Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advantages of Brexit

• 25-07-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭

Should be great for Cork if it all goes tits up! Cork airport doesn't overfly the UK (neither does Shannon for long haul)

What else will be great about Brexit. Please no jokes about £5 blowjobs in Hull.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

tumbleweed.jpg?quality=85

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

shiningfarage1.jpg

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

I think the doomsdayers are exagerrating how bad things will be post Brexit (If they do leave, which I doubt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

We get to laugh about how so many gullible Brits are hoodwinked by pantomime villains like Jacob Rees Mogg. I mean you can explain Trump on it being American voters in love with the macho, loudmouth, stereotypical Yank that Trump embodies, but the Brits have their very own version of the same concept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,149 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think the doomsdayers are exagerrating how bad things will be post Brexit (If they do leave, which I doubt)

Yeh, it is not as if they are gonna have to stockpile food or anything. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Duty free on a booze cruise to Holyhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Son of a bitch

Duty free on a booze cruise to Holyhead.

That'll be a great day trip, Atlantic. Two hours to Hollyhead and two hours back. Enough time to get stocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We will see for the second time in ten years what our European "partners" really think of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Immigration from Britain will confuse the anti immigration lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

There will be a second referendum and brexit will be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

TheShow wrote: »

This. I would bet my house on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Well the EU have form for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Jacob Rees-Mogg, what a tremendous human being.

Now I know the meaning of: 'Covering your arsé'

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/jacob-rees-mogg-s-group-launches-second-irish-fund-1.3573675

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I'm sure we'll help them out. No country would let a neighbour starve.

If they do succeed it might give other countries ideas about gaining independence from Berlin

It will be made brutally hard for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm not sure a second vote would yield a different result.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Because they ruled out being like Norway or Switzerland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

If they do succeed it might give other countries ideas about gaining independence from Berlin

It will be made brutally hard for them

Can't understand the rose tinted glasses of life before the EU especially in this country

Can't understand the rose tinted glasses of life before the EU especially in this country

2008 changed everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

I'm not sure a second vote would yield a different result.

Me neither.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

There is undoubtedly one huge upside to Brexit - Europe will be free to progress without the whinger at the back trying to stop everthing. Bloody hell. Its been like trying to drive with the handbrake on for the last 40 years. Good riddance I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have you been following it?

They are taking a step back from. One relationship to another.

Its all bad. Just depends how bad.

Zimbabwe? Not sure about your analogy but it'll be bad for Ireland.

There is undoubtedly one huge upside to Brexit - Europe will be free to progress without the whinger at the back trying to stop everthing. Bloody hell. Its been like trying to drive with the handbrake on for the last 40 years. Good riddance I say.

Indeed onward towards a federal superstate...that none of the public were asked about

Progress to what exactly?

What's the endgame of this "project"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This will consume Irish and particularly British policymaking for years.

And all for an unknown desire to have a different relationship with the EU which may or may not be feasible.

There is a certain excitement in that alright. I just wish they would get on with it.
    Never a full fan of the EU, but if Brexit has shown anything it is that the UK hampered the project like you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It might cause a war the British political system is collapsing like a house of tissue paper, the economic crash next year will be beautiful to behold I'd say it'll give 1929 a run for lack of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Agricola wrote: »
    We get to laugh about how so many gullible Brits are hoodwinked by pantomime villains like Jacob Rees Mogg. I mean you can explain Trump on it being American voters in love with the macho, loudmouth, stereotypical Yank that Trump embodies, but the Brits have their very own version of the same concept.

Suck my wrinkly orange presidential ballsack ya leprechaun patty bollix :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I've several €100 bets on this at 7/1 - its now 5/2.

I fully expect to collect.

• Advertisement

No more, or at least less, loud obnoxious Sasanach pricks ruining your holiday over to Spain or wherever

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I've several 100 bets on this at 7/1 - its now 5/2.

I fully expect to collect.

You'll lose your money.

The people steering the ship have no interest in keeping it off the rocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

We will see for the second time in ten years what our European "partners" really think of us

I know what you mean.

All this growth and people out spending money with the restaurants bars and shops full.

It's so dire out there. You can't walk down a main Street of a weekend for the people out and about.

Dire I tells ya.

It would make other nations want to drop out of Europe altogether...

There is a certain excitement in that alright. I just wish they would get on with it.
    Never a full fan of the EU, but if Brexit has shown anything it is that the UK hampered the project like you say.

Francie you are a republican yes

How can you be any sort of a supporter of EU superstate

I know the enemy is getting a hiding but in the back of your mind you know it's not right

I know the enemy is getting a hiding but in the back of your mind you know it's not right

Talk of a superstate is nonsense in my opinion. I never seen the the EU as a threat, I suppose.

There's a few on here that should hand in their part time republican cards..

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Getting Duty free stuff in the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There's a few on here that should hand in their part time republican cards..

Tell us all how you can out republican everyone here.

I'm intrigued with great interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's not going so well for the neighbours. :(

Di8gGPCX4AACOt3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I think we know already. All that would happen is a reaffirmation of previous contempt.

Talk of a superstate is nonsense in my opinion. I never seen the the EU as a threat, I suppose.

What’s your opinion on the Apple billions and wider Eu tax harmonisation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Several of the former eastern block countries are not fully sold on the progress that you envisage.

listermint wrote: »
    Tell us all how you can out republican everyone here.

I'm intrigued with great interest

I'm no republican but I do find it highly laughable from wanting to go from under British rule to Brussels

I hope your intrigue is sataysfied

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/07/german-spd-leader-martinschulz-seeks-united-states-europe-2025/

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Several of the former eastern block countries are not fully sold on the progress that you envisage.

Was never really sold on having them on the bus in the first place. They are a little spoilt, and behaving like nouveau riche forgetting it is membership that has brought them the prosperity. But they'll come around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Why does the EU need to progress? There was nothing wrong with the EEC.

I'm no republican but I do find it highly laughable from wanting to go from under British rule to Brussels

I hope your intrigue is sataysfied

Brussels doesnt rule. We rule. We are Brussels. L'Europe c'est nous.

Why does the EU need to progress? There was nothing wrong with the EEC.

Because it can.

Indeed - and the best thing about it was its potential to be an EU. The EEC only better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

You are aware that stockpiling food is normal? How do you think supermarkets are able to stock certain products year round?

And extra stockpiling is going on just now because of the weather.

Crops are struggling and failing in some areas so supermarkets are buying up supplies now to ensure they have stuff to put on the shelves over the winter. The drought is so bad that 60% of the carrot crop is expected to fail for example.

Its nothing to do with Britex. Its standard practice.

I started a thread about a new United States of Europe soccer team in the soccer forum where we could all share in the glory.

I think it's gaining traction.

I think moving the EU capital to Dublin is worthy of consideration also.

Profound

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement