Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any feeds to close personal current account?

Options
  • 26-07-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I tried so hard not to do this, but I am at the stage of being fed up with BOI.
    I want to switch to another bank, but I need to know if any fees would apply to close the account.

I have no outstanding payments.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi lovegalway

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

There is no actual charge for the account closure request. Just to mention, on a personal current account transaction and maintenance fees may be due on your account. These are part of the quarterly banking fees that you may have noticed previously leaving your account. If you would like to check how much maybe due, you can login www.365online.com and send an Ask A Question through our Service Desk facility.

You can request to close the account online here- https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/close-current-account/ Just to mention, if you have a credit balance on the account, you can nominate an account for the balance to be transferred to. Any present quarterly fees due will be automatically deducted before the balance is transferred.

We're very disappointed to hear you maybe unhappy and if we can help in anyway please do reach out to us here. We would be very sorry to lose you as a customer.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement