Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberries

Options
  • 26-07-2018 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I planted 3 or 4 raspberries canes a few years back. I made a few mistakes. Firstly I planted them too close to an existing hedge. So it's now very difficult to protect them from the birds and I can't access one side of them at all. Secondly I was unaware of how invasive they are, they have spread all over the place and it's now just a big messy clump, which I am getting little or no fruit from cause the birds are getting there before me.

So I am going to cut them out and start again. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Firstly, is there some varieties that are less invasive than others? One that will grow in a nice tidy bush without spreading? And maybe not too tall making it easier to cover with netting.

I am thinking I'll go with 4 in a row perpendicular to the hedge this time rather that parallel like before. How far apart should they be planted?

Comments

Advertisement