Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beeping heard all night?

Options
  • 26-07-2018 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, for the last few hours I've been able to hear a beeping noise. I'm on northside, sounds like it's coming from town. If I was to describe it, it sounds like the alarm you hear sometimes when a large door is being opened or closed automatically (like in a warehouse). Anyone else hear it/know what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

The thing is still going. :confused:

Sounds like one of those alarms that go off when a big vehicle is backing up.

Was hearing it myself all night, just stopped there as i'm typing this, it must be an alarm id say, thats all i think it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anyone know where it was coming from? We're in Gurranabraher, I thought it was from town, wife thought further up towards Western Road, but also possibly behind us. :confused:

I thought it was coming from the Sunday's Well direction myself but i could be wrong, my bedroom faces that direction so thats where it was coming from my perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

nerwen wrote: »
    The thing is still going. :confused:

Sounds like one of those alarms that go off when a big vehicle is backing up.

That would imply someone was working unlikely if it's on the Northside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Also heard this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Cape Clear wrote: »
    That would imply someone was working unlikely if it's on the Northside.

Not necessarily. Could be a rake of knackers arriving for their summer vacation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Heard it also when I opened a window that morning from Shandon, got the feeling it was coming from town though.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

I heard it in St. Luke's, near the train station at around 3am. I think I may heard machinery as well, possibly down on the quays somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Jayzus lads I can’t believe how far people heard it. I thought it was just a car parked down the road from me or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Tunnel works?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I was hoping there would be something like this, I just walked from lee road to tesco express by dennehys cross but didn't hear anything until I was just past the water works on my way home...presumed it was coming from st Anns apartments, I was expecting to see a crowd outside having been evacuated due to a fire! Went around the back and into our apartments behind, and it was a bit fainter. With my window open now though, I can hear it loud and clear....

EDIT: Just seen this was two days ago so wondering now, am I hearing a different thing altogether or is it the same noise resurfacing?

I did not hear it last night or the night before so all i can think is that it must be something thats mobile if it is been heard in and from different directions, it must be late night works or something?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

They work on the tracks at night a lot from the tunnel up along could be related to that.

Advertisement