Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inner Tube Sizing

Options
  • 26-07-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Need to get a spare tube, not around home my usual bike shop not an option.

The tube I have is continental 18/25-622/630, but I can't seem to see that size on wiggle?

Sorry I know it's a simple question, but I made a mistake with tube sizing years back and basically left me stranded for 3 hours till someone could collect me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Best off to look at the size of the tyre (should be on the sidewall), and match the tube to that. Realistically though, any tube that's 700c (equivalent to the 622 you list) and 18-25 or 20-25 or thereabouts should be fine. The first of these refers to the size of the wheel the tube is to fit (needs to be matched up closely, 26" tubes won't fit 700c wheels, for example), and the second is the size of the cross-section of the tube, and generally tubes fit a range in this measurement, hence the 18/25 you currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

cython wrote: »
    Best off to look at the size of the tyre (should be on the sidewall), and match the tube to that. Realistically though, any tube that's 700c (equivalent to the 622 you list) and 18-25 or 20-25 or thereabouts should be fine. The first of these refers to the size of the wheel the tube is to fit (needs to be matched up closely, 26" tubes won't fit 700c wheels, for example), and the second is the size of the cross-section of the tube, and generally tubes fit a range in this measurement, hence the 18/25 you currently have.

The tube I have is the proper one for the tyres and wheels I have. just need to get a spare. Always like to carry 2 for longer spins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm looking at an old tube here it has 18/25 622/630 on it

It's a Continental Race Light
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/continental-race-28-light-tube/rp-prod18912

That said the standard Conti Race 20-25 would fine unless the weight is important, more robust and less expensive too.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just for the crack I unrolled a spare Conti Race 28 and printed on it -

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
Advertisement