Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The remaining games I plan on getting for PS4 before the PS5 launches are...

- The Last of Us 2
    - Borderlands 2 VR
    - Walking Dead Saints and Sinners
    - Iron Man
    - Tetris Effect

says something that only one of those isn't VR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

VR bundles are £ = €? Strange

How does PSVR run on non Pro PS4?
    Be great if could try it first.

And then as I've said before, be interesting to know how it can be used for PS5. Just on PS4 games or can it be used to play PS5 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

CastorTroy wrote: »
    VR bundles are £ = €? Strange

How does PSVR run on non Pro PS4?
    Be great if could try it first.

And then as I've said before, be interesting to know how it can be used for PS5. Just on PS4 games or can it be used to play PS5 games

Runs fine on base PS4- it’s quite hard to describe but once you have 2 mins with a headset on you’ll forget about graphics or any of that stuff.

Will be compatible with Ps5 so it’s not a dead end investment now. Tons of quality titles for it now - Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, Creed, Skyrim VR, Firewall Zero Hour, Blood & Truth, Astrobot, Moss, Red Matter, Beat Saber etc. Got mine 2 years ago as an xmas present and I’ve honestly spent more time gaming in VR than playing flat screen games since (even blockbusters like RdR 2 simply can’t match the amount of time I’ve spent in games like Firewall :) ).

DualShock is fine initially for some titles but you’ll want to get a set of Moves for proper immersion in a majority of the games, and the AIM if you plan to go down the Firewall rabbit hole (or get the most out of games like Farpoint or Arizona Sunshine).

That’s the VR part covered but that doesn’t even include the fact you can play normal games in the headset too - which is basically like sitting in a cinema on your own and gaming on a massive screen :)

and you can watch 3d BluRays in your own personal IMAX :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I have it and have a great selection of top games. AstroBot, Moss, Blood and Truth, Beat Sabre, Creed, SuperHot, Wipeout (if you can tolerate it) Resi 7 just to name a few. And there's a great amount of cheap and short games too.

Would highly recommend it.

I haven't bought it yet but it sounds like The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners is another top-tier title.
    Yeah I'd agree, there are more than enough games (SP and MP) to justify the purchase now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Any offers or recommendations on a headset lads? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Sweet. Let my plus sub lapse a couple of months ago as I never play online and the last while the games have been crappy. Will sub again at 30% off though. Even if there are only 3 or 4 good titles in the next year its worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭ffocused

Keeping with the VR theme, anyone thinking of picking one up in days of play should hold out until July to get the motion controllers if needed as there is an Iron Man bundle being released on 3rd July with the game and 2 motion controllers for €99

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/05/21/suit-up-as-the-armored-avenger-with-the-playstation-move-controller-marvels-iron-man-vr-bundle-plus-download-a-free-demo-today/

You would be hard pressed to get a better deal then that as Iron Man is €40 on its own and they are hard to find at the best of times anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ffocused wrote: »
    Keeping with the VR theme, anyone thinking of picking one up in days of play should hold out until July to get the motion controllers if needed as there is an Iron Man bundle being released on 3rd July with the game and 2 motion controllers for €99

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/05/21/suit-up-as-the-armored-avenger-with-the-playstation-move-controller-marvels-iron-man-vr-bundle-plus-download-a-free-demo-today/

You would be hard pressed to get a better deal then that as Iron Man is €40 on its own and they are hard to find at the best of times anyway.

It is €95 in Smyths. It is not going to be on sale here according to the blog so assume Argos will be the only other retailer to get stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭ffocused

It is €95 in Smyths. It is not going to be on sale here according to the blog so assume Argos will be the only other retailer to get stock.

Sorry, guilty as charged of not reading the small print!
    I’m sure it will be available on Amazon too.

• Advertisement

ffocused wrote: »
    Sorry, guilty as charged of not reading the small print!
    I’m sure it will be available on Amazon too.

Shopto have it for €85 plus shipping, will probably end up very close in price with Smyths including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Blood and Truth is 11 sterling in Coolshop - anyone ever bought from there? Tried addresspal but it won't accept an irish phone number.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Thanks for that Sniper. Pre-ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

Sweet. Let my plus sub lapse a couple of months ago as I never play online and the last while the games have been crappy. Will sub again at 30% off though. Even if there are only 3 or 4 good titles in the next year its worth it.

Sorry, where can you get the sub for 30% off?

Are Smyths and Argos open yet, or would we need to order the PSVR (likely Megapack) online?

testtech05 wrote: »

Everywhere. It isn't active until Days of Play begins though.

As part of the Days of Play starting on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

Are Smyths and Argos open yet, or would we need to order the PSVR (likely Megapack) online?

Argos have reopened for click and collect. Not sure about Smyth's

Both Smyths and Argos are open for click and collect/reservations. You can't just go in and grab one off the shelf.

• Advertisement

Every year this comes up and every year I think about getting it.
    Seems use with PC is better than it was as well, which would be another selling point for me. Not ideal, but for home cinema and as said 3D, it could be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Argos have reopened for click and collect. Not sure about Smyth's

Smyths will likely sell by home delivery if not open (and digitally for ps cards)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

How much room do you need for the psvr ? Is it 6 foot By 6 foot have my setup in my room and definitely don't have that kinda space

I have the original playstation 3 move controllers - going to buy Iron Man so is there any reason to buy the bundle are the new move controllers better or should I forget it and just buy the game on its own? Thanks

Danick wrote: »
    I have the original playstation 3 move controllers - going to buy Iron Man so is there any reason to buy the bundle are the new move controllers better or should I forget it and just buy the game on its own? Thanks

I think the only differences between the current and old Move controllers is PS3 connectivity and different usb ports(mini vs micro).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There is a VR forum beter suited for queries etc.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1829

How much room do you need for the psvr ? Is it 6 foot By 6 foot have my setup in my room and definitely don't have that kinda space

nah you can play rooted to the spot in PSVR, just space to stretch out your arms really.

But yes take the VR discussion to the PSVR thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057573337&page=276

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Every year this comes up and every year I think about getting it.
    Seems use with PC is better than it was as well, which would be another selling point for me. Not ideal, but for home cinema and as said 3D, it could be worth it.

Just to give my 2 cents, I'm a quality whore and rarely play pixelated games because I don't like the look of them. I have a Pro with PSVR2, and there is quite a noticable drop in quality when in VR. I personally can't watch films on it, because I know I can watch a better quality version on the TV. Just mentioning it in case people think the drop isn't noticable, but it is to me, no matter how much adjusting I do.

There's a weekend sale, Star Wars Jedi Academy is €17.99, actually thought it was a VR game, instead it just looks like a PS3 game.

• Advertisement

Just to give my 2 cents, I'm a quality whore and rarely play pixelated games because I don't like the look of them. I have a Pro with PSVR2, and there is quite a noticable drop in quality when in VR. I personally can't watch films on it, because I know I can watch a better quality version on the TV. Just mentioning it in case people think the drop isn't noticable, but it is to me, no matter how much adjusting I do.

There's a weekend sale, Star Wars Jedi Academy is €17.99, actually thought it was a VR game, instead it just looks like a PS3 game.

things like the Oculus Go and Quest show how far VR has evolved to the point that I can now play my Steam desktop games on the Quest while sitting on the couch and I'd be hard pressed telling the difference from looking directly at my monitor. I'd pretty much guarantee the PS5 will bring similar clarity improvements to existing PSVR headsets.

mrcheez wrote: »
    things like the Oculus Go and Quest show how far VR has evolved to the point that I can now play my Steam desktop games on the Quest while sitting on the couch and I'd be hard pressed telling the difference from looking directly at my monitor. I'd pretty much guarantee the PS5 will bring similar clarity improvements to existing PSVR headsets.

Really? I never thought of this - after all the pro makes a difference to quality - I hope you right and that the headsets have not already reached their full potential - this would be amazing news

Danick wrote: »
    Really? I never thought of this - after all the pro makes a difference to quality - I hope you right and that the headsets have not already reached their full potential - this would be amazing news

Yeah the headsets are just lenses, the power driving the VR is all in the console hardware. Anyway probably enough off-topic discussion here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Will the VR deals start at midnight?.. Any other games I should look out for or cheap titles to get?... Ordered the Iron Man VR bundle.

Will the VR deals start at midnight?.. Any other games I should look out for or cheap titles to get?... Ordered the Iron Man VR bundle.

Get the mega pack for the extra €30. Great vr games with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Smyths the best/cheapest for that? Collecting from my local would be handy.

• Advertisement

Get the mega pack for the extra €30. Great vr games with it.

Oh yeah that's the plan, any idea if they are one digital code or separate? Or are they disc based.. i already own some as I have had PSVR before..

@Zero id say smyths or argos will have best deals, i will be ordering online as i don't think any of my stores are open, has free delivery anyways too.. Hopefully there's a VR Mega with an extra game on offer but not sure..

Oh yeah that's the plan, any idea if they are one digital code or separate? Or are they disc based.. i already own some as I have had PSVR before..

@Zero id say smyths or argos will have best deals, i will be ordering online as i don't think any of my stores are open, has free delivery anyways too.. Hopefully there's a VR Mega with an extra game on offer but not sure..

Yeah gonna check Argos and Smyths first thing tomorrow. Where did you order iron Man bundle?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah gonna check Argos and Smyths first thing tomorrow. Where did you order iron Man bundle?

Smyths online comes with 2 x Move Controllers so going to wait for it to have the move controllers...

95euro, free delivery for account holders

I think it's a digital code as I've seen the games as a pack on key reseller sites.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-vr-megapack-ps4-vr-psn-key-europe

I think it's a digital code as I've seen the games as a pack on key reseller sites.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-vr-megapack-ps4-vr-psn-key-europe

I actually only have Resident Evil so it isn't too bad.. Resident Evil is so good in VR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I actually only have Resident Evil so it isn't too bad.. Resident Evil is so good in VR

The games of the mega pack are all codes, there are no game discs. Also there are alot of vr demos on the store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Speaking of, we're overdue a new VR demo collection. There were 13 months between 1 and 2, and 14 between 2 and 3, and it's been 16 months since 3...

VR Mega Pack deal now on with Smyths, Argos seem to have updated something, it says discount 90euro but its still fully priced, and at -90 they would be charging 280euro..

Argos probably not sorted yet so might be properly done in the morning

EDIT: Death Stranding 25euro from Smyths, bargain..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

€30 total including delivery, or €29.98 for the pedantic folk....
    Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Happy days!

Click and Collect.

Argos vr was more expensive so looks like they'll be sticking at 50 dearer than Smyths ffs.

Easier to get to for me but not 50 quid easier.

Smyths:
    Blood and truth 18
    Days gone 20
    All hits 15 or under.

Happy days!

Pretty suee its free delivery for accpunt holders? Or maybe there's a min spend for that..

@Zero at 8 or 9ish check pricing again, this could be an error that might be rectified..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

VR Mega Pack deal now on with Smyths, Argos seem to have updated something, it says discount 90euro but its still fully priced, and at -90 they would be charging 280euro..

Argos probably not sorted yet so might be properly done in the morning

Isn't Death Stranding part of the online sale next week too?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Isn't Death Stranding part of the online sale next week too?

Yeah for 30euro and digitally, its 5euro less in smyths when you finish can probably get your money back or close to it

Yeah for 30euro and digitally, its 5euro less in smyths when you finish can probably get your money back or close to it

My goty last year, absolutely loved it. Marmite game but i would absolutely recommend it for the price to at least try it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement