Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I've heard good things about Detroit, anyone here played it?

Wipeout is a cracking game! Free VR update for it too

Detroit is one of my GOTY.

Cheapest for PS+?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Trying to get a refund for Crew 2 because multiplayer DOESN'T ****ING WORK is like getting blood out of a stone. Sony are really bad a customer service.

Trying to get a refund for Crew 2 because multiplayer DOESN'T ****ING WORK is like getting blood out of a stone. Sony are really bad a customer service.

Good luck with that. They're c*nts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

For sure, two emails today asking me what problems I was having with Conan: Path of Exile. I don't own that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Cheapest for PS+?

Press Start and CDKeys, both are around €36 for a 12 month subscription

Press Start and CDKeys, both are around €36 for a 12 month subscription

CD Keys showing as €46 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Some nice bargains in Argos today.

Detroit - 17
    God of War - 26
    Wipeout - 17
    Horizon complete edition - 26

Thanks for this tip, was able to reserve last copy of Detroit in my local this morning, had been watching it for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any link for that news? I rarely use ukhotdeals. I'm waiting for Celeste to drop again, raging I didn't bite last time it was on sale.

I had seen a notification for it on the HUKD app this morning but can't find the post anywhere. US PSN store should have week 2 of their holiday sale starting today. Do you have an alert set up for it on PsPrices?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    CD Keys showing as €46 for me.

Apologies, it is €46.99 on CDkeys(less 3% FB code) and €42.99 on Press Start. Don't know why I put €36 on the previous post. Still a good €15 cheaper on both than anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

What's the cheapest I can pick up a PS4 for these days? €260 in GameStop with FIFA the best around?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I've heard good things about Detroit, anyone here played it?

Wipeout is a cracking game! Free VR update for it too
    Wipeout VR is better than you could possibly imagine.

Good deal on the Playstation Virtual Reality mega pack on very.co.uk. 10% of the 210pounds sterling price which amazon etc are charging (amazon not in stock till xmas day)

However this is only if you sign up to their credit plan. I tried but couldn't do it. Probably only UK residents maybe of a certain income bracket.

Its on HOT UK DEALS, and if you click the "first time customer" offer on very's website (top of homepage)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yakuza 6 is 21 in Argos, absolute bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just had a churlish look on psprices to see if there was anything. +957 today in the PS4 section must mean we have a sale :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just had a churlish look on psprices to see if there was anything. +957 today in the PS4 section must mean we have a sale :o

Yep , running until January 18th.
    Link to psprices with current discounts on Irish PSN store
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Yep , running until January 18th.
    Link to psprices with current discounts on Irish PSN store
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

Tetris Effect still €40 :( was hoping to snag it for the PSVR for Christmas. I’ll have to hope somewhere does a sale on it physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Tetris Effect still €40 :( was hoping to snag it for the PSVR for Christmas. I’ll have to hope somewhere does a sale on it physically.

Agreed! Seems very rare discounts on decent VR titles... Was any included on ps plus games? Can't remember any...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

sticker wrote: »
    Agreed! Seems very rare discounts on decent VR titles... Was any included on ps plus games? Can't remember any...

RIGS and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood are the only ones afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Resident Evil 7 is down to €15 though. Might pick that up for the VR experience of it. Can spend the savings on nappies for when I inevitably sh*t myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Resident evil 7 at 15 is a must, great bargain and I would absolutely love the chance to play it in VR.

****e sale though. I did I'd get the division of it was under a tenner and it's 9.99. I see it in cex for 6 though. No Celeste, sad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I bought a PS4 Pro a few months ago, because honestly, the exclusives for it brilliant and there are enough of them to justify the cost.

With that said, the sales on PS4 in Europe are trash tier stuff. Especially for someone who is used to PC game prices :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

as someone who recently picked up a ps4 for the first time, i can't advise setting yourself up with a US PSN account enough. over the last few weeks i've gotten Zero Dawn Horizon (Complete), The Lost Legacy and The Order 1886 for a combined total of less than €25. the current sale on the US store also has Bloodborne for $7.99, i'd say i'll pick that up too. just remember, DLC and save files are region locked

(also, i haven't figured out if it's possible to share the games between my IRL and USA profiles, at the moment all these purchases are locked to the USA profile/account. this doesn't bother me as i don't care about trophies and stuff, but it'd be handier if i could play everything through the IRL profile)

deadduck wrote: »
    as someone who recently picked up a ps4 for the first time, i can't advise setting yourself up with a US PSN account enough. over the last few weeks i've gotten Zero Dawn Horizon (Complete), The Lost Legacy and The Order 1886 for a combined total of less than €25. the current sale on the US store also has Bloodborne for $7.99, i'd say i'll pick that up too. just remember, DLC and save files are region locked

(also, i haven't figured out if it's possible to share the games between my IRL and USA profiles, at the moment all these purchases are locked to the USA profile/account. this doesn't bother me as i don't care about trophies and stuff, but it'd be handier if i could play everything through the IRL profile)

Set your ps4 as primary for the US account. Once you've done that they will be usable on your Irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Where is the best place to get a PS4 Pro these days and is it worth waiting for the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭CWF

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get a PS4 Pro these days and is it worth waiting for the sales.

Yeah it's worth waiting a week for the sales it's not going to get any dearer. Get the new Pro with the red dead redemption 2 game trade it in if you don't want the game its just that it has the latest version of the Pro which is a little quieter apparently

Frozen wilds dlc for Horizon zero dawn is €9.99 on the playstation store

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

CWF wrote: »
    Frozen wilds dlc for Horizon zero dawn is €9.99 on the playstation store
    What a difference in price where you could grab the complete US version for less than that money. Want the DLC, will wait for a higher discount :). Thanks anyway for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Don't forget to use an address in Oregon or Alaska if your setting up a US account to avoid taxes. There are probably other states that are online transaction tax free as well.

• Advertisement

chonix wrote: »
    What a difference in price where you could grab the complete US version for less than that money. Want the DLC, will wait for a higher discount :). Thanks anyway for the heads up

Yeah that's life unfortunately. Can't see it dropping below a tenner any time soon tbh

Advertisement