Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

FFS I got it on PS4 then noticed it's free on GamePass and 3 quid on Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Horizon Chase Turbo for €6.99. Loverly.

Twas free on PS Plus a couple months back too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Is this a VR game or can it be played with the controller?

Pretty sure it's VR only mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Pretty sure it's VR only mate.

seems they removed that requirement and can be played pancake now too

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Faqs/000032747/Non-VR-gameplay-in-Star-Trek-Bridge-Crew-STBC

Don't buy NBA 2K, what a woeful game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Don't buy NBA 2K, what a woeful game.

For a fiver there's literally nothing wrong with it - Even if you get a weekend out of it it's fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

callaway92 wrote: »
    For a fiver there's literally nothing wrong with it - Even if you get a weekend out of it it's fine.

If anyone does get it and new to the series, switch the camera to 2K View. This turns it to a vertical camera, so much better to play than the horizontal default.

callaway92 wrote: »

I'd rather my fiver back. It's not fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    If anyone does get it and new to the series, switch the camera to 2K View. This turns it to a vertical camera, so much better to play than the horizontal default.

I see a lot of love for the 2K view, i do rather the horizontal camera reminds me of older basketball games like arch rivals and nba jam.

However for a fiver i will defiantly pick up, haven't played since 2K18 and i enjoyed that a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Might try this. Had a brief go of it last night and first impressions weren't good.

Oh for the days of simplified solid fun gameplay. I think I'll stick to NBA jam :D

Quite enjoying the NBA 2K career mode. Worth the fiver alone for me. Haven't played online or anything else so can't comment on that.

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition getting a lot of heat over at HUKD. Don't know if it's any good but apparently the X-Wing PSVR mission is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition getting a lot of heat over at HUKD. Don't know if it's any good but apparently the X-Wing PSVR mission is great.

Its a purer version than the sequel which has lost some of the charm of the original in my mind. Spent countless hours on the original and was very much looking forward to the new one but other than enhanced graphics (which are very nice to be fair), it feels like a step back

The xwing mission is good if you're a star wars fan, especially the intro where an AT-AT walks by you :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    Its a purer version than the sequel which has lost some of the charm of the original in my mind. Spent countless hours on the original and was very much looking forward to the new one but other than enhanced graphics (which are very nice to be fair), it feels like a step back

The xwing mission is good if you're a star wars fan, especially the intro where an AT-AT walks by you :D

The AT-AT walking by was one of my first OMFG VR rox moments ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Quite enjoying the NBA 2K career mode. Worth the fiver alone for me. Haven't played online or anything else so can't comment on that.

Loving the career mode definitely worth a fiver. I probably won't play online but even if I get the weekend out of it I'll have got my moneys worth.

mrcheez wrote: »
    The AT-AT walking by was one of my first OMFG VR rox moments ;)

Can you play it without VR?

Can you play it without VR?

Yeah the main game is not VR. The X wing mission is a vr add on. Only vr for that.

• Advertisement

Yeah the main game is not VR. The X wing mission is a vr add on. Only vr for that.

Ah right, I have the game already.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

It's short but oh so sweet. IF EA had the cajones they could've supported development of a full VR X-wing game and without doubt it would've been a system seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

picked up NBA 2K20, i've spent more on disappointment so this won't be too bad. Only got to play the first game in MyCareer (the only mode I will be playing) so hard to tell yet, but I have noticed a lot more fumbling compared to the last game. Seems to be well gone beyond the simplicity of 'Give me ball and I score' that I enjoyed in 2K16 but haven't been able to enjoy since! Still say the simpler, earlier games were more fun, but it is quite nice to do a realistic dunk!

Can see myself putting a good bit of time into it, as mentioned that the progression isn't as tied to VC anymore, so hopefully won't lose interest like 2K19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Lego Ninjago Movie game is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Great find!

Just tested it, works. Hopefully it's not a free weekend, and free for good.

• Advertisement

Just tested it, works. Hopefully it's not a free weekend, and free for good.

Yeah looks like it as it's also free on Steam and Xbox too.

Typically Switch gamers screwed again though... would have loved it on my Switch so I guess I'll need to make do with it on my PC and PS4 :pac:

Yeah looks like it as it's also free on Steam and Xbox too.

Typically Switch gamers screwed again though... would have loved it on my Switch so I guess I'll need to make do with it on my PC and PS4 :pac:

I think it's a trial or something now, when you go to PS Store on the console it didn't have add to cart or buy, it only had download so... hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

https://www.ttgames.com/2020/05/15/the-lego-ninjago-movie-game-available-free/

Ninjago will be free up until 21st May. Apparently free to play and keep forever

coolisin wrote: »
    I only fired Hitman up on Friday last for the first time and it worked for me.

(sorry delayed response to this)

I reckon if you have PS Plus, Hitman 1 might still be free as it was a freebie with PS Plus before iirc.

It shows a lock symbol on my copy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

(sorry delayed response to this)

I reckon if you have PS Plus, Hitman 1 might still be free as it was a freebie with PS Plus before iirc.

It shows a lock symbol on my copy though.

Shocking time in between responses! :D
    Im still subscribed to plus alright!
    Yeah I missed it last year when it was on Plus, I never added it to my library!!

Feck it I still have it so I'm happy!
    (This post will jinx it and when I get home later it will be locked!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Grip Ditigal Deluxe is €14.99 on the store. Yoink!

Ugh... Just got notification that my plus is expiring next week. All of the usual places are still sold out. Hoping against hope they are back in stock within 6 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ugh... Just got notification that my plus is expiring next week. All of the usual places are still sold out. Hoping against hope they are back in stock within 6 days.

Eneba have 50 euro psn for 43 along with 90 days ps plus for 20.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got a notification today too, but mines not out until 21/06.
    Did you find anything in the end? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Got a notification today too, but mines not out until 21/06.
    Did you find anything in the end? :)

Nothing yet. 5 days.... Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Far Cry V is 11 yo yo delivered with Prime - out of stock but you can buy it from Amazon at that price and they’ll send it when it’s back in stock - cheapest I’ve ever seen it for PS4

Nothing yet. 5 days.... Fingers crossed

Days of Play should be starting next week so there should be offer on PS Plus. I think it starts on Monday

Days of Play should be starting next week so there should be offer on PS Plus. I think it starts on Monday

Ooh that's cutting it fine. Hopefully though, that would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

oooooohhhh with VR going on sale (supposedly) next week, this might be very tempting or is it crazy to get old vr when new one might be coming out next year.

• Advertisement

Days of Play starting on Monday

PlayStation VR bundles**:
    • PS VR Starter Pack for £199.99/€199.99 RRP
    • PS VR Mega Pack for £229.99/€229.99 RRP

A wide selection of games** including:
    • Nioh 2 from £39.99/€49.99 RRP
    • Death Stranding from £24.99/€29.99 RRP
    • Days Gone from £15.99/€19.99 RRP
    PlayStation Hits games:
    • Selected titles** in the PlayStation Hits range from £11.99/€14.99 RRP each, including The Last of Us Remastered, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and more.
    • Save 30% on a 12-month PlayStation Plus membership***
    • Save 30% on a 12-month PlayStation Now membership** and play over 700 PS4, PS3 and PS2 classics for a year
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/05/22/days-of-play-2020-incredible-deals-on-games-and-more/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

oooooohhhh with VR going on sale (supposedly) next week, this might be very tempting or is it crazy to get old vr when new one might be coming out next year.

My thoughts exactly I played beat saber once at a Vr arcade and I really want to get it for that reason alone. Over 300 euro though its pretty dear, next gen just around the corner also.

The PS5 will work with existing VR headsets ... just visuals will be improved, so I reckon you're good to go with getting PSVR now!

btw that deal is funky, comes with full game too, and the box would be a keeper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

If you plan on getting PSVR, go for the mega pack as it's better value.

Only game i fancy in that megapack is Resi 7 which I could get cheap enough. Still, need to justify 300 quid on something when I will be spending possibly 500 on the PS5 on launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, can't see anywhere selling them off for €100 like what I got mine for last summer from Harvey Norman.

I'm curious about the VR but isn't like about €300 for only a handful of very good games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Astrobot makes the VR worth it on its own, honestly.

I'm curious about the VR but isn't like about €300 for only a handful of very good games?

nah it's bloomed in past year ... loads of games now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I have it and have a great selection of top games. AstroBot, Moss, Blood and Truth, Beat Sabre, Creed, SuperHot, Wipeout (if you can tolerate it) Resi 7 just to name a few. And there's a great amount of cheap and short games too.

Would highly recommend it.

Advertisement