Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    My goty last year, absolutely loved it. Marmite game but i would absolutely recommend it for the price to at least try it.

I already owned it, amazing game... Never finished it as was struggling on a mission.. Might just rebuy at that price...

Seriously surprised argos is 50euro more for the VR still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My runner up goty last year, Days Gone is 17 euro in Argos. Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

My runner up goty last year, Days Gone is 17 euro in Argos. Do it!

It advises free delivery on the product page, but a charge for 4.95 comes up at checkout on argos. Ended up going with Smyth's at 19.99 as it has free delivery (if you register with them).

Got my PS plus subscription for 41. Thank god I didn't buy last week for the 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Got the Iron man vr bundle, the vr megapack and blood and truth as it got good reviews.

Won't be able to play it until july when iron man arrives but sure the last of us 2 will tide me over :D

Got the Iron man vr bundle, the vr megapack and blood and truth as it got good reviews.

Won't be able to play it until july when iron man arrives but sure the last of us 2 will tide me over :D

SNAP except for B&T, gonna wait til I get the sticks first and hopefully that hits sale again by then. I can't decide between Delivery or click and collect. Delivery is 3-6 working days but I won't have to come in contact with any disgusting people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

SNAP except for B&T, gonna wait til I get the sticks first and hopefully that hits sale again by then. I can't decide between Delivery or click and collect. Delivery is 3-6 working days but I won't have to come in contact with any disgusting people.

Yeah that is the thing, depends how close your smyths is mine is still out of bounds for the travel restriction so just had it delivery.

Next will hopefully be beat saber and saints and sinners when it eventually goes on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Didn't realise that the days of play sale doesn't start on the PSN store until 3rd June. At least its the same with US store just in case prices work out cheaper there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got my PS plus subscription for 41. Thank god I didn't buy last week for the 60

Will that price be online as well when the sale starts there, do you know?

• Advertisement

Next will hopefully be beat saber and saints and sinners when it eventually goes on sale.

Just to let you know if planning to buy digital, Beat Saber has never been on sale since its release on PSN store

VR Megapack sold out for Home Delivery in Smyths, just whatever amounts are in your local store for click and collect. Made my choice easier anyway. Just ordered the Megapack and pre-ordered Ironman VR Move bundle.

VR Megapack sold out for Home Delivery in Smyths, just whatever amounts are in your local store for click and collect. Made my choice easier anyway. Just ordered the Megapack and pre-ordered Ironman VR Move bundle.

Thankfully I bit the bullet earlier this morning.. Truth and Blood was sold out so couldn't get that ordered but picked up Ghost Recon Breakpoint for 15, Dreams for 25 and Medievil for 15euro..

I already own a few VR games and just see that No Man's Sky now has VR too...

Welcome to the club. I've had my vr for nearly 2 years now. Haven't used it since lockdown as forgot to bring it home with me :(
    When buying games , I found it easier to go digital as no need to take off visor to change games. Some good games are Beat Saber, Superhot VR, BoxVR, Blood and Truth and Astro Bot. Also if using the Gold Wireless headset, buy a short audio cable as you need to plug headset into vr, wireless will not work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just to let you know if planning to buy digital, Beat Saber has never been on sale since its release on PSN store

Beat Saber has never gone on sale on any platform.

In fact, it USED to be cheaper before it officially launched, while it was still in beta

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/beatsaber/history/

mrcheez wrote: »
    Beat Saber has never gone on sale on any platform.

In fact, it USED to be cheaper before it officially launched, while it was still in beta

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/beatsaber/history/

Yeah its crazy that it has never gone on sale. I picked it up on the Turkey PSN for around 18 euro when it came out. BTW you need a disposable virtual card from revolut to buy from that region. I got saints row the third remastered for 25 euro the other day, its 40 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I wish I could use VR, great deal everywhere for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VanHalen

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I wish I could use VR, great deal everywhere for it.

Was tempted by VR also. Is it being discounted now because a new version will come out with the PS5 later this year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

VanHalen wrote: »
    Was tempted by VR also. Is it being discounted now because a new version will come out with the PS5 later this year?

Sony days of play. Reductions to VR, games, Now, Plus. Yearly event, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Call of duty WWii available on PS store for free as of tomorrow i believe.

• Advertisement

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Call of duty WWii available on PS store for free as of tomorrow i believe.

For PS+ subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

For PS+ subscribers.

Correct you are, apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Was on the verge of buying a replacement PSVR for about two months now, but for 200 euro I’m in.

