in Coventry.

Can anyone give me any recommendations on where to stay? I'll most likely be going on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Faugheen wrote: »
    I'm looking to go to the Wasps game in Coventry.

Can anyone give me any recommendations on where to stay? I'll most likely be going on my own.

Coventry is a bit grim so wouldn't rush to stay there necessarily. Could base yourself in London or another city nearby easily enough.

I'm heading for the match as well but only a day trip. Doesn't seem to be worth staying the night, got my flights for €20 on a Ryanair sale. €50 for a decent ticket, another €50 for a rake of pints and a bag of chips.

Seems like a decent Sunday out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Sangre wrote: »
    Coventry is a bit grim so wouldn't rush to stay there necessarily. Could base yourself in London or another city nearby easily enough.

Royal Leamington Spa would get my vote.

You're also an hour from Oxford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I'm heading for the match as well but only a day trip. Doesn't seem to be worth staying the night, got my flights for €20 on a Ryanair sale. €50 for a decent ticket, another €50 for a rake of pints and a bag of chips.

Did you get a match ticket already?

Did you get a match ticket already?

No, they aren't up for sale as far as I can tell.

I'm not worried about tickets though, the Ricoh is really big for a rugby stadium. Should be plenty.

I'm bringing my old man to the game on conventry for Christmas. It's on his birthday and my Bro lives in Leamington so he'll come too. Pumped. Continuing getting to more Leinster away pool matches than I manage to make home ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭typhoony

Toulouse could have 2 players with bans from citings last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

typhoony wrote: »
    Toulouse could have 2 players with bans from citings last weekend

When are the hearings anyone know?

Tonight, according to the beeeeeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Apparently Nathan Catt sent a letter to the hearing to help clear Pointud... kinda unusual..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ongoing by the looks of it, Alex Lozowski has already been given a 2-week ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

scott1974 wrote: »
    Apparently Nathan Catt sent a letter to the hearing to help clear Pointud... kinda unusual..

Definitely not unheard of for the recipient of foul play to make a statement on the offender's behalf. Cullen notably vouched for Quinlan's ophthalmological assessmnet in 2009.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement