Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlann: Up the reek without a coddle - 26/07 two 18 so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It doesn't matter how people see them, what matters is that they are different organisations.  Why cant Fat Joe understand this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Duffy up late last night again last night with his disingenuous yawning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Is it over yet?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What did JPs grant say.... GAA clubs..... simple

Are women’s football and camogie organised under the GAA

No.

Ergo..... they can’t benefit under the donors conditions.

Now..... what’s difficult about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Time for the wimmenz to rise up and fix this anomaly. No equal rights in the GAA....no ridin. Problem solved in a fortnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

"If it wasn't for women they wouldn't be where they are today". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Never knew that.

ya , our local club, the mens and womens teams have separate secretaries , chairmen/chairwomen etc. Would not have known it myself till recently enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

David Bowy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Joe bought fireman Sam's engine

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

Possibly the most trivial and pointless hour of radio broadcasting in history. Sets a new nadir.

• Advertisement

Thinly veiled I'm loaded call.

“She” failed

that can't be right ?!? get to 30 years old and they test your car less. Only in this country

Was expecting a WOW

Tomorrow the Irish Shinty Association moan about getting no money from JP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Annoyed by NCT cha cha changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

boardise wrote: »
    Possibly the most trivial and pointless hour of radio broadcasting in history. Sets a new nadir.

Exactly, dragging the life out of a topic that could have been easily researched in about 2mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

2smiggy wrote: »
    ya , our local club, the mens and womens teams have separate secretaries , chairmen/chairwomen etc. Would not have known it myself till recently enough

my son played gaelic and daughter played camogie for the last 10 years this is the first time i heard about this ...................shows how much interest i had in it.

4 hours work for €600 , you are a sucker !!

There seems to be more than just a dim bulb ......

What was that about ????
    Who does he know In rte?

• Advertisement

Pay less tax...buy an old car ;)

Back to DEATH.

Return to death

cozar wrote: »
    my son played gaelic and daughter played camogie for the last 10 years this is the first time i heard about this ...................shows how much interest i had in it.

maybe underage they would be organised together, but for senior and junior teams two different entities. Makes little sense to me. Would be easier to run them together you would imagine

Any relation to Buck !

Is he qualified to speak on behalf of the airline ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ok well said, ok its 3 o'clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Live line audience don’t care about her bag but the people in the capital city of United Arab Emirates do.

"Wonderful organisations," says Jowel, of something he's never heard of before.

• Advertisement

Yew production.

Had a graveyard whiff off it.

dvcireland wrote: »
    Any relation to Buck !

no, just June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    He forgot his parachute.

Tom Dunne??
    2smiggy wrote: »
    4 hours work for €600 , you are a sucker !!

There seems to be more than just a dim bulb ......

We're giving Joe more than that for doing less.

I got a phone call half way through. Looks like it's worth a listen back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I think Joe will be on to the CCCCCCCCCCC committee at Headquarters looking to replay that match after the baytin' he took from dem bad, bad callers...

dvcireland wrote: »
    Tomorrow the Irish Shinty Association moan about getting no money from JP

Then the handball dude and dudettes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

One of the better LLs of recent times, threw a little useful light on women's sport and the GAA etc. Maybe it's time that Mná na hÉireann stopped fundraising for their local GAA clubs, stopped washing jerseys and making sandwiches etc. The lads on the county boards might wake up then.

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    One of the better LLs of recent times, threw a little useful light on women's sport and the GAA etc. Maybe it's time that Mná na hÉireann stopped fundraising for their local GAA clubs, stopped washing jerseys and making sandwiches etc. The lads on the county boards might wake up then.

Hate to admit I learned something also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I just listened back to today's show and I have to say it reminded me why I've never gotten involved with or donated any money to the GAA in any county I've lived it because it's full of politics, sexism, snobbery and all about money.

BBFAN wrote: »
    I just listened back to today's show and I have to say it reminded me why I've never gotten involved with or donated any money to the GAA in any county I've lived it because it's full of politics, sexism, snobbery and all about money.

Jaysus man ....if you don’t mind me saying, that’s pure bollox.

How do you arrive at that conclusion.

The GAA is amateur, the players don’t get paid.

The money earned is funneled back into the clubs.

It’s non political.

How is it sexist and snobbish.

You have to explain your reasons here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Following on from the Gavin Duffy and Miriam cyber, shall we say, "misrepresentations" earlier this year we now have Tubs, though i doubt Fateen will be likely to discuss this one. It just POPPED UP :rolleyes::D:);):pac: on boards dot EYE EE no less:
    https://revealthemajesty.com/ryan-gets-unseated/index.php?ad=295930847643

BBFAN wrote: »
    I'm not a member, nor in any way involved with the GAA, but I can only make one observation for what it's worth. All of the above things are to be found in any organisation if you look for them, and sometimes much worse besides. I don't know that I'd say the GAA is 'full' of it, but perhaps it sometimes seems that way, especially to those who wash the jerseys, etc.

• Advertisement

Jaysus man ....if you don’t mind me saying, that’s pure bollox.

How do you arrive at that conclusion.

The GAA is amateur, the players don’t get paid.

It’s non political.

You have to explain your reasons here.

Wellllllll....the players may not get paid but plenty of others do.....officials, coaches, strength & conditioning people, trainers etc.

Not all the money is funneled back into the clubs.

You've (I think it was you though it may have been someone else) previously agreed there's an element of sectarianism in some quarters of the organisation/amongst some members.

They have serious disciplinary issues and issues with respect towards match officials etc. I assume I needn't expand on that any further but I can if you like?

It's hard to describe it as non-political considering some of the activity of some of the members in the last referendum AND Bertie's nice little dig out (while other less well-funded sports who arguably needed it more than the GAA were given a pittance).

Sexist and snobbish? I don't really know much about the snobbery element of it, but the sexism though not always overt is more of the patronising kind. Just an observation from afar.

Following on from the Gavin Duffy and Miriam cyber, shall we say, "misrepresentations" earlier this year we now have Tubs, though i doubt Fateen will be likely to discuss this one. It just POPPED UP :rolleyes::D:);):pac: on boards dot EYE EE no less:
    https://revealthemajesty.com/ryan-gets-unseated/index.php?ad=295930847643

Caller: Joe I bought Tubridy's Boner Pills and now I've a horn on me that could cut diamonds.
    Joe: Back after deeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

On the money end of the GAA.

Only last week my son took part in a U16 football county final in Sligo town. We dropped him at the pitch an hour before the match was due to begin and went back into town to do a few bits and pieces. When we got back we were stopped at the entrance by two D'Unbelievables types in hi-viz gear looking for a fiver each off us. I said no way as our son was playing and we'd already paid e100 to sign him up . They were having none of it. My wife then pointed out that the jerseys the team were wearing were washed and dried by her during the week burning half a bag of coal as it had been pissing rain all week. They were still refusing so I put the car into gear and drove straight past them. "Grab all" indeed.

Wellllllll....the players may not get paid but plenty of others do.....officials, coaches, strength & conditioning people, trainers etc.

Not all the money is funneled back into the clubs.

You've (I think it was you though it may have been someone else) previously agreed there's an element of sectarianism in some quarters of the organisation/amongst some members.

They have serious disciplinary issues and issues with respect towards match officials etc. I assume I needn't expand on that any further but I can if you like?

It's hard to describe it as non-political considering some of the activity of some of the members in the last referendum AND Bertie's nice little dig out (while other less well-funded sports who arguably needed it more than the GAA were given a pittance).

Sexist and snobbish? I don't really know much about the snobbery element of it, but the sexism though not always overt is more of the patronising kind. Just an observation from afar.

Aaah heeeyur..

Of course the professionalcoaches and conditioning qualified people get paid

Of course not all the money is channeled back to the clubs.. there are obvious expenses

It wasn’t me

Yes there are serious disciplinary issues, I never suggested there wasn’t .

The Association is non political, what its members do is a different ball game

Snobbery....don’t think so bub .Sexism ..never came across it in any major way.

Lookit.... I think people are way too quick to hammer the GAA, drive past and grounds on Sat or Sun morning and see the activities involving volunteers and children.

Go wan outa dat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I was shocked and troubled to hear on da Lahvlahn yesterday about de
    Effin Bees

Shocked mar dhea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

It’s non political.

If it's true that JP's donation to each county GAA board is to be cornered by them and not shared with the LGFA and Camogie, then that is straightforward 'sexism'. People can argue all they want that they are different games/ associations - but they're splitting hairs to suit themselves as they are clearly all under the general meaning of gaelic games. But maybe that's not the case and hopefully the funds will be shared.

The GAA LGFA etc are definitely political organisations, maybe not overtly but in practice. I wouldn't say snobbish at all except in a sort of reverse cultural snobbery kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Article in indo today saying it will be shared with the wimmin so to speak, just saw it in the canteen there I don't read it normally and dat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Article in indo today saying it will be shared with the wimmin so to speak, just saw it in the canteen there I don't read it normally and dat

fateen flummoxed floundering fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Wha, by using the "dressing rooms, pitches and facilities"
    Yuc32aG.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I only caught the last half hour of the show yesterday and havnt bothered looking back through this thread but I assume that a lot of posters, like Joe, dont really have a clue what they are talking about.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement