Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Agh gamecarwler , you lej that's it , total brain fart.
    Thank you kind sir :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Eneba

Just used it for first time since InstantGaming were out of stock. Worked a treat, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just used it for first time since InstantGaming were out of stock. Worked a treat, thanks!

I don't understand why they are charging an "Operational Fee" though. The price you see is not what you pay. I don't like that practice.
    I was going to but €50 last week from them but decided against it when the extra was added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I don't understand why they are charging an "Operational Fee" though. The price you see is not what you pay. I don't like that practice.
    I was going to but €50 last week from them but decided against it when the extra was added.

When I used it for the first time the other day, I checked the discount codes with Honey and the best one basically cancelled out that fee!
    I was able to get €100 worth of PSN wallet credit for €87.89 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

marcbrophy wrote: »
    When I used it for the first time the other day, I checked the discount codes with Honey and the best one basically cancelled out that fee!
    I was able to get €100 worth of PSN wallet credit for €87.89 :)

SelfassuredPessimisticDolphin-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^
    Whoops :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

Days Gone worth 20 quid in the sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

MK 11 + all extra characters + aftermath for €60 seems pretty good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

fixXxer wrote: »
    MK 11 + all extra characters + aftermath for €60 seems pretty good?

Yeah, lot of previous players are p*ssed about it as it cost early adaptors up to €150 for all of that.

If you wait a month or 2 it will probably be down to €40 in a sale though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

dohboy wrote: »
    It is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

dohboy wrote: »

Days Gone is 16.99€ in Argos ATM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Yeah, lot of previous players are p*ssed about it as it cost early adaptors up to €150 for all of that.

Unless the price drop was close to immediate, I don't get this argument. Prices of games always come down over time...

dulpit wrote: »
    Unless the price drop was close to immediate, I don't get this argument. Prices of games always come down over time...

It wasn't. The main issue most people had was that it is €40 for Aftermath, €50 with the character pass, but new players can get Aftermath the character pass and the base game for €60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Decided not to wait, went for MK11 + extras. Only had a short play but it feels really good to play. Slightly worried how desensitized I am to some of the absolutely horrific things you can do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

fixXxer wrote: »
    Decided not to wait, went for MK11 + extras. Only had a short play but it feels really good to play. Slightly worried how desensitized I am to some of the absolutely horrific things you can do :D

MK11 is fantastic, and the Aftermath edition with everything is a great bargain if you haven't bought the main game. There's a great story mode, now about 50% longer with the DLC (you might be a bit lost if you've not played the previous two MK games, but still well worth it), and even just as a pure fighting game, it's one of the best. The constant changing towers keep it fresh (even if some of the modifiers they can throw at you can be a big ol' bunch of bullsh*t).

As for the horrific things, I've generally found that once they go so over the top, the blood and guts just take a backseat. I'm sure the devs who had to watch hours and hours of real gore to get it as accurate as possible probably feel differently though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It wasn't. The main issue most people had was that it is €40 for Aftermath, €50 with the character pass, but new players can get Aftermath the character pass and the base game for €60.

Ya, but I bought RDR2 last week for €30, and it was €60 or 70 at launch, so what's the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Ya, but I bought RDR2 last week for €30, and it was €60 or 70 at launch, so what's the issue?

Got RDR2 for a tenner in Tescos about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Days Gone is 16.99€ in Argos ATM

Coming up as €60 for me when I search the site.

Simply that the Aftermath expansion is overpriced. Obviously the prices of games/DLC drop after release and therefore early adopters tend to pay more in the end for the same product. That's inescapable. But the price of the Aftermath expansion itself is far too expensive for what it offers, and for those who have supported the game from launch and already paid an additional €30 for the Kombat Pack with 6 characters, paying another €40 for 3 characters and maybe a 40-50% expansion to the story mode, while new players can buy everything for one €60 package... It's just poorly balanced.

I love the MK story modes, and the new characters look great. But I can't justify spending €40 on the Aftermath expansion after what I've already paid for the game. €20, I'd pay that. €30, I'd consider it. But it's not enough for €40. I just watched the story mode cinematics on Youtube.

Whatever about the value of the original game and kombat pack dropping, the new content is very badly priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Coming up as €60 for me when I search the site.

Days of Play sale seems to be over in Argos and Smyths...

• Advertisement

Days of Play sale seems to be over in Argos and Smyths...

Days of play for retailers ended yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience for 4.99, I had been contemplating buying this for a while I think Ive just been persuaded.
    Havent played MGS since the ps3 I think.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete edition for 12.99 looks tempting, im torn between buying that or ARK survival evolved this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

We got the whole MGS V on Plus I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Horizon Zero Dawn Complete edition for 12.99 looks tempting, im torn between buying that or ARK survival evolved this month.

HZD is one of the 'must haves', it should be no decision

testtech05 wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience for 4.99, I had been contemplating buying this for a while I think Ive just been persuaded.
    Havent played MGS since the ps3 I think.....

Great game for that price. Not without its flaws, particularly regarding story and repetition, but the general gameplay is just fantastic.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    We got the whole MGS V on Plus I think

Yeah, both parts have been previously on Plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Yeah, both parts have been previously on Plus.

Also on psnow for anyone subbed to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Penn wrote: »
    Great game for that price. Not without its flaws, particularly regarding story and repetition, but the general gameplay is just fantastic.

+1 ... really is a showcase for what the fox engine is capable of

Apparently also, the night sky is astronomically correct :)

It’s great craic even just to use balloons!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

+1 ... really is a showcase for what the fox engine is capable of

Apparently also, the night sky is astronomically correct :)

It’s great craic even just to use balloons!

I swear to god, after spending 50 hours playing that game, I would be walking down the road IRL and eyeing up cars to fulton extract

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Cheapest PS Plus at the min guys? It’s €41.99 for the year in the PS Store, that the best?

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Cheapest PS Plus at the min guys? It’s €41.99 for the year in the PS Store, that the best?

Yeah. Buy a €50 psn voucher from Eneba, works out at €45.80, then use that to buy the sub and still have €8 credit for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Alien Isolation - The Collection - €10.99 in the PS Store - Great deal

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Alien Isolation - The Collection - €10.99 in the PS Store - Great deal

I hate that game but I love that game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a PS4 controller by Thursday? Mine appears to be drifting, want to play last of us 2 without any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ronano wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to get a PS4 controller by Thursday? Mine appears to be drifting, want to play last of us 2 without any issues.

By Thursday, Smyths. Can't see anywhere online getting it to you by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ronano wrote: »

Posted it back a few days ago, but I had a drifting controller and was able to fix it with a few youtube tutorials

This was the post

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

RedXIV wrote:
    Posted it back a few days ago, but I had a drifting controller and was able to fix it with a few youtube tutorials

Where did you buy parts for fix please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

duploelabs wrote: »
    I hate that game but I love that game

If you ever played it on the Xbox, with the Kinect plugged in, its a whole different experience.
    Took me a while to realise that the Aliens can hear you through the Kinect if there is noise.
    Gave me a heartattack but I hate/like it lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you ever played it on the Xbox, with the Kinect plugged in, its a whole different experience.
    Took me a while to realise that the Aliens can hear you through the Kinect if there is noise.

Ah here!:eek: Bad enough as it was on PS, I'd be found next morning on the floor blue in the face from holding my breath!!:D

I thought it used the mic and motion sensors on the ps4 controller too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Try it in VR on PC. Wear the brown pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

rahern wrote: »
    Where did you buy parts for fix please

Didn't need anything, thing just needed a proper clean on the sensors for the joysticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

This actually worked with the PS4 camera as well, was hiding in a locker once and my ma came into the room asking me for something, Alien heard her, found me and ate my face. It was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Is PS Plus for 42E gone now? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Is PS Plus for 42E gone now? :(

shouldn't be i only bought it there an hour ago for myself and the kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

johnf26 wrote: »
    shouldn't be i only bought it there an hour ago for myself and the kid

Where did you buy it? Did you buy it on the console - tried from PC and it is showing at full price on Playstation store

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Danick wrote: »
    Where did you buy it? Did you buy it on the console - tried from PC and it is showing at full price on Playstation store

Yea console I still had a month left just went to extend and it gave it to me for the 42e

Danick wrote: »

Still showing as €41.99 on the website.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLU12M30DISDOP

• Advertisement
Advertisement