Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

golf lessons - dublin

Options
  • 26-07-2018 8:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi - could anyone recommend a name for golf lessons in Dublin.

Comments

John Kelly

Hugh Feeney in Spawell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

A bit more detail might help people point you in the right direction.

What part of Dublin are you based?
    What level of golf are you at?
    What part of your game are you looking to work on?
    What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

Everything spacecoyote said...

But not having that, I take lessons in north Dublin at http://kinsealy-grange.com/ with Eoin Gibbons. Great instructor and he includes trackman with every session. World to the wise though, he books up weeks ahead of time so you have to plan ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

johnkelly1 wrote: »
    Hi - could anyone recommend a name for golf lessons in Dublin.
    Exactly wrote: »
    John Kelly

has to be :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

But not having that, I take lessons in north Dublin at http://kinsealy-grange.com/ with Eoin Gibbons. Great instructor and he includes trackman with every session. World to the wise though, he books up weeks ahead of time so you have to plan ahead.

Plus one for Eoin, guarantee of a handicap cut. Best pro I have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

with Eoin Gibbons. Great instructor and he includes trackman with every session. World to the wise though, he books up weeks ahead of time so you have to plan ahead.

Got a few lessons from Eoin, wasn't impressed and found that we were working on different things each week which were totally unrelated to my swing. I didn't use my last 2 lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

mike12 wrote: »
    Plus one for Eoin, guarantee of a handicap cut. Best pro I have used.

He guarantees a handicap cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

Any other recommendations?

Looking for more consistently in the swing (up and down between 9-10 handicap every week)

Kevin Foy, Eoin Gibbons, Ciaran Hegarty, Eamonn Brady?

Anyone have any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Any other recommendations?

Looking for more consistently in the swing (up and down between 9-10 handicap every week)

Kevin Foy, Eoin Gibbons, Ciaran Hegarty, Eamonn Brady?

Anyone have any experience?

Haven't any personal experience of those guys but a friend of mine off around 1 or scratch uses Kevin Foy and speaks very highly of him.

I find David Kearney in Carton House very good. Very much into working with what you bring to the table rather than reinventing the wheel. Plus has a trackman too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

Russman wrote: »
    Haven't any personal experience of those guys but a friend of mine off around 1 or scratch uses Kevin Foy and speaks very highly of him.

I find David Kearney in Carton House very good. Very much into working with what you bring to the table rather than reinventing the wheel. Plus has a trackman too.

Any idea if Kevin Foy uses a launch monitor?

What price is David Kearney?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Russman wrote: »

YMMV but I found that I didn't actually get to hit the ball very much with David Kearney so often left frustrated, fewer than 10 shots in a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Any idea if Kevin Foy uses a launch monitor?

What price is David Kearney?

No idea if he does or not. I think he has a private bay in Stepaside driving range (I may be thinking of someone else, not 100% sure on that tbh)

Can't remember exactly David's price, its been a year or so since I was with him. Its not exorbitant though, around €50 I think.
    GreeBo wrote: »
    YMMV but I found that I didn't actually get to hit the ball very much with David Kearney so often left frustrated, fewer than 10 shots in a lesson.

I know what you mean. I found that when I started with him, I hit a lot more shots, as I had work to do on my swing, but as time went by, it became more "playing shots" as opposed to technique, which I liked.

GreeBo wrote: »

As an alternative, out in Carton, I've had a lesson with Kelan McDonagh, who's one of the assistant pros, and found him really good.

Worked with Trackman. Didn't attempt to re-invent my swing, just made very small tweaks & seems to tailor his approach to what you want.

With lessons, I don't really like to get too technical & jargon filled, so he didn't do that. I've a friend who went to him separately, and loves getting into the real technical nitty-gritty of the swing, and he was happy to delve into it with him.

A very nice guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Hazel Kavangh in leopardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

Any recommendations for any of the pros at the Halpenny Driving Range at the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

has anyone used a coach specifically for putting. 35 pts in the weekly stableford but putting let me down so many times when a 1 or 2 putt was possible

kod12 wrote: »
    has anyone used a coach specifically for putting. 35 pts in the weekly stableford but putting let me down so many times when a 1 or 2 putt was possible

A couple of people I know have gone to Brian O'Brien in Castlewarden & had putting lessons with him which they found good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Bottle wrote: »
    Any recommendations for any of the pros at the Halpenny Driving Range at the airport?
    Also wondering about this if anyone has any recommendations

I just want to know if John Kelly went to John Kelly for lessons :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Also wondering about this if anyone has any recommendations

Not sure who is there any more.
    I'd go to the grange in kinsealy if I were u.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Steven Quinlan has just opened a new tuition or fitting service SQ Golf in Celbridge Golf Range using flightscope X2 elite launch monitor and has an Introduction OFFER. Worth a visit especially if you are thinking of any new equipment (no connection other than he has done some fittings for me and I have been very pleased with the result)

https://www.adverts.ie/drivers/golf-services/16268778

Professional golf tuition available on all aspects of the game including Flightscope figures €40 for 45 mins. (excludes balls)

30min full bag gap testing and distance analysis €30 (excludes balls)

Full custom fitting service available with all the latest components. See what improvements the latest technology can make to your game €30 for 30 min (1 component) €50 for 60mins (full bag analysis) (excludes balls)

Contact details available on www.sqgolf.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

What ever happened the guys that were in Park west. They were brilliant imo. But was around 2010

Anyone recommend someone who wont try change everything

I am a 19 with a unique swing but limited flexibility due to medical reasons

But love someone who would work with what I have rather than trying get me a tour swing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Hi guys, looking for somebody in north Wicklow to help me with my slice off the tee, any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

gypsy79 wrote: »

But love someone who would work with what I have rather than trying get me a tour swing

Deirdre Judge would be good for above

Got me from 8 to 4 with a fairly unusual swing.

But besides that , she will work with what you have and not over complicate it.

Nice way that is not - I am the pro sort of way about her.

She works with all levels.

Looks like she has entered 'real world' and now works in HR for Accenture!

Peter O'Hagan so in Luttrelstown

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Looks like she has entered 'real world' and now works in HR for Accenture!

No way.

Must have been me that made her change :D

• Advertisement

No way.

Must have been me that made her change :D

not surprising :D

Advertisement