Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I use Canada for that reason. Much much cheaper. It's a kids game but people are so starved for "exclusive PS5 game" that they're telling themselves it's worth it... if you like it fine. In a month it'll be cheaper everywhere.

Had a quick look at your post history as you looked familiar.

Jesus, you’ve a hard-on for criticising how people spend their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I use Canada for that reason. Much much cheaper. It's a kids game but people are so starved for "exclusive PS5 game" that they're telling themselves it's worth it... if you like it fine. In a month it'll be cheaper everywhere.

So if indeed you did buy it, why did you? It's not like it's a brand new ip or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's a "kids game" which you knew going in but still spent money on it? Seems strange no?

Give me R&C before another cod, battlefield etc any day. Just not when it costs €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Imagine enjoying a kids' game. Some people are so immature.

It's nothing got to do with that. If you read it I BOUGHT the game too. My point was €80 is a bit much for a although stunning looking the gameplay is nothing to write home about. ;)

I was just giving people a non fanboy opinion. Not telling people how to spend money. K. :D

If you have an issue use the mute/hide button and move one. Back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,716 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Back on topic.

Agreed and NO CHAT as per topic pls :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Add SMC92Ian to your ignore list like I did yonks ago! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Any playstation plus deals - mine just ran out today - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,948 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

GameStop are doing a trade deal, trade in your white DualSense for a black or red one and only pay €4.99. I was gonna keep mine but that's too good a deal, will get second down the line if I need it. Hopefully some black controller/face plates combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,760 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GameStop are doing a trade deal, trade in your white DualSense for a black or red one and only pay €4.99. I was gonna keep mine but that's too good a deal, will get second down the line if I need it. Hopefully some black controller/face plates combo.

Aw nice, will go in with mine tomorrow. I don't mind the white but a brand new controller in a lovely black just for a fiver is too good to pass up.

Edit: i can't actually see the terms and conditions plus you can only preorder for home delivery and not collect in store. Hopefully they have plenty of stock tomorrow and it's not something like you have to be level 3 to get the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Already received my black DualSense yesterday from Smyths. It pairs very well with my black PS5. Might trade my white pad in for the red or a second black one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Aw nice, will go in with mine tomorrow. I don't mind the white but a brand new controller in a lovely black just for a fiver is too good to pass up.

Edit: i can't actually see the terms and conditions plus you can only preorder for home delivery and not collect in store. Hopefully they have plenty of stock tomorrow and it's not something like you have to be level 3 to get the deal.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1405505809082109954?s=19

I've been having charging problems with my controller and kept forget to try a different cable. Tried my wife's phone usb c cable and worked every time i connected where as my ps5 cable would only work every 5th or 6th time putting it in so it's definitely an issue with the cable thank ****. I'd spend more than a fiver buying a new usb c cable so now i get a new controller and cable for a fiver.

I'm gonna be there first thing in the morning!

I've been having charging problems with my controller and kept forget to try a different cable. Tried my wife's phone usb c cable and worked every time i connected where as my ps5 cable would only work every 5th or 6th time putting it in so it's definitely an issue with the cable thank ****. I'd spend more than a fiver buying a new usb c cable so now i get a new controller and cable for a fiver.

I'm gonna be there first thing in the morning!

You should just get the official charging Dock, so handy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s an amazing deal, both of my controllers are fairly new as I returned one recently due to some drift issues, but I’ll be replacing both of them for the grand total of a tenner without question. :D

It doesn’t say how long that deal runs, so I’m guessing it’ll be wise to get that done tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,818 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You should just get the official charging Dock, so handy

Brilliant accessory. Doubles as a display stand. My battery never runs out as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ratchet and Clank down to €70 in Smyths. Bit surprised at such an early reduction, understood it was selling well, but hopefully a sign of things to come for the €80 to be slashed on other titles soon after release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Great deal that controller, gonna do it even though my controller is perfect and I love the white. The red is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Ratchet and Clank down to €70 in Smyths. Bit surprised at such an early reduction, understood it was selling well, but hopefully a sign of things to come for the €80 to be slashed on other titles soon after release

The €80 price tag was probably putting people off. I am guessing they have a lot of stock too.

Comparison of the 3 dualsense controllers, tempted by the red one myself
    https://twitter.com/GamerBraves/status/1403256016221839364?s=19

Thanks Potential again for posting the dualsense bargain, picked up my black controller this morning and it's a beaut!

In and out in 2 minutes, no hassle at all. One thing though, she said the deal with be 10 euro to back it but because I had a level 3 card, I only had to pay 2.99. I checked my receipt and it looks like you get 50 credit for your white dualsense and then pay a fiver for the black DS so she must have just been mistaken.

Also, I didn't think I had level 3 as I was told it expired last time I was there but I still have a physical level 3 card.

Anyway, brand new controller but no USB cable with it and as it kept disconnecting during the firmware update, still need to buy a new cable but still happy out with the new controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thanks Potential again for posting the dualsense bargain, picked up my black controller this morning and it's a beaut!

In and out in 2 minutes, no hassle at all. One thing though, she said the deal with be 10 euro to back it but because I had a level 3 card, I only had to pay 2.99. I checked my receipt and it looks like you get 50 credit for your white dualsense and then pay a fiver for the black DS so she must have just been mistaken.

Also, I didn't think I had level 3 as I was told it expired last time I was there but I still have a physical level 3 card.

Anyway, brand new controller but no USB cable with it and as it kept disconnecting during the firmware update, still need to buy a new cable but still happy out with the new controller.

The deal tops up the trade value to €65 from the base price of €40.

You will still get the base price plus your trade boost from your card.

Seeing as it dropped the price by €2 I'd say the level 2 5% boost was applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gamestop are doing a trade in deal, where you can bring your old Dualsense in (no box or cable required), and trade for one of the new colours - €4.99 for the black, and €8.99 for the red.

Comparison of the 3 dualsense controllers, tempted by the red one myself
    https://twitter.com/GamerBraves/status/1403256016221839364?s=19

ah so the red is a burgundy? Nice choice!

Will grab one when I get my PS5 (once PSVR2 is out) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Have 2 white controllers so definitely going to trade one in for a black.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Nioh 2
    FF8 Remastered
    Resident Evil 2 Remastered

In argos for €17.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nedd

I went over the Newbridge Gamestop and got the last red. Came home, opened it and it's Black. I don't mind the colour, it's the fiver extra I paid that is killing me.

The red looks very Deadpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

I trade in my white dualsense only had to pay 1 euro for midnight black.I had a level 3 card such a good deal from gamestop.

Can you get the €5 controller deal without being a Gamestop member or will you have to sign up to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Can you get the €5 controller deal without being a Gamestop member or will you have to sign up to it?
    yea you could you don't have one to get the deal. They probably give you a level 1 card either way and you only have to pay €5.

Advertisement