Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlann: Up the reek without a coddle - 26/07 two 18 so to speak

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Slightly nasty undercurrent on this thread today.

Slightly? I used to regularly post in the Liveline thread until a few years ago. Seems to be full of racists nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Bye, bye yerdasellswhatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Slightly? I used to regularly post in the Liveline thread until a few years ago. Seems to be full of racists nowadays.

The farm takes up most of the day, and at night i just like a cup of tea, so i can't devote myself full-time to the old racism

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

This is a thread about the radio show Liveline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Boards has slowly been morphing into Stormfront Lite over the last few years. Racists and gob****es everywhere now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Boards has slowly been morphing into Stormfront Lite over the last few years. Racists and gob****es everywhere now.

Which one are you?

Stormfront for people who can't devote themselves full-time to the old racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

zell12 wrote: »
    Very few deaths today

Did you miss the bit about the holocaust?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

TWODAY'S De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 188
    Joe Shows: 151
    No Show Joe Shows: 37
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 37

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 32
    PBH guest appearances and dat: 1
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0
    Good Fryday No Show by nobody at all at all: 1

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Fateen's Estimated Fees (De FEF Matrix so to speak) to date dis year:
    AT LEAST €377,500*

(not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat nor d'expenses for driving, vittels and de overnightin' often mere days in advance of a FunnyFryday. Wurking class man wit de wurking class wurk ettic and dat.
    King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.
    I'm including Good Fryday as a Wurkday as it is not an official Bank Holiday/Holiday Day. Even Pat Kenny is in Newstalk FFS, but no-one in RTE of course of course.

Don't do de accent racism....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

"slightly"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn't listen twoday, didn't listen back or read de thread yesterday and prob won't do so twoday either.

I'm off for a while callers, I have some personal affairs to tend to that'll take some time. I'll update de calendar but won't be around much for a few weeks at least.

Take care petals, dja heer me?

Safe travellin dude. Hope all is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I'm off for a while callers, I have some personal affairs to tend to that'll take some time. I'll update de calendar but won't be around much for a few weeks at least.

You're not Seanie, by any chance? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I think I first sought out the Liveline thread after a few lads I know were accused on Liveline by a caller for something that was massively exaggerated. Sticks and stone may break my bones but names hurt this caller.

Of course we only heard one side of the story and it was full of outrage by D'Omen at what happened to the caller.

What D'Omen did now know and probably didnt care was that a few months before that a close relative of the caller had seriously sexually assaulted a close relative of one of the people the caller accused live on air.

Thats why I'm often very sceptical when I hear stories like I heard today. Nothing to do with racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Some of the more arsholish tendency showing itself.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

BPKS wrote: »
    Simple answer to this.

Hire only male paramedics.

Then the HSE wont have the female worker on Health & Safety leave for 7 months and on Maternity Leave for another 9 months.

If this one decides to have three kids, she could work as a paramedic for a few months for the next 4 or 5 years.

they do,all the time

looks like the liveline moderator was on holiday today ... most days you can't say boo to a goose on this thread... i'll probably get infarcted now for spotting this as well!--- 'no comments on the moderation' mantra coming up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Oops69 wrote: »
    looks like the liveline moderator was on holiday today ... most days you cant say boo to a goose on this thread .

Ah now in fairness she is one of the better mods on this site

Understands the thread and moderates accordingly

Ah now in fairness she is one of the better mods on this site

Understands the thread and moderates accordingly

Mantra from BIG BROTHER 'no comments on the sex of the moderator ' you're gone too now , lol .ROOM 101 for us both .. ah well , it might be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

BPKS wrote: »
    I think I first sought out the Liveline thread after a few lads I know were accused on Liveline by a caller for something that was massively exaggerated. Sticks and stone may break my bones but names hurt this caller.

Of course we only heard one side of the story and it was full of outrage by D'Omen at what happened to the caller.

What D'Omen did now know and probably didnt care was that a few months before that a close relative of the caller had seriously sexually assaulted a close relative of one of the people the caller accused live on air.

Thats why I'm often very sceptical when I hear stories like I heard today. Nothing to do with racism.

And yet even after the lady who witnessed it rang it you still didn't believe the story??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

tretorn wrote: »
    I am so sick of muslim women walking around with only their eyes visible. I saw three yesterday within thirty minutes and there is an entire family of shrouded black clad women in the area, all walking behind the men.

One woman was in UCD, she was completely covered up with a pair of glasses perched on the cloth covering her nose. The other woman was driving a car and again completely covered. How can you drive with no peripheral vision, why cant we insist that anyone driving a car has to remove facial coverings so their vision isnt compromised. How do these women not suffer from lack of vitamin D, its desperate to see ten and eleven years olds covered inlayers of clothing in the summer heat.

Its quite scary to think that if they ever outnumber white europeans our daughters and grand daughters could end up being forced to live like this.

Some of the biggest load of rubbish I've seen on this site and that's saying something. :eek:

It wasn't even the racism that drove me away from this thread; it was the obsession with Joe Duffy's salary, his holidays and all 'hilarious' remarks about his accent and his irritating verbal tics (so to speak LOL). The sheer repetitiveness of it all became even more annoying than Duffy himself, which was quite the achievement (so to speak hahahahahahaha).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It wasn't even the racism that drove me away from this thread; it was the obsession with Joe Duffy's salary, his holidays and all 'hilarious' remarks about his accent and his irritating verbal tics (so to speak LOL). The sheer repetitiveness of it all became even more annoying than Duffy himself, which was quite the achievement (so to speak hahahahahahaha).

Welcome back

Oh hello

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I rarely listen to the radio and I'd say I've listened to maybe Joe duffy twice in my life but I stayed on after the debate today. How did they stretch todays two stories into an hour and a bit?

And what's with the ads? They had an ad at 13:53 and another at 13.58. The show finished at 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I rarely listen to the radio and I'd say I've listened to maybe Joe duffy twice in my life but I stayed on after the debate today.

Ah, you should try it more often. It's usually good for a laugh and occasionally, very occasionally you do learn something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

tretorn wrote: »
    Did he manage to finish his dinner before he left.

Joe, they are friggin travellers and you can spot them a mile off.

They may also have been from the North of Ireland, they are very racist too.

Yep. Irish travellers are EXTREMELY racist in my experience. Also the northerners. Huge amounts on both sides are racist and sectarian. Not all mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

HOLE ON, HOLE ON, hole on, hole on der one minute now fer a second and let ME say sumthan! yer postin in dis thread anrntyanot? Or mebee oi'm confused. Anyway Mary, you wanted to make apoinh...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I rarely listen to the radio and I'd say I've listened to maybe Joe duffy twice in my life but I stayed on after the debate today. How did they stretch todays two stories into an hour and a bit?

And what's with the ads? They had an ad at 13:53 and another at 13.58. The show finished at 2.

The ads pay the fees or so we are led to believe, however the majority are for other RTE shows, the orchestra or other in house projects

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    HOLE ON, HOLE ON, hole on, hole on der one minute now fer a second and let ME say sumthan! yer postin in dis thread anrntyanot?

I know dat, I know dat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I know dat, I know dat!

I’ll calm down if you calm down !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Lol now.

Missed today because of Doctor and Monday because of hospital.
    I say that why most listeners miss it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I’ll calm down if you calm down !!!

Don't give me that guff, Back after these.

*push bad line button"

You're obviously new here. :D

I assume you mean 14.53 and 14.58. The balance is usually inserted between 14,58 and the credits.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Lol now.

Missed today because of Doctor and Monday because of hospital.
    I say that why most listeners miss it. :)

On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the pain? I know a bloke in a back street pub that will sell you 1/4 of a versatis patch for a tenner.

• Advertisement

BBFAN wrote: »
    And yet even after the lady who witnessed it rang it you still didn't believe the story??

I was on a call from about 2:30 so I missed that call.

Hands up so. Mea culpa. So to speak.

It's Joe today. He just gave a synopsis of yesterday and contractors for dee ESB waiting weeks and months to get paid.

How're you love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thelma and Louise he says

Lol says i

Nothing to do with the line , it’s the limerick accent I’m afraid , a bit like you joe

• Advertisement

Another actor egomaniac

More of the same

Oops69 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the line , it’s the limerick accent I’m afraid , a bit like you joe

Is that your real accent?

who is this?

NatHalie and then it’s Telma , he substitutes his ‘h’s ‘ all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Do we really need to spend another whole show on this one isolated incident. If you're going to spend every day talking about a bunch of eeejits, it's gonna be a long year.

were they inbred looking Nat Lee?

Texas steakout is around for many years , it’s actually a nice enough restaurant , nothing fancy but ok .

I wouldnt blame the Texas Steakout for not answering Joe's call.

Unless a member of staff could hear what was going on, how is the restaurant in any way to blame for this?

I agree , a restaurant can’t be responsible if an arsehole walks in the door .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement