Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

scott1974 wrote: »
    Apparently Nathan Catt sent a letter to the hearing to help clear Pointud... kinda unusual..

The counter ruck looked like it was under his head and into his chest but Catt went backwards in protest holding his head indicating it had been foul play.

His letter may be to say that the impact was on the chest in the subsequent interest of fair play. You could also look at it cynically and suggest that they don't want to make things any easier for group leaders Leinster, but I'd very much think it was the former.

On first glance it looked like Catt was trying to buy a penalty imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

The counter ruck looked like it was under his head and into his chest but Catt went backwards in protest holding his head indicating it had been foul play.

His letter may be to say that the impact was on the chest in the subsequent interest of fair play. You could also look at it cynically and suggest that they don't want to make things any easier for group leaders Leinster, but I'd very much think it was the former.

On first glance it looked like Catt was trying to buy a penalty imo.

I couldn't find the video of the incident, was also thinking that Bath might want him playing against us.

Just found the clip..think he'll be lucky not to get something for that.

https://youtu.be/BZ0byixluC8

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

scott1974 wrote: »
    Just found the clip..think he'll be lucky not to get something for that.

https://youtu.be/BZ0byixluC8
    Yeah. By the looks of that (pretty awful) clip, he just stuck the head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Match their power early on (and they will still put some very big boys out there), and we should pull away in the second half when they are puffed.

This is the perfect game for Fardy, delighted he'll be relatively fresh after coming on late against a disinterested Wasps side last week.

• Advertisement

Leinster are getting an awful, awful lot of hype online. Every podcast, lots of print and of course social media.

Hope the lads just leave their phones permanently off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Leinster are getting an awful, awful lot of hype online. Every podcast, lots of print and of course social media.

They wanted to put out a message. They're hardly going to be worried that the message was received. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

5 week ban for Kaino and 4 week ban for Pointud.

http://www.the42.ie/jerome-kaino-lucas-pointud-ban-4291375-Oct2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I remember Heaslip having a very interesting take on media praise.

Something along the lines of if you believe every good thing said about you, you will have to believe every bad thing too. Which definitely isn't healthy for the headspace.

I hope the guys are professional enough to know that the only opinions that matter are the coaching staff and each other.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    They wanted to put out a message. They're hardly going to be worried that the message was received. ;)

Teams are going to have ups and downs. With coverage like this everyone will be waiting for a whiff of the down to pounce. The team is well coached though and I've no doubt Leo is keeping heads as level as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Let's not forget that Leinster were able to lay down this marker as a result of the high standards they set themselves. I don't think media praise factors into their sense of accomplishment, nor criticism into their sense of failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I’m sure the team and coaches know, that last weeks performance and all the plaudits that followed. Will just increase the size of the target on their backs. We are now the team that everyone in Europe wants to beat, there is no room for complacency, as every team will up their game now against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

JGP definitely hanging around so.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

That's a very nifty signing. Great seeing moves like that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's a bit weird that Leinster are losing a home grown player to keep a project instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Random Bloke

It now makes sense why the “Leinster production line of 9’s” story was published last week - to pave the way for this news to be made public.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

awec wrote: »
    It's a bit weird that Leinster are losing a home grown player to keep a project instead.

Bit like Ulster losing Sammy Arnold and Chris Farrell to keep Payne I guess?

Gibson park will be qualified by the time McCarthy leaves so from a technical perspective it doesn't matter. The squad will be happy enough if the stronger player is retained and the academy lads get to see someone headhunted in to another top European side to learn from the World no.1.

It's not weird in the slightest. It is however disappointing, are these young departures to become seasonal offerings to the red gods!?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

JGP is IQ next season, and I'd imagine they rate Hugh O'Sullivan higher. Similar to letting John Cooney head off to Connacht.

• Advertisement

You mean Munster... this is getting out of hand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

DonVito wrote: »
    JGP is IQ next season, and I'd imagine they rate Hugh O'Sullivan higher. Similar to letting John Cooney head off to Connacht.

The only thing is, when Cooney went off to Connacht we had Isaac Boss, Eoin Reddan and Luke McGrath as senior SHs and Nick McCarthy in the academy.

We're now looking at Luke McGrath and JGP as senior players, and Hugh O'Sullivan and Patrick Patterson in the academy. It's a bit barebones considering Luke could well be involved a lot with the Irish setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I’m not overly disappointed at the news. It should be a good move for McCarthy’s career and Leinster retain their two more senior scrum halves with some promising talent coming through behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

JGP does NOT become a Kolpak player by becoming Irish Eligible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Correct.

He becomes an Irish player. The Kolpak thing goes away.

Leinster have signed up Richardt Strauss as anthem coach in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I know I saw this discussion somewhere. And I was originally on your side. But I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It's a good move for McCarthy. With no Kolpak restrictions, McGrath being 25 and JGP being 26, he could be third choice for a long time.

At least at Munster, he has a decent shot at second choice and the first choice will miss a lot of games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

JGP definitely hanging around so.

Don’t like the way a New Zealand reject is blocking talented scrum halves coming through that had dreamed playing for their province since they were a kid then being forced to another club cuz a lad from a different country comes in and stays there for three years and now he’s somehow “Irish”, we don’t need jgp, he’s a good player but Irish rugby doesn’t need him, hope he goes back to New Zealand, imagine how you would feel if you were Nick McCarthy and had to move province because a non Irish player took your place

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Don’t like the way a New Zealand reject is blocking talented scrum halves coming through that had dreamed playing for their province since they were a kid then being forced to another club cuz a lad from a different country comes in and stays there for three years and now he’s somehow “Irish”, we don’t need jgp, he’s a good player but Irish rugby doesn’t need him, hope he goes back to New Zealand, imagine how you would feel if you were Nick McCarthy and had to move province because a non Irish player took your place

Dem foreigners, taking our jerbs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

molloyjh wrote: »
    Dem foreigners, taking our jerbs.

https://goo.gl/images/z8GZ1r

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement