Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On the lookout for a new car

• 26-07-2018 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi all i am on the lookout for a secondhand car. I see a lot of Insignia's in my price range but have come across a few of them with noisy flywheels. Is this an issue with these cars should I stay away from them?

I am now thinking I might look at older cars so I have more chose of different brands I have seen a lovely 2006 honda accord wagon. I have also seen a 2008 accord not as nice looking but newer. some 2009 saab 93's but they are all older than the Insignia's I have seen 2010's in my price range.

What car would you go for an older better brand car or the newer car?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the budget and milage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Budget about €5000 would do a little under 20,000 a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stay well away from Insignias, most of them will be jaded money pits at that age and price point. Flywheels are the least of their problems.

Mondeo 2.0 TDCi would be a good choice in that price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You do know you have to pay VRT on top of that price down here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You'd get the same car here for almost the same it would cost you to import.
    At 5k I wouldn't go anywhere near the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I have my mint condition 2006 saab 93 for sale..

Oh yeah, op check out his ad. 200 odd horsepower from a 2.0 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bear1 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, op check out his ad. 200 odd horsepower from a 2.0 ;)

Meh, my 1995 Mitsubishi did that without a turbo :)

OP, it’s worth getting a better brand over a newer car, you’re talking a 9/10 year old cars vs an 8 year old car, they’re all relatively old anyway.

Might sound like I’m contradicting myself, but for €5k a well minded Laguna III would be worth a look.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-laguna-diesel-tax-e280-2010/18745613

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd take this over your well minded Laguna, two years older though https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-c-class-auto-nct-amptax-19-leather/19393508

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I have my mint condition 2006 saab 93 for sale..
    Can you post a link please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Hi all i am on the lookout for a secondhand car. I see a lot of Insignia's in my price range but have come across a few of them with noisy flywheels. Is this an issue with these cars should I stay away from them?

I am now thinking I might look at older cars so I have more chose of different brands I have seen a lovely 2006 honda accord wagon. I have also seen a 2008 accord not as nice looking but newer. some 2009 saab 93's but they are all older than the Insignia's I have seen 2010's in my price range.

What car would you go for an older better brand car or the newer car?

Make sure you do a motorcheck.ie report, email or ring them they’ll give you a discount voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Meh, my 1995 Mitsubishi did that without a turbo :)

OP, it’s worth getting a better brand over a newer car, you’re talking a 9/10 year old cars vs an 8 year old car, they’re all relatively old anyway.

Might sound like I’m contradicting myself, but for €5k a well minded Laguna III would be worth a look.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-laguna-diesel-tax-e280-2010/18745613
    I would be going for this also. Mileage is so low that it should be almost like a new car

Advertisement