Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2018 - Round 12 – Hungary

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

AMKC wrote: »
    Not Ferrari's weekend at all. They just did not seem to be on form this weekend. First there was the rain in quali and then two slow pit stops and the wrong strategy as well in the race.

Daniel Riccardo drove a great race and had to be driver of the day. Hamilton had it easy. Gasly and Hartley done good too.

It was an ok race but nothing great.

Four weeks till the next race now.

Going to be quiet in here Id say.

I couldn't understand their strategy at all. They need to get Seb ahead of Hamilton. Pitting Kimi early was just to move Seb ahead of Bottas. Felt they should have put Kimi on softs At start and used him to slow Hamilton down to allow Seb build a lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I couldn't understand their strategy at all. They need to get Seb ahead of Hamilton. Pitting Kimi early was just to move Seb ahead of Bottas. Felt they should have put Kimi on softs At start and used him to slow Hamilton down to allow Seb build a lead.

For this they would have needed to jump them at the start, but were nearly overcome by Sainz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Amazing drive by Bottas to slow down the ferraris. He is so bad that he is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Last year was the reverse result before Bottas dropped back in the end.

2017 Ferrari 1-2, Mercedes 3-4

2018 Mercedes were heading for a 1-2 Ferrari 3-4 but we all know the end result.

I can't understand why the stewards are issuing penalties that they know full well won't effect the result.

The last 2 races have shown us all what we already knew about Valtteri, he is a clear number 2 and Christian Wolff confirmed it with the wingman comment.
    And what did Toto Horner think of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

As far as I know it's till a max of three yeah. It's one thing that drives me bananas seeing it, blue flag, get out of the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Pretty textbook stuff from Hamilton, he loves that track.

Thats 2 races where you could argue that Ferrari and Vettel should have come out with max points, and they just come away with 18.

• Advertisement

Harika wrote: »
    For this they would have needed to jump them at the start, but were nearly overcome by Sainz.

Buy Kimi goes long and is ahead of Hamilton after Hamilton stopped gives them a chance to do what Bottas did to Seb.

Allow seb build a lead to pit and come out ahead of Hamilton.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Buy Kimi goes long and is ahead of Hamilton after Hamilton stopped gives them a chance to do what Bottas did to Seb.

Allow seb build a lead to pit and come out ahead of Hamilton.

Hamilton was not in danger of being undercut, so he could wait until everyone else pitted. What you envision is the same as Ferrari did, just with Vettel instead of Kimi who had to pit as his tyres went away and like Bottas he would have struggled to keep Hamilton behind if he went crazy in like 45 laps while keeping up the speed to not let Hamilton pit and come out in front of him.

Harika wrote: »
    Hamilton was not in danger of being undercut, so he could wait until everyone else pitted. What you envision is the same as Ferrari did, just with Vettel instead of Kimi who had to pit as his tyres went away and like Bottas he would have struggled to keep Hamilton behind if he went crazy in like 45 laps while keeping up the speed to not let Hamilton pit and come out in front of him.

Kimi goes long stint 1. He only needs to be within 18 seconds of Hamilton when Hamilton pits and just stay ahead for 5-10 laps to enable Seb to maybe get enough of a lead over Hamilton to at least be within range. That's doable in Hungary esp as Mercs seem to be poor when they are close to cars in front.

They botched two pit stops yesterday which cost seb any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Missed the race thanks to a power cut but watched it today, wasn't great. Bottas Vettel incident looked like Bottas' fault to me. His tyres were gone to mush and he understeered into Vettel then did exactly the same to Danny Ric.

That race leaves no doubt in both Mercedes & Ferrari who the number 1 drivers are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ha , nice one for Gasly

"As soon as I started to arrive behind the Williams, I think [it was] actually the first time I saw blue flags for cars ahead of me," said Gasly.

"So when I saw that, I thought, 'F*ck, it means I am doing a good race now'.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137754/blue-flags-made-gasly-aware-how-good-race-was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7486207/2fdf1689/sky_sports_ontdekt_groepje_max_fans.html

Not sure who learned him the little Dutch word at the end and whether they told him what it means. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

inforfun wrote: »
    https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7486207/2fdf1689/sky_sports_ontdekt_groepje_max_fans.html

Not sure who learned him the little Dutch word at the end and whether they told him what it means. :D

Short version of godverdomme. I suppose he's tyring to say "damn! good job"

Advertisement