Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV 2nd year

Options
  • 26-07-2018 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hi guys ive done just under 3 months seeding work in Western Australia we done long hours and 6 and 7 day weeks and im just wondering can anyone reccomend someone in Sydney to look into my 2nd year application as i dont want to apply if im not up to date on my regional i have no problem heading back out if needs be but i would rather not as im after getting a nice job offer here lately which could eventually lead to sponsorship and plus life's pretty good in county bondi as they say. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Better living everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If you have your 88 days done, signed off, have copies of pays slips/banking records then you should be ok to apply. From memory 7 years ago I just filled in the dates of where and when I worked and it was granted. Obviously if you got audited you need to be able to prove you did the 88 days, so its important to keep the documents. Email them to yourself is a good way to never lose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

pete4130 wrote: »
    If you have your 88 days done, signed off, have copies of pays slips/banking records then you should be ok to apply. From memory 7 years ago I just filled in the dates of where and when I worked and it was granted. Obviously if you got audited you need to be able to prove you did the 88 days, so its important to keep the documents. Email them to yourself is a good way to never lose them.

Done a count this evening have 77 days done but the company im going to can get me a month in a rural area. I have copies of the payslips and a summary of pay from the farm, does it matter that ive done near 3 months on a farm and ill do 1 month on a construction job?

Better living everyone

You need to make sure the type of work you do complies with the rules for counting as rural work and they are in an appropriate postcode. It's usually primary work such as agriculture, fishing and when I did my rural work, mining was included (which is what I did).

Theres no point spending a month doing construction work and it doesn't qualify or its not in the right postcode.

It doesn't matter how you do the 88 days once it ticks the boxes for being in the right postcode and the right type of work. You could do a day here, a day there a few days somewhere else as you travelled if you wanted to.

Just get those extra days done and you'll be set for WHV2!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

pete4130 wrote: »
    You need to make sure the type of work you do complies with the rules for counting as rural work and they are in an appropriate postcode. It's usually primary work such as agriculture, fishing and when I did my rural work, mining was included (which is what I did).

Theres no point spending a month doing construction work and it doesn't qualify or its not in the right postcode.

It doesn't matter how you do the 88 days once it ticks the boxes for being in the right postcode and the right type of work. You could do a day here, a day there a few days somewhere else as you travelled if you wanted to.

Just get those extra days done and you'll be set for WHV2!.

Think the postcode is ok, wotk would be on a road project

Better living everyone

From http://www.visabureau.com/australia/specified-work.aspx

Specified Work in Australia
    Visa Bureau is not affiliated with the Australian Government but is an independent UK company. Australian visas are available from the Australian Government at a lower cost or for free when you apply directly. Our comprehensive visa and immigration services include immigration advice from registered migration agents, an exceptional success rate, document checking and visa processing.
    There are many different industries you can work in to complete your specified work requirement in order to qualify for your second year visa. While you shouldn't have a problem securing the required evidence from an employer, you should always check with any potential employer before beginning work that they are willing to sign you off.

Note: You should also remember that your seasonal work has to be completed in regional Australia.

Here is a full list of industries and jobs you can work in which qualify as specified work:

Plant and animal cultivation
    Cultivating or propagating plants, fungi or their products or parts
    General maintenance crop work
    Harvesting and/or packing fruit and vegetable crops
    Immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery in an abattoir, packing and tanning

Note: Secondary processing of animal products, such as small goods processing and retail butchery is not eligible

Immediate processing of plant products
    Maintaining animals for the purpose of selling them or their bodily produce, including natural increase
    Manufacturing dairy produce from raw material
    Pruning and trimming vines and trees.
    Felling trees in a plantation or forest
    Planting or tending trees in a plantation or forest that are intended to be felled
    Transporting trees or parts of trees that were felled in a plantation or forest to the place where they are first to be milled or processed or from which they are to be transported to the place where they are to be milled or processed.
    Fishing and pearling
    Conducting operations relating directly to taking or catching fish and other aquatic species
    Conducting operations relating directly to taking or culturing pearls or pearl shell.
    Tree farming and felling
    Mining
    Coal mining
    Construction material engineering
    Exploration
    Metal ore mining
    Mining support services
    Oil and gas extraction
    Other non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying.
    Construction
    Building completion services
    Building installation services
    Building structure services
    Heavy and civil engineering construction
    Land development and site preparation services
    Non-residential building construction
    Residential building construction
    Other construction services

• Advertisement
Advertisement