Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2018, July 26, Stage 18: Trie-sur-Baïse > Pau

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Who's 2nd in the green jersey??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

neris wrote: »
    Who's 2nd in the green jersey??

Kristoff. He's about a million points behind Sagan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

mloc123 wrote:
    Tweet from Greipel now deleted. But the general outline was that Demare almost matched Quintanas time up the final climb, did he not know everyones GPS was tracked.

Is the GPS the thing sticking out from underneath the saddles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

nc6000 wrote: »
    Is the GPS the thing sticking out from underneath the saddles?

As far as I know it is - you can follow the data live here during stages:

https://velon.cc/

• Advertisement

They have another device on the none drive side chain stay too I think, not sure what that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Melodeon

They have another device on the none drive side chain stay too I think, not sure what that is.

I think that's the timing transponder, read by the timing equipment on the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Speaking of Rasmussen.. I quite enjoy following him on twitter, no bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

mloc123 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ArnaudDemare/status/1022187287147425792

Tweet from Greipel now deleted. But the general outline was that Demare almost matched Quintanas time up the final climb, did he not know everyones GPS was tracked.

Was also alleged that he got a tow from his team car on the Cipressa while chasing back from a crash in the 2016 Milan San Remo that he went on to win...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

letape wrote: »
    Was also alleged that he got a tow from his team car on the Cipressa while chasing back from a crash in the 2016 Milan San Remo that he went on to win...

Alleged? It was bloody obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mloc123 wrote: »
    Yeah, the internet doesn't really work like that. :D

https://twitter.com/anthiery/status/1022281924700778496

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

In fairness Greipel backed off and apologised after Demare sent him his actual data. And apparently the Bora car followed Demare up the last climb as well! So whatever about previous times, even in this tour, I don't think it happened this time. The picking on Demare seems purely based on San Remo, imo, as no questions asked of Kristoff, Colbrelli, Laporte, Dege et al who have all made the time cuts. I mean Kristoff looks like he should be asking questions in the fat burning thread*!

Also Demare would be considered one of the better climbers out of the sprinters too. Was it this year or last year he won an mini mur de bretagne style sprint in Paris Nice?

*I do like him as a rider, but...

Advertisement