Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

oh wow a tenner off Demon's Souls, down to €70! Gone from gouging to just rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ShaneU wrote: »
    oh wow a tenner off Demon's Souls, down to €70! Gone from gouging to just rip off

It's €60 in Smyths, as is the Spiderman Miles Morale UE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Markitron wrote: »
    The last of us 2 is €20 in Smyths

Thanks for the tip, I got that, and while I was in there, I noticed other stuff on sale you guys might be interested in.

All for €10

Uncharted Collection
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    Uncharted 4
    God of War Collection
    God of War 2018
    Little Big Planet 3

Picture for the curious

189620310_517488515957756_1461135013017981292_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=aee45a&_nc_ohc=aNRtP1ENj8IAX-HIHr9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=1dbce0e0a5a71960a14e8aa606a84d18&oe=60D41FBA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Thanks for the tip, I got that, and while I was in there, I noticed other stuff on sale you guys might be interested in.

All for €10

Uncharted Collection
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    Uncharted 4
    God of War Collection
    God of War 2018
    Little Big Planet 3

Picture for the curious

Same discounts in argos for people like myself who are isolated from a smyths

For any fans of the Re Zero anime, the game is down to £20 on Amazon, or £25 for the CE.

This is a pretty recent title and a very steep discount for the CE.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089T79XM1/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Go to Smyths, miles cheaper than that rip off PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Go to Smyths, miles cheaper than that rip off PS store.

Exactly.

And people are still asking "If a Discless Console is €100 cheaper, Why would i need a disc drive?".

I've saved the €100 already and then some!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭jj880

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Exactly.

And people are still asking "If a Discless Console is €100 cheaper, Why would i need a disc drive?".

I've saved the €100 already and then some!

Yeah im still trying to convince my pal not to get a digital. Even got him a harvey norman link to buy ps5 disc MM bundle last time they had stock. Wouldn't take it. Must try talk him round again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

jj880 wrote: »
    Yeah im still trying to convince my pal not to get a digital. Even got him a harvey norman link to buy ps5 disc MM bundle last time they had stock. Wouldn't take it. Must try talk him round again.

I watch a gameshow weekly and they always harp on "Do people even buy physical"

Even games day one are cheap on disc than on the PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Even games day one are cheap on disc than on the PS store.

PS Store for non-discounted games is a rip-off 100%, with the exception of RE2 remake on release, i cant think of the last game i bought outside of a sale on PSN.

But the sales do give really good value on some games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

bmorrissey wrote: »
    PS Store for non-discounted games is a rip-off 100%, with the exception of RE2 remake on release, i cant think of the last game i bought outside of a sale on PSN.

But the sales do give really good value on some games

True

Which is why it's best to be able to avail of both. With the disc version, you can still buy digital. But the same can't be said the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I don’t listen to any game podcasts anymore cos they are mostly full of ignorant abrasive *****, but when I did and I would hear the hosts say something like this I would roll my eyes. Yea the blokes that get send codes by the publishers weeks before a game releases are definitely qualified to discuss the merits of disc v digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Anyone buying the digital console, imo, needs their head examined. For the sake of €100, get the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone buying the digital console, imo, needs their head examined. For the sake of €100, get the best of both worlds.

You would be amazed the amount of people that cannot get beyond the 'but it's a €100 cheaper' mentality. Also so many see it as the handy, lazy option: 'what do you mean I HAVE TO GET UP to change a disc if I want to play a different game" type.

Notwithstanding that you save money over the life of the console by buying physical, it will be worth more on trade-in AND there is a 4K blu-ray player thrown in!!

No brainer but people ARE stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Just picked up Immortals Fenix Rising for PS5 on Amazon there for around €18. Looks decent and cheapest its been

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

skerry wrote: »
    Just picked up Immortals Fenix Rising for PS5 on Amazon there for around €18. Looks decent and cheapest its been

It's a great game imo, forgot to finish it because I saw something shiny but must go back. It's not really difficult but it is enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nedd

I'm a 40 year old man with 2 kids. I had to convince my wife buying a PS5 was acceptable. That €100 saved was a big deal.

I have a big backlog of digital games to play and never buy day 1 games. Buying digital was a no brainer for me. Calling people stupid for having different circumstances to you is ****ty.

nedd wrote: »
    I'm a 40 year old man with 2 kids. I had to convince my wife buying a PS5 was acceptable. That €100 saved was a big deal.

I have a big backlog of digital games to play and never buy day 1 games. Buying digital was a no brainer for me. Calling people stupid for having different circumstances to you is ****ty.

I agree. Stupid is overboard. If it got you over the line with missus then well done. I know how that goes.

Fact remains digital is a short term saving. Unless you're only gona play certain free to play games and wait a looooong time for substantial digital discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How many PS5 games have you bought to have already saved €100?

petes wrote: »
    It's a great game imo, forgot to finish it because I saw something shiny but must go back. It's not really difficult but it is enjoyable!

That's exactly what I'm looking for, an enjoyable open world thats colorful and not a ball breaker. Picked up Valhalla and put about 25 hrs into it but I'm struggling to get the motivation to pick it up again. This looks like it doesn't take itself half as seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

jj880 wrote: »
    I agree. Stupid is overboard. If it got you over the line with missus then well done. I know how that goes.

Fact remains digital is a short term saving. Unless you're only gona play certain free to play games and wait a looooong time for substantial digital discounts.

That's my thinking. Getting a digital ps5 never once entered my head because I know that in the long run I will save a lot more than €100. I very very rarely buy new releases on launch day but on a personal level, I just don't see the benefit to a digital only console.

AdamD wrote: »

Personally 3 games on disc so far. MM, sackboy and TLOU2. Saving of 50 euro at least and only been using the console since xmas. Nevermind resale value. If anyone I know says they want digital i will try to make sure they know the savings are there with the disc version. Maybe they think not having to put a disc in the console is worth a few hundred euro. Fair enough.

This has been explained plenty on this thread so dont want to spam the thread any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I got digital purely for the convenience, it also looks better (in black :cool: ) and also it's my secondary console (primary is Series X). I don't need games on a shelf anymore also with PS Plus I haven't bought a playstation game in about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is Digital not physically smaller too? Probably fits into media cabinets better?

I don't tend to sell on my games when I buy them, so losing the ability to offload physical games wouldn't really bother me if/when I was choosing which model PS5 to purchase.

Getting it to fit into the same sized slot as my PS4 slim in my media cabinet would matter though

AdamD wrote: »

Not difficult if also buying PS4 games. Most I've saved going disc vs digital on PS4 is €50. Disc was €10 from Base and was €60 on PSN.

Real world example for me this morning. Immortals Fenix Rising hardcopy on Amazon €18. Digital from PS Store €35.

I have very few hard copy games on Xbox or PS5 but there is savings to be had in some cases like this. I just hope they've sorted the disc spin up thing. Only other hard copy game I have on PS5 is Nioh 2 and it sounds like a jet engine spinning up. Also spins up when its not being played. Havent checked in a good while to see if latest patch fixed it though

Real world example for me this morning. Immortals Fenix Rising hardcopy on Amazon €18. Digital from PS Store €35.

I have very few hard copy games on Xbox or PS5 but there is savings to be had in some cases like this. I just hope they've sorted the disc spin up thing. Only other hard copy game I have on PS5 is Nioh 2 and it sounds like a jet engine spinning up. Also spins up when its not being played. Havent checked in a good while to see if latest patch fixed it though

Well, another real world example. Wreckfest PS5 €25 on Smyths, €0 with PS Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

rizzla wrote: »
    Well, another real world example. Wreckfest PS5 €25 on Smyths, €0 with PS Plus.

But why would I buy a game for €25 euro I got free with a sub? Is PS Plus Only available on the disc version of the PS5, otherwise I dont see the comparison here

Anyway, its worth having the disc version in my ever so humble opinion

• Advertisement

But why would I buy a game for €25 euro I got free with a sub? Is PS Plus Only available on the disc version of the PS5, otherwise I dont see the comparison here

Anyway, its worth having the disc version in my ever so humble opinion

I was just being facetious but not everyone has PS Plus. I just think both companies made cheaper alternative consoles for parents (they will get the cheapest on the shelf) and also those who will have both, you will buy the expensive one as your main and the cheaper one as your alt.

Just thinking too. Game sharing is still a thing right, a few friends buy the cheaper digital console and split the cost of the digital price of games.

Advertisement