Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GOW for a tenner, just get it if you haven't already

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

duploelabs wrote: »
    GOW for a tenner, just get it if you haven't already

God of War? Saying €19.99 on mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭chonix

BSK wrote: »
    I think it was meant to say GOW3 Remastered, not even the cheapest store has it for less than €16-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

chonix wrote: »
    I think it was meant to say GOW3 Remastered, not even the cheapest store has it for less than €16-ish

Got that for free with PS Plus a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

BSK wrote: »

I got the digital deluxe edition for €14.99 last week, all the extra's are sh*te but you get the game anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Injustice Gods Among Us is free until 25th June

nedd wrote: »
    Injustice Gods Among Us is free until 25th June

Wasn't it a psplus free game years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wasn't it a psplus free game years ago?

It was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That was the standard edition I think? This one is the ultimate edition.

fixXxer wrote: »
    That was the standard edition I think? This one is the ultimate edition.

The Ultimate Edition is the only version released on PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New sale on psn. For the love of Jaysus, pick up Outer Wilds for 16 euro if you haven't tried it yet.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?platform=PS4&sort=date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New sale on psn. For the love of Jaysus, pick up Outer Wilds for 16 euro if you haven't tried it yet.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?platform=PS4&sort=date

Thought it was The Outer Worlds for a sec.

Might give this one a go

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Very tempted at this price and Control at €20 but having only just started dark souls remastered, I think I'll be occupied for the foreseeable future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Control I think will have to be got, even though I still have TLOU 1 & 2 to finish :D Stupid ever expanding backlog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Picked up dying light recently and just seen that the following DLC is down to a tener, anyone play the expansion? Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Control was definitely my favourite game of last year. Great world and great gaming mechanics. Well worth €20.

Going to pick up the Outer Wilds to fill the hole when I finish TLOU 2.

Brozy wrote: »
    Very tempted at this price and Control at €20 but having only just started dark souls remastered, I think I'll be occupied for the foreseeable future...

Control is currently on PS Now. If you haven't used your trial you can play it for free.

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Picked up dying light recently and just seen that the following DLC is down to a tener, anyone play the expansion? Is it worth it?

Yeah the following DLC is worth it. Map is quite big but you get a dirt buggy to use

Yeah the following DLC is worth it. Map is quite big but you get a dirt buggy to use

Awesome, i normally dont buy DLC or expnansions, but im enjoying the base game so itll give me a bit more time with the game i guess. seen some reviews this morning on it and the general overall is that its a vast improvement to the game.

• Advertisement

It's always something :pac: Control is excellent so worth adding it to the backlog for that price.

petes wrote: »
    It's always something :pac: Control is excellent so worth adding it to the backlog for that price.

I don't feel the need to add it now. It'll be back down to that price again in a few months and probably lower again before Christmas. I hate having a backlog, as I feel like I've to rush through my current game to get to the next and don't enjoy them as much. That's just me though.

I'm really considering the PS Now option lately, even instead of PS+. I don't play online really and if there's a month I really want I could just buy for that month and finish whatever quickly. I've a few days off in July so that could be a good time to use the trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It'll be back down to that price again in a few months and probably lower again before Christmas.

Exactly! Keep to them principles and you'll get through your backlog in no time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

mrcheez wrote: »
    Exactly! Keep to them principles and you'll get through your backlog in no time :)

Pft we'll all take our backlogs to the grave, you know it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Backlog? At this point it's more of a backcabin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

control is around 11.60 on Turkey store

sweetie wrote: »
    control is around 11.60 on Turkey store

The Turkish store was always the cheapest or second cheapest before they made that a premium feature on psprices.

Is it easy to buy on the Turkish store? Presume you can add Revolut card and change the language to English easily enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

The Turkish store was always the cheapest or second cheapest before they made that a premium feature on psprices.

Is it easy to buy on the Turkish store? Presume you can add Revolut card and change the language to English easily enough

yes, use a virtual visa on Revolut. Its part of the European region so should be fine. I bought Nioh 2 deluxe bundle and my save from my Nioh 2 disc worked on it

sweetie wrote: »
    yes, use a virtual visa on Revolut. Its part of the European region so should be fine. I bought Nioh 2 deluxe bundle and my save from my Nioh 2 disc worked on it

It needs to be a disposable virtual card. Also psn4.com shows you cheapest price for games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Niska wrote: »
    Nex Machina 3.99

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP2604-CUSA05595_00-NEXMACHINAGAMEEU

Been on my wishlist since launch, couldn't not buy it at that price.

Thank You!!!
    Love a housemarque game thought that was only a 1 player its why I didnt pick it up!! Couch Coop is great on DeadNation and Alienation

Not much that interests me for this sale, only thing that's tempting me is the sale of the week....Middle Earth Shadow of War for 9.99

Not much that interests me for this sale, only thing that's tempting me is the sale of the week....Middle Earth Shadow of War for 9.99

Yeah spotted this as well, lowest it's been. I enjoyed the first one as far as I remember but got a bit repetitive. I think the second one suffers from the same complaint but can't really go wrong for a tenner, especially if you like LOTR.

Yeah spotted this as well, lowest it's been. I enjoyed the first one as far as I remember but got a bit repetitive. I think the second one suffers from the same complaint but can't really go wrong for a tenner, especially if you like LOTR.

Exactly, it did get repetitive but i remember the combat was pretty fun despite, fcuk it, for a tenner ill pick it up this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Exactly, it did get repetitive but i remember the combat was pretty fun despite, fcuk it, for a tenner ill pick it up this evening

Its probably worth a tenner. When the game came out, there was an insane repetitive grind before you could see the proper ending, the whole point of which was to sell lootboxes. I think they have removed that now so it might be a bit more fun now.

If you are in any way invested in the lore of middle earth, the changes they make to it may really get under your skin.

Markitron wrote: »
    Its probably worth a tenner. When the game came out, there was an insane repetitive grind before you could see the proper ending, the whole point of which was to sell lootboxes. I think they have removed that now so it might be a bit more fun now.

If you are in any way invested in the lore of middle earth, the changes they make to it may really get under your skin.

My face dropped briefly when you mentioned lootboxes haha. if they removed all of it though ill pick it up, im somewhat invested but i dont think to the point ill be offended.

My face dropped briefly when you mentioned lootboxes haha. if they removed all of it though ill pick it up, im somewhat invested but i dont think to the point ill be offended.

I think the core design of the game is still affected by the lootboxes it had at launch, I don't think they could just patch that out, building up orcs for your armies could get really tedious.

The combat is still a lot of fun though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I think the core design of the game is still affected by the lootboxes it had at launch, I don't think they could just patch that out, building up orcs for your armies could get really tedious.

The combat is still a lot of fun though.

I played it to completion after the lootbox stuff was changed.

There is definitely a bit of repetitive gameplay to get your character sufficiently strong for the end of the game but nothing I found too annoying.
    I think at €10 its worth a play through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My 2 cents, I thoroughly enjoyed the first one but I couldn't play for more than a few hours in the second. Just didn't feel as good or too similar to the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Control €19.99

Skerries wrote: »
    Control €19.99

Well worth it, but apparently it runs terribly on the base PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dodgey frame rates in places.

Didn't spoil my enjoyment one iota and I thought some frame rate issues were apparent on all consoles.

Good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

On PS4 Pro it is ok (Apart from coming out of the Pause menu...)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I played on the base PS4. It was fine bar coming out of the pause menu. Didn't bother me anyway.

• Advertisement

For some reason I thought it hovered between 20 and 30 fps on base PS4, maybe its the original XB1 though.

Far Cry 3 is €2.99 on PSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Thanks for that.

Just grabbed me some Monster Hunter. Had been wanting to get back into this after completing it when it first came out. There’s been a huge amount of updates and dlc since then so I’m in for a treat for €35!!!!

.... hundreds if not thousands of hours later. Damn you bargain alerts!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement