Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,948 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Even though it's not on sale now, I see Salt and Sanctuary is only €18. Reviews seem very positive, but gameplay makes me think it's difficulty is akin to Hollow Knight and other bastard hard games. Is this correct? I'm trying to fill the void Dust: An Elysian Tale has left since I played it. Not too gone on the 'bit' style graphic games (I'm hoping for a reskin of Dead Cells with more modern graphics/look), and this is a kot 'cleaner' looking. Worth a punt?

It's either that, or the Spyro/Crash collection for €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,760 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I couldn't get into salt and sanctuary and i love the sound of retro style dark souls, just never clicked with me. I much preferred Guacamelee 1 and 2 to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's not shown in the Summer Sale but Nier Automata GOTY is 26 euro, and if you get the email with the discount it's 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Even though it's not on sale now, I see Salt and Sanctuary is only €18. Reviews seem very positive, but gameplay makes me think it's difficulty is akin to Hollow Knight and other bastard hard games. Is this correct? I'm trying to fill the void Dust: An Elysian Tale has left since I played it. Not too gone on the 'bit' style graphic games (I'm hoping for a reskin of Dead Cells with more modern graphics/look), and this is a kot 'cleaner' looking. Worth a punt?

It's either that, or the Spyro/Crash collection for €40.

Loved salt and sanctuary , it's not that hard I found

• Advertisement

Cheers folks. Too many reports of how hard this is, so I think i'll give it a miss for now.

Just a heads up , found an email from playstation on my email linked to my psn account, giving me a code which allowed 25 percent extra off any sale items.

Oh man, the temptation to buy so much more now is real! Brings the Spyro/Crash collection down to €29.91. I'm totally getting that now, but I'm tempted to add more to get more discounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Just a heads up , found an email from playstation on my email linked to my psn account, giving me a code which allowed 25 percent extra off any sale items.

Never seem to get these emails. Did it just come through today or what date was it sent? Just searched inbox for Irish and US account and zip :mad:

I found it from 23 hours ago under the heading: �� PlayStation Store Summer Sale | New deals just added! ��

The first 2 ? are a sun emoji, the second 2 are hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I found it from 23 hours ago under the heading: �� PlayStation Store Summer Sale | New deals just added! ��

I got that email yesterday but no code in mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I got that exact email yesterday but the part that says "a bonus incentive just for you" had "none available" under it.
    Then today I got what seems to be exact same email again except this time in that section it has the 25% off 9 digit code.

Edit: are these codes locked to each account?

Got the New Deals added mail about the same time yesterday but no code and no mention of any bonus inventive when I opened it. Seems to be fairly random how these are distributed. I'm utterly sickened I'm not getting the opportunity to add to my already shameful backlog.

Strange. This is what mine looked like. I've used the code but you can try if you want! Never know with PS!

487556.png
    *To be eligible for this offer, you must (i) be a SEN account holder (ii) be a resident of Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom; and (iii) have received an email including this Discount Code between 7 August 2019 at 00:01 (BST) and 21 August 2019 at 23:59 (BST). Discount Codes may only be used to obtain a 25% discount on PlayStation Store, and exclude out-of-cart purchases and in-game commerce. Discount Codes expire on 21 August 2019 at 23:59 (BST). Full terms and conditions can be found here.

Thanks for sharing. Tried it there and says already redeemed so must be one time use. Wouldn't be surprised if their account specific too. I thought I might not have been subscribed to marketing emails but I got the mail just not the version with the code so I must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I have enough games in my backlog, so I won't be using my code. Send me a private message if you want to try it and post the results here if it works or not.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I have enough games in my backlog, so I won't be using my code. Send me a private message if you want to try it and post the results here if it works or not.

Thank for the PM, code worked fine so not account specific. :D

Got banner Saga 3 for the princely sum of 9 euro , meant to get this ages ago , but didn't want to pay 25 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

sweetie wrote: »
    I got that email yesterday but no code in mine!

There wasn't a code in my email either..or at least visible. It seems that the code is there in the emails, but hidden in the plain text.

I downloaded the email, then opened the .eml file in chrome, and there it was. 25% off anything too, not just sale items :)!

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/77712-eu-check-your-emails-25-code-off-summer-sale-items/?do=findComment&comment=1886801

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

I got the code to email also! Phew it’s the first time I’ve ever had the offer in email - thought I’d signed up to the wrong newsletter

Sidebar; if Cdkeys is sold out of 20€ top up vouchers, where’s the next best site to score a bargain?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

njcarey wrote: »
    Sidebar; if Cdkeys is sold out of 20€ top up vouchers, where’s the next best site to score a bargain?

https://www.press-start.com/en/

Have used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

F1ngers wrote: »
    https://www.press-start.com/en/

Have used them before.

As have I. They're legit

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

Thanks lads! They seem to be sold out too - guess the proposed limited selling of digital vouchers was a bit more legit than we thought?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,818 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

njcarey wrote: »
    Thanks lads! They seem to be sold out too - guess the proposed limited selling of digital vouchers was a bit more legit than we thought?!

They're frequently sold out but always come back into stock.

Great site!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There wasn't a code in my email either..or at least visible. It seems that the code is there in the emails, but hidden in the plain text.

I downloaded the email, then opened the .eml file in chrome, and there it was. 25% off anything too, not just sale items :)!

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/77712-eu-check-your-emails-25-code-off-summer-sale-items/?do=findComment&comment=1886801

Thanks for pointing that out! Didn't show any discount code in my HTML mail, but in Gmail used 'view original mail', copied the text/plain segment and decoded the base64 encoding (https://www.base64decode.org/) and the code was there! Very strange of them to build their email with it in one section, but not in the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

For anyone else trying and failing to get their promotional code from the email; No amount of messing with the email from Outlook/Gmail or decoding worked for me. But opening it using Thunderbird and viewing in plain text did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    For anyone else trying and failing to get their promotional code from the email; No amount of messing with the email from Outlook/Gmail or decoding worked for me. But opening it using Thunderbird and viewing in plain text did.

Yep that's the way I did it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Thanks. Finally got it with Thunderbird. Too late to use it with Spiderman though.

Probably get Tomb Raider with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'd just deleted that email thinking it was more spam from Sony about their latest sale. Thanks for the heads-up though folks, it was still in my trash can so retrieved the code no probs. Now to decide which games to add to my backlog...

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Just used Thunderbird option and the generic text about 'To say thanks for being a loyal customer; we miss you etc etc', is there and where I'm guessing the code should be it just says 'None Available'.

Sony sure do like to confuse people with these promotions :rolleyes:

Advertisement