Can’t see the psvr2 launching anywhere near a year of the PS5. They’ll want to give the console as much room as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Can’t see the psvr2 launching anywhere near a year of the PS5. They’ll want to give the console as much room as possible.

Agreed. Plus VR is a slow burn market. They have already cannibalised the majority of the VR market if they release an updated model soon and sales would be abysmal.

Agreed. Plus VR is a slow burn market. They have already cannibalised the majority of the VR market if they release an updated model soon and sales would be abysmal.

I’d be hugely surprised if the psvr doesn’t work with the PS5. Then, once the install base is big enough bring out a (possibly wireless) PSVR2 as the premium whistles & bells model.

I’d be hugely surprised if the psvr doesn’t work with the PS5. Then, once the install base is big enough bring out a (possibly wireless) PSVR2 as the premium whistles & bells model.

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/ps5-release-date-price-specs-features-rumors-patents-sony-playstation-5

"Currently available PSVR hardware will be compatible with the PS5."

VanHalen wrote: »

It's been 200 a few times now during various sales. I just can't use it as it hurts.

Has anyone ordered the VR from Smyths for delivery and has it been shipped yet?.. I know of cases where Smyths stock was completely incorrect so hoping this isn't the case now as I have bought some other VR stuff already..

Has anyone ordered the VR from Smyths for delivery and has it been shipped yet?.. I know of cases where Smyths stock was completely incorrect so hoping this isn't the case now as I have bought some other VR stuff already..

I did click and collect but they are be fairly good to reply on twitter not will probably be the morning of anyone here doesn't get back to you sooner.

I did click and collect but they are be fairly good to reply on twitter not will probably be the morning of anyone here doesn't get back to you sooner.

I'd be raging if it was sold out and stock wasn't updated... Should be OK, maybe they just didnt deliver out any today...

Purchased Concrete Genie for 10pound

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07DPJFP5Y?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Paranormal Activity is down to 10euro on the Store

And also got this for 5.60pound

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01ESPZ174?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

I have playstation usa, uk, Indonesian and Irish accounts on my ps4. Does it make a difference what region I buy ps now in?

ronano wrote: »
    I have playstation usa, uk, Indonesian and Irish accounts on my ps4. Does it make a difference what region I buy ps now in?

Server location may be an issue. I'd get it on your Irish account to be safe.

Server location may be an issue. I'd get it on your Irish account to be safe.

And if you play a game on your usa ps now and then decide to buy on your Irish account, progress might not carry over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

thank you for the quick and informative replies, will wait for Irish discount

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Might have been mentioned already, PS Plus is €41.99 for 12 months in GameStop and Smyths (both digital)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I see Return to Arkham is down to 14:99 from that list, The Arkham Collection which includes both those games and Arkham Knight is 19:99.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

shipped today for me

shipped today for me

Yeah i got a ready for dispatch notification just..

Decent VR Titles on sale now too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/grfzs8/ukeu_new_ps_store_discounts_2752020/

• Advertisement

Mine arrived today. Ton of little improvements over the original headset. Especially glad to see they’ve redesigned the cord where my old one failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Will that VR work with the PS5?

BSK wrote: »
    Will that VR work with the PS5?

yeah

Tesco Naas selling games for a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

thanks, any in particular?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Any PS4 Pro console deals around? looking to pick one up for the Last of Us.

Any PS4 Pro console deals around? looking to pick one up for the Last of Us.

Not sure about shipping cost, but Shopto have the TLOU2 console, which includes the game, for €346.95.

Alternatively GameStop have it for €399.

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/74748/playstation-4-pro-1tb-the-last-of-us-part-ii-console-bundle-limited-edition

You won't get a copy of the game and a new Pro cheaper tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

None in Monread Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Not sure about shipping cost, but Shopto have the TLOU2 console, which includes the game, for €346.95.

Alternatively GameStop have it for €399.

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/74748/playstation-4-pro-1tb-the-last-of-us-part-ii-console-bundle-limited-edition

You won't get a copy of the game and a new Pro cheaper tbh.

You cant checkout on shopto at that price. All prices in euro are much lower than £ but they dont let you checkout at those prices.

dan786 wrote: »
    You cant checkout on shopto at that price. All prices in euro are much lower than £ but they dont let you checkout at those prices.

The euro prices are cheaper than the sterling prices as somehow Shopto sell ex VAT outside the UK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement