Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlann: Up the reek without a coddle - 26/07 two 18 so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

She started out well enough. ...but she's getting a bit too excusey for him now. He didn't associate those kids /images as real ppl? Even if it were just animation .....If u choose to access a cartoon of kids being raped. ....you are no better. The minute u click on a link you are in the zone .....when u click on the second link ....you're a paedophile. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Oh my God its wrecking my head now that ye pointed it out, its all the time now. thanks a bunch
    ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the mother does not think he's not a pedophile ? There is a big problem straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭mountain

Joe leans closer to the mike and whispers,

Do you think your son is a pedophile?

Joe’s a creep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

What was the son's name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

how is he going to go from this to ramping up the Raddison Blue Hotel?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    What was the son's name

here !

1595-lobster-dinner.jpg
    how is he going to go from this to ramping up the Raddison Blue Hotel?

this will help

6000 images and 600 odd videos downloaded, a paedophilia handbook, a guide to not being caught , is not the same as watching the odd execution video Mary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Here's Mama Tina..Mad as a box of frogs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

6000 images and 600 odd videos downloaded, a paedophilia handbook, a guide to not being caught , is not the same as watching the odd execution video Mary.

What do you propose for this teenager? A lynch mob?

Good woman, tell it how it is. She has experienced the children in vietnam first hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

BarryD2 wrote: »

He is almost 21

not his mother coming on national radio making half arsed excuses for him anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

will Joe remind us that Funny Friday is on tomorrow

Joe's having kittens. He's not fit to present the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Powerful stuff.

Joe kept quiet, which is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Why is that fat useless f**k apologizing for what that woman said if it’s the truth

Don't be ridiculous. Where did I suggest that? What do you propose ? Therapy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I take it he won't be covering the "Granny or indeed Grandad or heh heh aunt grant" today.

She didn't sign up for this. She shouldn't be making this about her, which as her primary reason for going on the show.

Me, Me, I, I, my, my,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭boardise

Can't whack a good empathy competition.

Christ, what a heavy show on the last week. We've come a long way from rude taxi drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Though you could make a strong case for jailing people for watching execution videos, for the exact same reason as the indecent ones.

Your average middle aged paedo living down the road didn't wake up on his 40th birthday and suddenly fancy babies. He too was 16 once. Just because this lad was caught at 19 doesn't mean it was just an exploratory phase he would have grown out of. You don't 'grow out' of paedophilia. This guy will still be a paedo when he's 90 in my view. You can't make excuses for him cause he's young. He has not been caught shoplifting sweets.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    Though you could make a strong case for jailing people for watching execution videos, for the exact same reason as the indecent ones.

disgusting behaviour too, but if the executions were legal, then nothing more than disgusting

Very different.

One is illegal, the other isn't. (yet)

Not that difficult to comprehend. Maybe viewing ISIS or other terror related executions may become illegal in the not so distant future given that they have been proven now to influence individuals and it is far worse than merely a rubber necking problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Very different.

One is illegal, the other isn't. (yet)

Not that difficult to comprehend. Maybe viewing ISIS or other terror related executions may become illegal in the not so distant future given that they have been proven now to influence individuals and it is far worse than merely a rubber necking problem.

That's what I was referring to : ISIS beheadings and the like. You could certainly use the same arguments for jailing people for watching these.

That's what I was referring to : ISIS beheadings and the like. You could certainly use the same arguments for jailing people for watching these.

You couldn't though. Because they are not illegal to view. There is no legal argument there (at the moment)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Those experts must find it difficult to explain the big variation in listenership between programmes, if everyone just leaves the radio on the same station. For instance D'Arcy drops about 170,000 listeners compared to Liveline.

But of course if the figures are made up then that would explain it. I asked you before to supply the actual listenership figures from your expert group, but you never came up with an answer.

We've had this conversation before. I have never stated there's an alternative set of figures (no idea where you got that? Nice condescension on the "expert group" comment btw, Joe would be proud of you!), what I said was the figures are disputed by almost all, if not all of the media buyers in Dublin. But don't take my word for it, believe what you want.

Or take the time (as I previously) suggested to ring an ad agency and if a media buyer will speak to you, they'll confirm the above - if they're speaking frankly. They may of course be wary of saying anything to a random outsider, but seeing as I have 20 years of working in and around the industry what would i know? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    Be there or Be square
    DjhLkHrWsAAkAN1.jpg:large

No Syl Fox? No Doc Savage? I'm out.

Having never heard of her, I had to goo-gull Enya Martin. Having just watched some of her work, I think it's safe to say she'll be at home on Funny Fryday:

TWODAY'S FunnyFrydaze De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 150
    Joe Shows: 119
    No Show Joe Shows: 31
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 31

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 26
    PBH guest appearances and dat: 1
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0
    Good Fryday No Show by nobody at all at all: 1

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Fateen's Estimated Fees (De FEF Matrix so to speak) to date dis year:
    AT LEAST €297,500*

(not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).
    King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.
    I'm including Good Fryday as a Wurkday as it is not an official Bank Holiday/Holiday Day. Even Pat Kenny is in Newstalk FFS, but no-one in RTE of course of course.

