Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The Division now £6.99 on Amazon

Never was my cup to tea but...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just pre-ordered Days Gone with Gamestop. They said today is the last day they will take Red Dead as it won't be in the new list tomorrow. I was gonna hold out till end of month as I thought that would be on a while.

If you are planning on trading RDR 2, do it today. If you are planning on buying a new game to trade in, wait for the new list tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered Days Gone with Gamestop. They said today is the last day they will take Red Dead as it won't be in the new list tomorrow. I was gonna hold out till end of month as I thought that would be on a while.

If you are planning on trading RDR 2, do it today. If you are planning on buying a new game to trade in, wait for the new list tomorrow.

I traded in Detroit and Lego DC, just sitting there so said feck it, got MK11 and Biker Last of Us... also 2 pops.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I traded in Detroit and Lego DC, just sitting there so said feck it, got MK11 and Biker Last of Us... also 2 pops.

I picked up a Batman pop and the guy told me about a limited edition gold and black box version celebrating 80 years of Batman to get instead. +1 for GS staff

I picked up a Batman pop and the guy told me about a limited edition gold and black box version celebrating 80 years of Batman to get instead. +1 for GS staff

Yeah I got a special gold Dice lad from Cuphead for Rory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

20 if you preorder a game and 30 of you wait for launch.

Updated GS trade-in list is up. Detroit has been removed. RE2 still on there so I'm good (and to be fair really enjoying Detroit, surprisingly good game)

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Updated GS trade-in list is up. Detroit has been removed. RE2 still on there so I'm good (and to be fair really enjoying Detroit, surprisingly good game)

Wow that list got a lot shorter but I can see it's gonna last a month. I'd say will be hard to find a cheap game on that list but you never know, Argos and smyths have regular price drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

JimBurnley wrote: »

God of War still on the list so that's me sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Wow that list got a lot shorter but I can see it's gonna last a month. I'd say will be hard to find a cheap game on that list but you never know, Argos and smyths have regular price drops.

Yep, fairly short list.

Best prices (locally) seem to be (both Xbox One) No Man's Sky (24.99 in argos) or Crackdown 3 (21.99 in Smyths)

Dropped in God of War and got my pre-order of Days Gone and a Rick and Morty Pop for the daughter so delighted. Thanks for the the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I don't know about everyone else but Day's Gone doesn't look like the best game to be preordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I don't know about everyone else but Day's Gone doesn't look like the best game to be preordering.

I dunno, recent gameplay looks decent. That said I never pre-order any game (with the exception of sekiro) and cannot fathom paying for a game before the reviews roll in. It utterly baffles me!

Well for me, I paid 55 for red dead, haven't played it since clearing it and then was offered 50 credit for it on a time limited offer. That means I'll be paying 25 for days gone and I'll easily get 30 to 35 cash from cex in the first couple of weeks if it does turn out to be a dud.

Now I'm hyped for a new release and no big deal if it does turn out to be a stinker.

sticker wrote: »
    I dunno, recent gameplay looks decent. That said I never pre-order any game (with the exception of sekiro) and cannot fathom paying for a game before the reviews roll in. It utterly baffles me!

I paid 20 quid for the game I traded so it's only 40, I'll get that back if I don't like it.

sticker wrote: »

It baffles me people pay money for fags and drink so here we are... each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭Inviere

It baffles me people pay money for fags and drink so here we are... each to their own.

Well it's a little different. Pre-ordering a game based on a promise can go either way. Buying things you know you already like is a bit safer.

Inviere wrote: »
    Well it's a little different. Pre-ordering a game based on a promise can go either way. Buying things you know you already like is a bit safer.

Not if you already know you will like the game based on the studio and gameplay demo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not if you already know you will like the game based on the studio and gameplay demo's.

Final products are always subject to change, lord knows we've seen it enough times by now.

Inviere wrote: »
    Final products are always subject to change, lord knows we've seen it enough times by now.

It's easy to tell if you'll like a game a month before release going off gameplay. Pre-ordering is stupid but I see why people do it.

I only pre-ordered because I was getting the game for twenty euros - God of War was lying around the house after being completed and I'd gotten that cheap during the Black Friday sale. PS exclusives are usually decent but if it's poo, I'll just trade it in for Spiderman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Jaysus that “argument” comes up every time this topic comes up.

To be fair booze and fags have a definite outcome. Buying a game on preorder has a unknown outcome.

That said Destiny 2 for example got absolutely panned by critics but it’s still one of the top played games out there.

Street fighter V also panned but has one of the largest fighting game followings out there.

Both titles fell short on launch but came good during their lifespans. Personally I lost interest in Destiny 2 before it came good but many didn’t. SFV I still play.

I hear The Division (the first one) had a similar path.

So look you will generally have an idea if you’ll like and get your moneys worth out of a title so preordering isn’t terrible, betas etc give you a flavour.

Is it the best idea in general or for the industry as a whole? Probably not.

The booze and fags arguement is stupid though to say the least.

Tbf, most of the people on here pre-ordering Days Gone are doing it because that deal in Gamestop is ridiculously good value. I'd wager most wouldn't bother if that deal wasn't on. I know I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

To be fair booze and fags have a definite outcome.
    Never had a bad pint in your life, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

The booze and fags argument is a great one.

Jaysus that “argument” comes up every time this topic comes up.

To be fair booze and fags have a definite outcome. Buying a game on preorder has a unknown outcome.

That said Destiny 2 for example got absolutely panned by critics but it’s still one of the top played games out there.

Street fighter V also panned but has one of the largest fighting game followings out there.

Both titles fell short on launch but came good during their lifespans. Personally I lost interest in Destiny 2 before it came good but many didn’t. SFV I still play.

I hear The Division (the first one) had a similar path.

So look you will generally have an idea if you’ll like and get your moneys worth out of a title so preordering isn’t terrible, betas etc give you a flavour.

Is it the best idea in general or for the industry as a whole? Probably not.

The booze and fags arguement is stupid though to say the least.

My point is, if people want to waste money killing themselves with fags and drink then who are yee to judge someone putting down a fiver to pre-order a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Tbf, most of the people on here pre-ordering Days Gone are doing it because that deal in Gamestop is ridiculously good value. I'd wager most wouldn't bother if that deal wasn't on. I know I wouldn't.

Edit... Just see it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

World war Z is only €40 in Smyths.
    It's meant to be cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

World war Z is only €40 in Smyths.
    It's meant to be cracking.

Its 40 on the PSN store also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

My point is, if people want to waste money killing themselves with fags and drink then who are yee to judge someone putting down a fiver to pre-order a game?

Give it a rest.

You sound a barrel of laughs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Went with the PS Pro upgrade offer in GameStop.

129.99 + PS4 and 3 games - it was a launch PS4, so 5+ year old machine.

I got Anthem with it, but you can instead go for Red Dead for 169.99 (I think)

Unfortunately, as it was a launch machine, the rubber on the Dualshock thumbsticks was very worn out, so was not accepted as part of the trade-in, increasing the price to 169.99 (with a bit off as a GameStop card member).

Advertisement