Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Pre-ordered Last of us 2 today in GameStop for 10e along with trading in a game from their list which was MXGP Pro that cost me €18 on amazon. Normally 20e for this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sweetie wrote: »
    Pre-ordered Last of us 2 today in GameStop for 10e along with trading in a game from their list which was MXGP Pro that cost me €18 on amazon. Normally 20e for this deal.

How was it a tenner and not 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »

New deal or dodgy shop assistant?

Zero-Cool wrote:

They must have it at 59.99 on the system, your trade in is worth 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NineEggs

Batman: Arkham Collection €17.99 for PS Plus members. Great price for 3 excellent games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sleeping Dogs: DE for €5, great value.

Will pick up Titanfall 2 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Picked up Hollow Knight 7.23 great price and (no judgement haha) Power Rangers fighting game for 10 euro, I needed to see it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Picked up Hollow Knight 7.23 great price and (no judgement haha) Power Rangers fighting game for 10 euro, I needed to see it haha.

I'm also jumping on MMPR for that price, it'll be awful but sure f it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

NineEggs wrote: »
    Batman: Arkham Collection €17.99 for PS Plus members. Great price for 3 excellent games.

Worth it just to play Asylum again.

Picked up Hollow Knight 7.23 great price

So, is Hollow Knight worth a punt? I love the Metroidvania games, pumped a ton of hours into Guacamelee 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

So, is Hollow Knight worth a punt? I love the Metroidvania games, pumped a ton of hours into Guacamelee 1 and 2.

I haven’t played it yet to be honest, my son has finished it on switch and said it’s amazing. I hear nothing but good things about it and from what I heard it’s worth the 15 it normally is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's much more difficult that Guacamelee, but it's just as much fun. Stick with it for a bit - the exploring is a bit more difficult, the deaths more punishing, and the bosses are very unforgiving, especially some of the later ones, but it's an amazing, amazing game when you get into it. I'm really looking forward to the next one.

chrislad wrote:
    It's much more difficult that Guacamelee, but it's just as much fun. Stick with it for a bit - the exploring is a bit more difficult, the deaths more punishing, and the bosses are very unforgiving, especially some of the later ones, but it's an amazing, amazing game when you get into it. I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Best metroidvania I've ever played

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yea it's quite tough but so satisfying. You'll hate yourself because if you die it's on you. Game isn't unfair, you're just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Got Abzu, Firewatch and DOOM a couple of days ago for €20. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Went and bought Lego Marvel 2 in Smyths for €20, went to Gamestop and paid another €20 for Death Stranding on pre-order... sweet.

I am actually thinking of phoning the shop and upgrading to the collectors edition, it'll work out at €120 all inclusive (the shop told me I will get €100 toward the €200 price with the trade in). The collectors edition looks class craic. I like the case and the baby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Went and bought Lego Marvel 2 in Smyths for €20, went to Gamestop and paid another €20 for Death Stranding on pre-order... sweet.

I am actually thinking of phoning the shop and upgrading to the collectors edition, it'll work out at €120 all inclusive (the shop told me I will get €100 toward the €200 price with the trade in). The collectors edition looks class craic. I like the case and the baby ;)

[/QUOTE is it not suppose to be only 9.99 with a selected game from this list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

This should go well, young lad brings home a nice lass and has she scans the apartment she spots a glowing bottle on the shelf with a baby in it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Well there is a 9.99 deal now for same when you trade in 1 select deal so you could have got a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

dan786 wrote: »
    Well there is a 9.99 deal now for same when you trade in 1 select deal so you could have got a better deal.

Where?
    The trade list was updated today and it says €19.99 or am I missing something?
    https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

actuar90 wrote: »
    Where?

Check out the Trade Event, running to 13th June

https://www.gamestop.ie/e3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Where?

0b5c33e7-05d0-4a07-adae-2de918ce59f5.jpg

Might actually be able to the 16th. And not sure if it's started or not until 7th June. Few different dates on there which is confusing. Definitely happening tho, great deal if can get a game from list for cheap or have one gathering dust

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Excellent, thanks. Anyone know the cheapest game on the trade in list?

Hollow Knight, Virginia and Kona for 14 euro in psn sale. Very tempted by NHL 19 for 14 euro but dunno if I'd get bored (no clue of ice hockey but looks fun).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

0b5c33e7-05d0-4a07-adae-2de918ce59f5.jpg

I can't find a list of games eligible for this offer. When you click on the link's, it brings you to the€19.99 offer.

I'm happy with €40, I'll get more than that back in cex if I don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I can't find a list of games eligible for this offer. When you click on the link's, it brings you to the€19.99 offer.

I'm happy with €40, I'll get more than that back in cex if I don't like it.

That's because it's the same list, the trade value is boosted against some games as an E3 promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Excellent, thanks. Anyone know the cheapest game on the trade in list?

List is here: https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

It's a new lsit (Lego marvel Super Heroes 2 is no longer on it).

Cheapest I can find is Lego Movie 2 (€25 Argos): https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8804167/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+games%7C37328632.htm

or Smyths (also €25): https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/the-lego-movie-2-video-game/the-lego-movie-2-videogame-ps4/p/171118

Advertisement