Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlann: Up the reek without a coddle - 26/07 two 18 so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

are-you-ready-to-laugh.jpg

Why ?
    Are you going to scramble RTE Radio off air from 1.45 - 4.30 ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

are-you-ready-to-laugh.jpg

thanks for the reminder/warning, I would have tuned in !!

Good idea and it has been tried before by the long departed snubbs.

One caveat: 1 week is likely too small a sample size and won’t likely be reflective of the fuller year’s experience.

De winter munths wud probably be more representative seeing dat many of de listeners do be sizzlin in Benidorm an dat, so advertisers wouldn’t want to be spendin too many bucks on absent ears whereas day will be back in harness from September all wit ears glewed to de radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

De winter munths wud probably be more representative seeing dat many of de listeners do be sizzlin in Benidorm an dat, so advertisers wouldn’t want to be spendin too many bucks on absent ears whereas day will be back in harness from September all wit ears glewed to de radio.

The summer months are traditionally quieter as it's holidays hollibobs season but the industry picks up in the last 2 weeks of August with back to school etc., then from Sept. - Christmas it's busy with De Cu Wurd (not dat wan, de udder wan).

But according to de JNLR dxhound the audience rarely changes so it should be all good.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

2smiggy wrote: »
    thanks for the reminder/warning, I would have tuned in !!

Indeed; a timely reminder to go and clean the cat litter tray - that's always better for a good guffaw.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

???

honeybear wrote: »
    ???

A Funny Friday warning :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

"FUNNY" Friday
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

My god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

great, over a year's worth of Shania Twain radio ads heading our way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

dvcireland wrote: »
    great, over a year's worth of Shania Twain radio ads heading our way.

was announced ages ago, obviously struggling to sell tickets at 100 quid a pop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

In th first 15 mins he has a go at Ross, Halligan Varadkar and Trump under the pretence of satire. Name-drops 4 rte heads.
    Well done Well done.

sligojoek wrote: »
    In th first 15 mins he has a go at Ross, Halligan Varadkar and Trump under the pretence of satire. Name-drops 4 rte heads.
    Well done Well done.

your listening :eek::eek:

a braver man than me !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

It is BK in de flesh!

even though there is a german lady talking on moncrief talking about free births , while standing up, which is to be followed by 'big foot erotica' . I'm not sure which is worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is this song part of the comedy?

So de Lahvlahn crew are in attendance at the Pope in the Park gig on de Sunday. That’ll be a big fat bonus for all.

Joe sez he has to “up” his accent now he’s in Co Clare and is this calling de Radisson Blew the Radisson Bleu, dats being posh sez he.

Talkin abouh takin things down a knotch.

Oh boy Daniel impression. Thats it I'm calling a halt to dis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

greatest funny Friday ever bk with fatal head shot to fateen we all know how much you earn joe dead silence rlol!

• Advertisement

Daniel has suddenly acquired a half Tipperary or somewhere accent.

Actually Daniel sounds like husky Bibi.

Faaaahder Ray’s parishioners won’t be amused at Lahvlahn, he’ll have lost de great listeners of Oldcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

How much do these chancers get for this rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

Al Foran in the radisson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Most of them appear to post for the "Thanks".

Ewe takin a wee coffee breakeen from de buttons.

Oooooh Michael Twee insulting Fateen der!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Sticking my head above the parapet.....I'm actually enjoying this 'Revue' I'm no snob.

Kudos to Brian Kennedy for the little dig at the host....and the quick retort of Jow 'Buy everyone a drink'

Yiz all should have a listen, yiz all might muster up an ol' giggle.....for Ireland like.

• Advertisement

Brian Scan wrote: »

Its spellded tanks on dis tred.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Sticking my head above the parapet.....I'm actually enjoying this 'Revue' I'm no snob.

Kudos to Brian Kennedy for the little dig at the host....and the quick retort of Jow 'Buy everyone a drink'

Yiz all should have a listen, yiz all might muster up an ol' giggle.....for Ireland like.
    The heat is getting to you. Go out for a walk.

Brian Scan wrote: »

It's not working for them. The most thanks on one post is 6. The rest have 2 or zero.

Der were sever-dal little digs at de host try de show, which made for a more amusing Froyday dan usual. It wasn’t all his usual crew. Will have to resurrect Syl Fox an Doc Savage. He used to hav Paddy Cullivan doing de satirical music, but den he turned renegade and had some harsh words on Lahvlahn when on Claire Byrne if I remember.

Wudnt it be great gas, all de same, if de Funny Froyday crew rather dan just de Lahvlahn production crew were in attendance at de Pope’s gig, wit Concepta saying some irreverent prayers an dat; de Pope’s translator wud be havin de sweats trying to produce an Italian/Spanish version of Shockin Holy Saint an de like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Damn.

Missed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

What did Brian say?

26 posts today during the show, 1 more than the (suggested) current record low of 25 posts.

2 entirely predictable things happened during the show:
    1. It wasn’t funny
    2. Brian Scan posted a snide comment and was banned again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

26 posts today during the show, 1 more than the (suggested) current record low of 25 posts.

1. It wasn’t funny

:D

2017-Math-Children-Baby-Kids-Learning-Developmental-Versatile-Flap-Abacus-Wooden-Toys-Levert-Dropship-Aug-25.jpg

What did Brian say?

Dat we are on dis site simply to get de praise (tanks) from one anudder.

Dat we are on dis site simply to get de praise (tanks) from one anudder.

Ooooops, dat was Mr/Ms Scan,; Missed de Brian Kennedy snipe, too occupied by his lovely singing, but he’s always on de ball wit his observations an dat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

1. It wasn’t funny

Needed my fix today so just having a quick listen to the oul Seamus Traynor and Nigerian Embassy masterpieces.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Needed my fix today so just having a quick listen to the oul Seamus Traynor and Nigerian Embassy masterpieces.

Don’t do de (Monaghan) accent (hi).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

What did Brian say?

He referred to sumting in the newspapers last week regarding Rte's high earners.....a mini silence and then Jow came back with the 'buy everyone a drink' or 'a drink for everyone in de audience' dat was the jist of it sotospeak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I was incautious enough to pass through the kitchen when RTE Radio One is re-broadcasting the so-called 'highlights' of the day, from 2am onwards. I was unfortunate enough to be subjected to the most talentless impression of DO'D I've ever heard.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Cá bhfuil Joseph?

DjdPxKdXoAAbTca.jpg

You'd wonder does Dee Forbes ever look at a picture like this, while the station she's meant to be running has an almost full compliment of stand ins for the week, and think "This sh1t is completely out of hand and has to stop".

Tubridy gets more holidays than a school teacher, and is about as entertaining as one. He needs to be shown the door, give somebody else a go at both the radio and TV shows. Tommy Tiernan was miles better without a day's experience in the job.

There’s some choice replies to that tweet, can’t link them now but worth a look. ;)

You'd wonder does Dee Forbes ever look at a picture like this, while the station she's meant to be running has an almost full compliment of stand ins for the week, and think "This sh1t is completely out of hand and has to stop".

I sincerely doubt it, she’s become as much a part of the problem as any of those pictured are. She’s in a cushy number and is very well paid for it; the easiest thing to do is to keep the head down and don’t p*ss anyone off that can cause trouble for you. She may have taken the role with ambition for change but as one becomes comfortable (in every sense of the word) that ambition changes to self preservation and a reluctance to tackle the status quo. It would take I suspect a much stronger person than anything I’ve seen thus far from D4bess to tackle the culture of cronyism and nepotism in RTÉ, the unions, the vested interests, the power brokers etc. etc. within RTÉ, let alone change them.

The reality is it appears many of these “stars” individually have more power over D4bes than she has over them. Collectively she’s definitely afraid to tackle them.

It really is a basket case of an organisation, and needs to be radically overhauled. On the evidence presented thus far, D4bes is not the person for such change.

choice quote from that twitter

"the water rat turbidy" lol

will fateen jump on the hockey bandwagon yes he will
    shudders at thought of a row your boat song

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement