Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you write a shopping list?

2»

Comments

Stigura wrote: »
    Mine:

P7260324.jpg
    I go to town once a week. If that black book isn't in my pocket, I'd be standing in the middle of Main Street, wondering what the hell I was there for :(

Is the black stuff dark matter?

Or Guinness?

Funnily enough; I had a feeling that would happen! :D It's hellishly 'An Aquired Taste'. But, I wouldn't drink tea with anything else in it now ;)

P7260324_2.jpg

My grandfather always had a tablespoon of molasses a day for the vitamins and minerals and he would let me have a big spoonful for myself. I loved turning the spoon round and round, trying to get some to part with the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Funnily enough; I had a feeling that would happen! :D It's hellishly 'An Aquired Taste'. But, I wouldn't drink tea with anything else in it now ;)

P7260324_2.jpg

Darn! That's far too sensible an explanation. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

Malayalam wrote: »
    Darn! That's far too sensible an explanation. :(

Quirky bit is; I used to catch and photograph moths. (Yeah. Ye know; There's not a Lot of 'Night Life' out here! :P) And, there's one whack off big thing that they lure in by smearing molasses on a gate post .....

Then, I woke up, one day to find I was out of sugar! Hells teeth! €20.00 taxi trip into town; Or Think .....

I dimly recollected people had used molasses as a sweetener ..... It hit me like a truck, at first. But, by the end of the jar? I never looked back!

And That, children, is how I met ye mother! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Quirky bit is; I used to catch and photograph moths. (Yeah. Ye know; There's not a Lot of 'Night Life' out here! :P) And, there's one whack off big thing that they lure in by smearing molasses on a gate post .....

Then, I woke up, one day to find I was out of sugar! Hells teeth! €20.00 taxi trip into town; Or Think .....

I dimly recollected people had used molasses as a sweetener ..... It hit me like a truck, at first. But, by the end of the jar? I never looked back!

And That, children, is how I met ye mother! :pac:

Haha ya weirdo :)

(And there was I thinking you were trading the spuds for opium...)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    We do, it's normally a list of the essentials. Then i'd always fill the space left in the trolley with ice cream and treats :)

I plan to get a chalk board for the kitchen, so that when we run out of something, say, tin foil, we jot it on the chalk board and snap a picture before going shopping. So we shouldn't come home from the shop thinking 'boll0x, forgot the f*cking tin foil' 3 weeks in a row :)

That's my method!! It works well for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Meal plan for the week Sunday lunchtime, then shop for the week. It’s stopped me from having a fridge full of gone off bits and no actual food. Saves money and hassle in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

kylith wrote: »
    Meal plan for the week Sunday lunchtime, then shop for the week. It’s stopped me from having a fridge full of gone off bits and no actual food. Saves money and hassle in the long run.

I suppose we sort of do this but we'd do it in our heads in the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I suppose we sort of do this but we'd do it in our heads in the shop.
    I like to have it all down, then I can make a list of what the recipes need, cross off what we have, and the rest is the shopping list.

Can come in handy to have it written down. I was humming and hawing about what to have last night and himself went ‘what’s on the menu for today?’ And that was it: the decision was out of my hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

kylith wrote: »
    I like to have it all down, then I can make a list of what the recipes need, cross off what we have, and the rest is the shopping list.

Can come in handy to have it written down. I was humming and hawing about what to have last night and himself went ‘what’s on the menu for today?’ And that was it: the decision was out of my hands.

I don't really decided on dinners until I get to the supermarket/butchers. I like to see what's on offer/fresh.
    I know all the spices/ingredients I have in my cubbords tough.

Advertisement