DON'T FORGET -
    "We're here all summer" sez he

2smiggy wrote: »
    1595-lobster-dinner.jpg

this will help

Dat's a nice starter, wat's de main course caller?

Phew, was at doc’s (asking for Versatis if you must know) so missed a lot tewday. So many posts, prewving it is such a popular show, de mouthpiece of de peeeeeple wit Morehair at de buttons sotospeak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

We've had this conversation before. I have never stated there's an alternative set of figures (no idea where you got that? Nice condescension on the "expert group" comment btw, Joe would be proud of you!), what I said was the figures are disputed by almost all, if not all of the media buyers in Dublin. But don't take my word for it, believe what you want.

Or take the time (as I previously) suggested to ring an ad agency and if a media buyer will speak to you, they'll confirm the above - if they're speaking frankly. They may of course be wary of saying anything to a random outsider, but seeing as I have 20 years of working in and around the industry what would i know? :rolleyes:

I don't need to ring anyone. I am happy to accept the JNLR figures as correct. You could convince me to change me to change my mind if you can give the reason that JNLR are supposedly falsifying the figures.

And ask your friends for a ballpark figure. If they know that Liveline has not been getting 350K to 400K listeners over the last few years, then just tell me is it less than 100K, between 100 and 200, or higher than that.

I don't need to ring anyone. I am happy to accept the JNLR figures as correct. You could convince me to change me to change my mind if you can give the reason that JNLR are supposedly falsifying the figures.

And ask your friends for a ballpark figure. If they know that Liveline has not been getting 350K to 400K listeners over the last few years, then just tell me is it less than 100K, between 100 and 200, or higher than that.

Ah I never said they were falsifying figures. I said there’s no faith in them, a completely different thing altogether. It’s a “rubbish in, rubbish out” data argument.

WHOY do you think there’s so little paid advertising on Da Lahv Lahn? Think about it logically. If you were a media buyer the easiest thing to do to achieve audience reach numbers would be to buy ads on the most listened to show on RTE, wouldn’t it? Unless of course you had little faith in the quality of the research (JNLR in this case).

But hey, don’t trust the professionals, just go with your own opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It's the quality of the listernership, too.
    Obviously, the marketeers have looked more closely than anyone else and decided that they'd rather not pyss their money up a wall. Their clients would not be pleased at sinking money into ads that are placed where they will do them no good. Arses get kicked and agencies lose clients for calls like that.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Ah I never said they were falsifying figures. I said there’s no faith in them, a completely different thing altogether. It’s a “rubbish in, rubbish out” data argument.

WHOY do you think there’s so little paid advertising on Da Lahv Lahn? Think about it logically. If you were a media buyer the easiest thing to do to achieve audience reach numbers would be to buy ads on the most listened to show on RTE, wouldn’t it? Unless of course you had little faith in the quality of the research (JNLR in this case).

But hey, don’t trust the professionals, just go with your own opinion.

That makes sense to me. If RTE and the Government want to send out their propaganda, do it when there are a high number of listeners.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    It's the quality of the listernership, too.
    Obviously, the marketeers have looked more closely than anyone else and decided that they'd rather not pyss their money up a wall. Their clients would not be pleased at sinking money into ads that are placed where they will do them no good. Arses get kicked and agencies lose clients for calls like that.

There's proof of the contempt in which this forum holds the listenership. Despite me being told that it is the host and RTE which are the legitimate targets for abuse.

• Advertisement

That makes sense to me. If RTE and the Government want to send out their propaganda, do it when there are a high number of listeners.

Govt. also less likely to question and/or indeed understand the process or the outputs.

I’ve told the story before of how the MD of an Ad. Agency in Dublin told me that when Govt. Tenders come in they jack up the prices as to them (the Govt.) the most expensive is the best, ignoring the quality of the creative content. That’s the short version.

There's proof of the contempt in which this forum holds the listenership. Despite me being told that it is the host and RTE which are the legitimate targets for abuse.

Wow, that’s a bit of a leap now in fairness based on the previous comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

There you go leaping to things again.
    The very lack of advertising speaks volumes about the audience (and the presenter). If LL listeners were ready and able to part with their cash for something, don't you think the advertisers would be all over it, queueing up at the RTE door to pay for a slot?
    Use your loaf.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lads aaaaaand ladies. Let's do a survey of every ad next week. See how much time is spent on actual ads as opposed to RTE and public service stuff. I'm going to be fairly busy but I'll try to put a stopwatch on any breaks that I can. Sort the wheat from the chaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

sligojoek wrote: »
    Lads aaaaaand ladies. Let's do a survey of every ad next week. See how much time is spent on actual ads as opposed to RTE and public service stuff. I'm going to be fairly busy but I'll try to put a stopwatch on any breaks that I can. Sort the wheat from the chaff.

Sounds like a plan.... I reckon 85% of ads will be self serving RTE license fee propaganda dross.

sligojoek wrote: »

Good idea and it has been tried before by the long departed snubbs.

One caveat: 1 week is likely too small a sample size and won’t likely be reflective of the fuller year’s experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

are-you-ready-to-laugh.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement