Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you mostly use cash or card?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Steve F wrote: »
    Thanks
    Just to clarify, there is as yet no way to "hack" the chip & PIN or contactless cards and clone them.

If someone is using your card fraudulently, then they can only have either gotten the details (number, expiry & CVV) from a database, or have skimmed the magnetic strip and then used the card in an older ATM or in a country/retailer that doesn't require chip & PIN.

You'll see videos going around of people using contactless machines in public to take payment from cards in peoples' pockets, but this isn't really a "hack" or a scam. Low-level fraud at best, where the bank is the victim, not you.
    The payments taken by those machines still have to be processed by an authorised payment processor; criminals can't just whip up a fake card machine in their workshop and take money from your account.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Revolut for groceries, retail and other discretionary spend.

Bank transfer or direct debit for bills, rent, travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭appledrop

Mostly cash
    Well the bank knew that it was only online transactions that were tried so who knows how they got the details. I had card at all time so probably hacked some online website that I have previous brought stuff from. Although strange as I buy very little online + only use ones that are secure.

Advertisement